Tottenham Thread

chonabot

2 hours ago, balo said:

CSKA is a strong team , I think it's 10 months since they lost at home , so to get a point here for Spurs would be good.  

I think the fact Poch is not taking any risks with the players shows he is prioritising the Premiership over our CL campaign.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, balo said:

CSKA is a strong team , I think it's 10 months since they lost at home , so to get a point here for Spurs would be good.  

Surprised about that, CSKA looked like the away team last night and hardly threatened as Spurs dominated the game, should have scored 2 or 3.

Will be interesting to see where Poch will play Son on Sunday cos he scored  soon after

he took Janssen off and put him up front.

Really good win in Moscow.  Five first teamers out and it just didn't show.  Great tactical management by Poch making the change when it was needed and so changing the game.  What a signing N'Koudou looks.  

Really really impressed by that.  City up next, can't wait for it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, balo said:

City didn't impress me much , I think we have a good chance here.

Both managers go back a long way and both know each other well.  Both also abide to and follow the philosophies of Marcelo Bielsa.  I'm expecting a tight contest.

Delighted with that performance obviously.  Finally found that intensity thats been missing and it was a masterclass of the high press.  Irritating to miss that spot kick because it left City with a little hope but the defense was very solid.  No matter how City play they will always be a threat with Aguero and i thought the back four was very solid.

No Dembele, no Kane and Dier starting on the bench shows squad depth and i thought Wanyama was outstanding.  Dembele will always start in the form he's been in but what a bonus for Poch to have Dier and Wanyama fighting for a place,.

It remains to be seen whether we are physically capable of maintaining this style of play, only time will tell.  However Pochettino has had enough time going right back to his days under Bielsa to know whats needed so we should just sit back and wait and see

Looking good for a top four finish!  

Yeah i agree Carms, it was an outstanding performance by us, a MOM display by 

Wanyama who single handiedly played as a lone DM in a 4-1-4-1 attacking formation which took the game to City with all that pressing.

Delle Ali's energy was unbelievable considering he's played 3 games in a week.

Son also deserves a mention for his energy and constant pressing who is now proved 

to be our best option up front without Kane. 

My only annoyance was with the fact, in Kane's absence, Poch should have had an 

allocated pen taker, and that should have been Son with his latest form, and if he had 

taken it and scored at 63mins it would have put the game to bed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-speak-erik-lamela-8964758?

What Lamela did was unprofessional considering Son picked the ball up to take the pen

and Lamela started grappling him and took the ball out of his hands exchanging words at the same time. That is not the way to prepare to take a spot kick, hence then misses it. That could have cost us the win with 30mins to still play, and against a top side like City. 

Edited by sotsira

39 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Yeah i agree Carms, it was an outstanding performance by us, a MOM display by 

Wanyama who single handiedly played as a lone DM in a 4-1-4-1 attacking formation which took the game to City with all that pressing.

Delle Ali's energy was unbelievable considering he's played 3 games in a week.

Son also deserves a mention for his energy and constant pressing who is now proved 

to be our best option up front without Kane. 

My only annoyance was with the fact, in Kane's absence, Poch should have had an 

allocated pen taker, and that should have been Son with his latest form, and if he had 

taken it and scored at 63mins it would have put the game to bed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-speak-erik-lamela-8964758?

What Lamela did was unprofessional considering Son picked the ball up to take the pen

and Lamela started grappling him and took the ball out of his hands exchanging words at the same time. That is not the way to prepare to take a spot kick, hence then misses it. That could have cost us the win with 30mins to still play, and against a top side like City. 

Good points.  I was really irritated by the penalty fiasco, if you can call it that.  Son should have taken it.  If City had gotten back in the game and grabbed a draw it would have been devastating for us.  Should have been Son to take and game over.

What is clear to see now is we have an extremely well balanced team and a strong squad.  Perfect example is Carter_Vickers being second choice now over Wimmer who deputized so well last season.  Vertonghen is so much a better player since partnered by Alderweirald who is just peerless at present.  

4 hours ago, carmine said:

Looking good for a top four finish!

god stone the bloody crows,what a riducolous claim

wer,e just 7 matches into the season,and at this point of time

anyone could finish anywhere

its a constructive point good afternoon, to all my fans on the footy forum

13 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

god stone the bloody crows,what a riducolous claim

wer,e just 7 matches into the season,and at this point of time

anyone could finish anywhere

its a constructive point good afternoon, to all my fans on the footy forum

So you don't do irony in Oz then?!!  Its a long standing joke on here that just flew gracefully over your head...........

Both managers go back a long way and both know each other well.  Both also abide to and follow the philosophies of Marcelo Bielsa.  I'm expecting a tight contest.

The contest was over after the first half. Good performance by Spurs, we are now favourites to win a title.

1 hour ago, balo said:

The contest was over after the first half. Good performance by Spurs, we are now favourites to win a title.

I don't know if you have your tongue in your cheek balo, although i think you do, but at this stage of the season there are 6 teams that look like they could challenge for the title. 

I also expect that this season will be an exceptionally tight race all the way to the end. 

• Like 1

Haven't seen much of Spurs on tv this season so was that a typical performance or did the players up their game?

For us it was the worse 45 this season, Pep got his starting 11 badly wrong (bloody navas and Fernando), Kolorov proved this week what City fans have long known, Sterling had his 2nd poor game of the season but I think most of all Silva had no co-creator until Gundogan came on (who inpressed me for the 1st time but still doesn't look fit) and then we started looking like a team again. Poor performance until the last 10 when Loris did well to keep aguero and iheanacho out.