7 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

as correctly predicted:D

where are the deluded spuds,guess underneath that rock

its a bonza good morning to all:)

7 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

as correctly predicted:D

where are the deluded spuds,guess underneath that rock

its a bonza good morning to all:)

For the last time, leave those kangaroos alone and bore off!!

Better performance in the second half but Monaco were clearly the better side last night.  Why are we not turning up at the start of games?  Were six matches into the new season and it still persists...  At champions league level you are not going to get away with it.  Can't see the point in singling out anyone as its just a case of us not being good enough on the night

I also think that playing at Wembley is going to back fire on us.  Great for revenues sure but its a place, as is Lords where players want to come and play and will detract from the home advantage.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

For the last time, leave those kangaroos alone and bore off!!

the delirious one   of all spuds  has crawled out ,and  has mumbled  the above

if that is the best you can do, crawl back where  you belong

BTW, and back on topic :)

from all press reports, it certainly seems another choke from spuds , the Stamford Bridge Meltdown Continues:DAka  Loserpool Brenda,all over ,how sweet it is

Fire  Away !!!!    E/S just luvs  being adored on  The Spuds Thread !!!!!!

Just watched the re-cast of the match without having known the score. Brought back painful memories of how Monaco stuffed us up at home first game 2 years ago. They are a better team than 2 years ago n'all - I watched them dominate PSG a couple of weeks back in La Liga, clearly not a one off after all - must now be favourites to win the group.

Hope your guys can assume the Arsenal position and battle yer way back into the KOs. Oh yes - the non-Chav culture on these threads is to suspend rivalries when it comes to playing the greasy dago teams!

Would love to have Camnic Glik in our back line - he seemed glued to Kane's shooting foot all night. Mind you, woudn't mind Aderweirald in our line up either.

Edited by SantiSuk

With our next match being Sunderland at home, and after wednesday's poor display for many of the players, i think Poch should use this game to rest some of the regular starters and give some match

time to the players that haven't been included too much so far this season.

First, i think it was harsh that Son was subbed at half time on weds when it should have been Lamela

instead, also Kane looks like he needs a rest and Janssen should be given a start, and Dembele should come in to central mid alongside Wanyama to give Dier a rest.

So here's my team for Sunday.

Lioris

Walker    Toby      Verts      Davies (if Rose is still injured)

Wanyama   Dembele

Eriksen                 Dele                         Son

Janssen

PS: Would also like to see Sissoko come on for 30mins to give him some integration.  

• Like 2

Yeah Carms, N'koudou is his name, and the interesting thing about him is that he's allegedly

lightening quick and faster than Walker, which would put him as probably the quickest player in the squad.Apparently he's not far off being match fit and could make his debut on Wednesday at home against Gillingham in the LC.

I'm still peeved off at why Poch pulled off Son at half time last Wednesday and not Lamela who was

the worst of a bad bunch in that first half and didn't do much better in the second either. I have a feeling though that Poch gives preferential treatment to Lamela and that would be at the expense of 

Son unfortunately. We'll have to see today who he starts with, but i feel Son won't be selected.  

Interesting Tottenham lineup: (Davies, Lamela & Eriksen) rested.

Hugo Lloris

Kyle Walker      Toby Alderweireld       Eric Dier       Jan Vertonghen

Mousa Dembélé  Victor Wanyama

Moussa Sissoko                  Dele Alli                         Son Heung-Min

Harry Kane

Substitutes: 

Michel Vorm, Ben Davies, Kieran Trippier, Christian Eriksen,

Erik Lamela, Harry Winks, Vincent Janssen.

....thought Spurs looked like a bunch of US naval officers on shore leave Wednesday night, when they had an all-white strip with those navy blue shoulder sections.

Ah a goal at last - an appropriately mundane one

That was nothing to shout about.  Below par again although deserving of the win.  Again, wheres the high tempo gone, the intensity?  Why hasn't it been addressed?  Is it due to a quarter of the stadium missing?  Cant be because we are just as slow to get into the game away from home.  The better sides are going to make up pay for these lethargic opening minutes.

Thank heavens we have Dembele back is all i can say.  Our most important player?

Injuries to Dier and Kane don't look good,  especially Kane.  Looks like a lengthy lay off.  Time for others to step up

Frustrating to watch, but thats expected when a team comes to WHL to park the bus.

Happy that Poch picked Son ahead of Lamela, and proved to be the right decision with a

MOM display.

Obviously the injuries to Kane, Dier & Dembele are a blow, but we have enough cover to 

replace them.

Sissoko put in a good shift for his first start and he can also play central mid to cover for 

Dier and Dembele, alongside Wanyama if need be.

If Kane's injury is serious it gives Janssen the chance to show what he can do.

Unbeaten so far and sitting in third spot, can't complain too much with that. 

1 hour ago, smokie36 said:

Another stupid post courtesy of the new software.

In any case I want to say how much I am enjoying Son playing this year....much improved and I think he is going to be a star for us this season.

He's looking good Smokes though he may want to think about laying the ball off from time to time. A few too many shots into the side netting. Those two goals he had recently have got him a little too fired up me thinks. Not a bad problem to have though.:smile:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I watched just the 1st half to see how Denayer did as last minute replacement left back. He was aweful and Spurs should have tore him apart he was that clueless in that position.

Another confirmation that bb watches a different game to everyone else, he played right back and Son did tear him apart !

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

He's looking good Smokes though he may want to think about laying the ball off from time to time. A few too many shots into the side netting. Those two goals he had recently have got him a little too fired up me thinks. Not a bad problem to have though.:smile:

The guy needs game time.  He was the forgotten man till a couple of games ago.  But, this form is good to see and remember, he wasn't a cheap buy.  He's played champions league for two season as well.

Tottenhams most important player is Moussa Dembele but Son's return is the added bonus.  Dembele and Wanyama at the back and big completion for who will get into the attacking three behind Janssen