Tottenham Thread

chonabot

9 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

At this point last season you were 7 points behind. At one point you looked like challenging but imploded (vs Chelsea?). You finished 11 points behind the winner.

At the same point this season (now) you're 7 points behind the leader Chelsea...

<deleted> has that got to do with this season?

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just pointing out that you're in a great place right now (again).

Couple of hatchet jobs is all that is required to put a dent on spurs's season. Slick but lightweight squad. Needs enforcements.

3 hours ago, wilai said:

^"er , not what he said which was ;

^Try reading the first post at the top of this page (made by you!). An incorrect interpretation of Bangrak Bob's post (you quoted it yourself)!) and nothing whatsoever to do with the post you now conveniently refer to!..... Kao Chai Mai?  Like I said earlier....welcome back!:wink::smile:

3 hours ago, wilai said:

^"er , not what he said which was ;

^Try reading the first post at the top of this page (made by you!). An incorrect interpretation of Bangrak Bob's post (you quoted it yourself)!) and nothing whatsoever to do with the post you now conveniently refer to!..... Kao Chai Mai?  Like I said earlier....welcome back!:wink::smile:

i aint 'interpreteting' anything it's all there in the post i quoted, but there you go something else for you to nit  pic and bore us all with, nuthin much changes so it seems :stoner:  

Vertonghen's injury not as bad as first thought and will miss the next six weeks.  Have to say though, i really don't like the idea of Wimmer in a back three.  He'll get caught out.  Carter-Vickers looked completely comfortable but isn't he more right sided?

Just now, carmine said:

Vertonghen's injury not as bad as first thought and will miss the next six weeks.  Have to say though, i really don't like the idea of Wimmer in a back three.  He'll get caught out.  Carter-Vickers looked completely comfortable but isn't he more right sided?

That's if Wimmer plays carms, could be Davies, but i'm sure Wimmer will be ok in that postion, already played their this season, IPWT

5 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

That's if Wimmer plays carms, could be Davies, but i'm sure Wimmer will be ok in that postion, already played their this season, IPWT

Yes and remember his mistake was responsible for one of Chelsea's goal.  Don't mind him in a back four but in a three worries me.  But, as you say, Poch might well go for Davies.

But, seriously does it matter as i read on the City thread that BB doesn't think its worth them turning up.  Strange though considering he thinks they are an improved side at this stage of the season as opposed to last!  i too look at the City side and it oozes that Pep golden touch of coaching genius!:post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by carmine

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yes and remember his mistake was responsible for one of Chelsea's goal.  Don't mind him in a back four but in a three worries me.  But, as you say, Poch might well go for Davies.

But, seriously does it matter as i read on the City thread that BB doesn't think its worth them turning up.  Strange though considering he thinks they are an improved side at this stage of the season as opposed to last!  i too look at the City side and it oozes that Pep golden touch of coaching genius!:post-4641-1156694572:

That was when he played left back which is definitely not his position.

^BB doesn't think its worth them turning up"

I didn't post that if you mean me and not Bangrak Bob. I responded, to Chicog's post of an article which implied it wasn't worth city turning up, sarcastically. ..take another read. We have all been watching football long enogh to know that predicting the final result is very difficult...as that wise man used to say, "it's a funny old game Saint".

Team i'm expecting today;

Lloris

Dier   Toby    Davies

Walker         Wanyama   Dembele     Rose

Dele              Kane          Eriksen

41 minutes ago, carmine said:

Team i'm expecting today;

Lloris

Dier   Toby    Davies

Walker         Wanyama   Dembele     Rose

Dele              Kane          Eriksen

Could  well be Davies over Wimmer taking into account City don't play too many long balls ! still had a worry about this game until i saw that City are favourites, take a draw if i'm being honest !

Edited by alfieconn

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Could  well be Davies over Wimmer taking into account City don't play too many long balls ! still had a worry about this game until i saw that City are favourites, take a draw if i'm being honest !

This game is a measure of where we are.  If this side is capable of winning the league they will go for the jugular and expose City, be ruthless with controlled power and pace on both wings.  And if we do,  it will set down a marker for the remainder of the season.

For these reasons i hope and expect us to win convincingly.  But then again, its a funny old game!  0-2 for me.

• Like 1

^"until i saw that City are favourites"

Really? With whom?

I think for the first time in a long time vs spurs at home, spurs are very much favourites for this game with anybody who knows anything about football. We'll be doing well to get anything out of the game...but first goal will be vital.

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"until i saw that City are favourites"

Really? With whom?

I think for the first time in a long time vs spurs at home, spurs are very much favourites for this game with anybody who knows anything about football. We'll be doing well to get anything out of the game...but first goal will be vital.

With every bookmaker out there but perhaps they don't know too much about football  :whistling::cheesy:

Let me give you a little tip, always best to do your homework before posting otherwise you could look like a muppet.

Sort By:FavouriteName

Man CityWWLWWL 6/5 23/20 23/20 11/10 23/20 23/20 23/20 23/20 11/10 23/20 11/10 23/20 11/10 23/20 23/20 15/13 11/10 11/10 6/5 11/10 6/5 10/9 6/5 23/20   10/9 10/9 23/20
Draw 12/5 12/5 5/2 23/10 5/2 12/5 5/2 23/10 5/2 12/5 23/10 12/5 51/20 5/2 5/2 12/5 27/11 12/5 5/2 27/11 127/50 12/5 5/2 12/5   12/5 12/5 5/2
TottenhamWWWWWW 13/5 13/5 5/2 5/2 13/5 13/5 13/5 5/2 5/2 13/5 5/2 13/5 5/2 13/5 13/5 5/2 28/11 13/5 5/2 28/11 13/5 5/2 28/11 13/5   5/2 13/5 13/5

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Not being knowledgeable on betting, if those odds say City ARE favourites then you spurs fans want to get your money on a spurs win don't ya.

It would take a brave man to have a substantial bet on City getting beaten at home and don't forget draw you lose.

h/t 0-0 some solid and some shocking defending  and more thsn a touch of luck to get us in to half time level. think pep will bring his new boy on in the 2 nd, a touch of pace when they've out numbered us on the break ish  and we'll be <deleted>. on the bright side in the 2 nd half  going forward and around their box i cant imagine us being any less effective !!!!