Tottenham Thread

chonabot

30 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Pep Guardiola has told his Manchester City bosses that improving the Etihad atmosphere must be treated as a priority.

I don my cap to the amount of City articles you read Alfie. Are you sure you ain't a closet CIty fan

27 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I don my cap to the amount of City articles you read Alfie. Are you sure you ain't a closet CIty fan

I read articles about all clubs BJ  so i wouldn't go getting too excited thinking that i only read about City  :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

Atmosphere in the Etihad isn't great, isn't as good as Maine Road was, and has been a known problem since we moved. Seems to be a common theme with these modern seated stadiums. I expect Spurs fans will be experiencing similar when you move in to your stadium. Thanks to Alfred for sharing though.

9 hours ago, carmine said:

Can't see Arsenal or City doing anything against them on that showing.  Defensively, neither has what it takes.

United sorted them no problem  :thumbsup: so if a bad team  like us can do it Arsenal or City should not need to worry

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Atmosphere in the Etihad isn't great, isn't as good as Maine Road was, and has been a known problem since we moved. Seems to be a common theme with these modern seated stadiums. I expect Spurs fans will be experiencing similar when you move in to your stadium. Thanks to Alfred for sharing though.

Not sure about that BB, the difference being that the owners wanted the new stadium to be designed specifically to create an atmosphere similar to WHL and being as it will be owned by us, the owners were able to have  a lot of input into the construction to achieve their goal's.

No second hand athletics stadium for us old boy ! 

You should read up on it, makes interesting reading, i'll try and find you the link.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

They must have had a long journey back home and got work in the morning. Oh wait a minute, it was in London and on a Saturday.

Wonder if Alfie is going to slag those fans off. I mean, what type of supporter leaves Wembley early in a semi-final when it's only round the corner :shock1:

8 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Yep disgusting behaviour, should never leave until the final whistle even if you are losing ! mind you at least the atmosphere at WHL is top notch unlike your own club

Pep Guardiola has told his Manchester City bosses that improving the Etihad atmosphere must be treated as a priority.

Alfie

City are only tenants at the Etihad and there are bye laws relating to renting council property regarding noise and disturbances hence lack of atmosphere...............:cheesy:................sorry BB/BJ could not resist that one :wai:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Not sure about that BB, the difference being that the owners wanted the new stadium to be designed specifically to create an atmosphere similar to WHL and being as it will be owned by us, the owners were able to have  a lot of input into the construction to achieve their goal's.

No second hand athletics stadium for us old boy ! 

You should read up on it, makes interesting reading, i'll try and find you the link.

The game is moving further and further towards happy clappers. It's going to get more and more difficult to replicate when the fan base culture is shifting, i.e. tourist fans, those that can afford a ticket.

Old Trafford is great example of happy clapping tourists.

Edited by BangrakBob

Bladdy hell............Tottenhams defeat yesterday created a record they have now lost SEVEN consecutive FA Cup semi finals......hells bells :ermm:

And 45 year old Argentine manager Pochettino has never won a trophy in his managerial career.......seems the idea bloke to be in charge at spuds.........marriage made in heaven  :whistling:

Edited by petermik

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

For 60 minutes you were on for a win there against Chelsea reserve side and then he sent 3 top players on and turned it around.
Bbc tv had Luis as MOM - so did I. Bbc website had Matic (huh!) as MOM. Who did you Spurs fans reckon?

For spurs thought dembele was absolutly awesome And eriksons passing and x's were scarily predictively  accurate he can see where others are gonna move b4 they do,,

Alfredo "You should read up on it, makes interesting reading, i'll try and find you the link".

Please do, I have an interest in stadiums.

Alfredo "No second hand athletics stadium for us old boy !"
You do realise that the Etihad was designed as an football stadium don't you? It couldn't be built for the Olympics or Commonwealth Games without a tenant to take over it to stop it being a white elephant. City agreed and Arups designed it for a one-off Commonwealth Games but with a permanent football stadium in mind - the lowest of the 3 tiers you see of the Etihad were constructed, filled in up to 2nd tier level, excavated after the Games and the rest of our football stadium was finished off. Have a read...interesting stuff
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Manchester_Stadium

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfredo "You should read up on it, makes interesting reading, i'll try and find you the link".

Please do, I have an interest in stadiums.

Alfredo "No second hand athletics stadium for us old boy !"
You do realise that the Etihad was designed as an football stadium don't you? It couldn't be built for the Olympics or Commonwealth Games without a tenant to take over it to stop it being a white elephant. City agreed and Arups designed it for a one-off Commonwealth Games but with a permanent football stadium in mind - the lowest of the 3 tiers you see of the Etihad were constructed, filled in up to 2nd tier level, excavated after the Games and the rest of our football stadium was finished off. Have a read...interesting stuff
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Manchester_Stadium

The stadium, originally proposed as an athletics arena in Manchester's bid for the 2000 Summer Olympics,[9] was converted after the 2002 Commonwealth Games from a 38,000 capacity arena to a 48,000 seat football stadium at a cost to the city council of £22 million and to Manchester City of £20 million

Athletics stadium unless my eyes are deceiving me :biggrin:

Image result for picture of manchester stadium for commonwealth games

Edited by alfieconn

11 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You really must try harder Peter.

If I,m mistaken Ronnie about Chelsea and Arsenal being Londons top two clubs please enlighten me on who has won more premiership honours than these :wai:

13 hours ago, petermik said:

If I,m mistaken Ronnie about Chelsea and Arsenal being Londons top two clubs please enlighten me on who has won more premiership honours than these :wai:

What a surprise, still harping on about the past!!

Kyle Walker's 26yo so getting on a bit.  Maybe its time to flog him to City for huge amounts of cash?  And of course they'll treble the lads wages...lol

Thing is, despite not being as quick, Trippier is a better defender and a far better crosser of the ball.

We also have the youngster Walker-Peters coming through the academy and he's nearly ready.  Thoughts?

We know they'll pay stupid money and he's borderline second choice anyway.

Edited by carmine

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Kyle Walker's 26yo so getting on a bit.  Maybe its time to flog him to City for huge amounts of cash?  And of course they'll treble the lads wages...lol

Eh? Can't see him being a Pep style of player. Have you heard a rumour?

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Eh? Can't see him being a Pep style of player. Have you heard a rumour?

Yes he's been linked to City, United and Bayern.  

For us to get top dollar it would be a good time to sell.  Apparently wasn't happy being dropped for the semi but who knows maybe just paper talk.

Why do you not see him as a Pep style player out of interest?  And he has had a very good season i'm sure you'll agree.

5 minutes ago, champers said:

Kimmich is Lahm's replacement at Bayern Munich. I would be interested to know Walker's contract status at Spurs. Players' agents are often the source of rumours.

He signed a new contract within the last year

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carmine said:

Thing is, despite not being as quick, Trippier is a better defender and a far better crosser of the ball.

We also have the youngster Walker-Peters coming through the academy and he's nearly ready.  Thoughts?

We know they'll pay stupid money and he's borderline second choice anyway.

Would be a huge mistake to sell any of our first team players to a rival top six team.

So far under Poch we've progressed year on year, and the main reason for that is because 

he's kept all the first team players together (especially the first choice back 4) best defence 

record for 2 seasons running.

Our biggest problem is that we need to add quality to what we already have because we're

too dependant on the 12-13 first choice players, if we are to seriously compete for any major

honours we need 16-17 who can share the load across a season competing on all fronts.

All our rivals already have better quality in depth squads, so we would be shooting ourselves

in the foot, on the contrary we need to catch up with the likes of our rivals squads not enhance

them.  

Also 26yrs is not old, players reach their peak performance in body at 28yrs,

then slowly decline, so maybe we should sell him in 3 years time.:smile:

Edited by sotsira
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Yes he's been linked to City, United and Bayern.  

For us to get top dollar it would be a good time to sell.  Apparently wasn't happy being dropped for the semi but who knows maybe just paper talk.

Why do you not see him as a Pep style player out of interest?  And he has had a very good season i'm sure you'll agree.

Yeah he's had a good season but I would think Pep would try and land the likes of Bonucci and I believe he's interested in Monaco Benjamin Mendy before he'd go for Walker. Just IMO of course

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah he's had a good season but I would think Pep would try and land the likes of Bonucci and I believe he's interested in Monaco Benjamin Mendy before he'd go for Walker. Just IMO of course

And of course the silly season has started.......;

On 04/23/2017 at 6:50 AM, petermik said:

Bladdy hell............Tottenhams defeat yesterday created a record they have now lost SEVEN consecutive FA Cup semi finals......hells bells :ermm:

And 45 year old Argentine manager Pochettino has never won a trophy in his managerial career.......seems the idea bloke to be in charge at spuds.........marriage made in heaven  :whistling:

BE quite amuzing if jose buys keane he'll have to pay, what 50 mil that

Said exactly the same thing in an earlier post,good time to offload walker, we will miss his pace and power but when needed that imo is  replacable and trippier is by far the better footballer and think we  ought to out rose as well both he and walker arnt that good at defending and replacing them will hopefully tighten up our already mean defence. I was hoping shaw would carry on falling out with murry, but unfortunatly his name and shame seems to b taking effect at utd with the young underperformers. Oh and ide seriousely consider being in the market for keen from burnley , defensively he'd be an upgrade on verity.

28 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Said exactly the same thing in an earlier post,good time to offload walker, we will miss his pace and power but when needed that imo is  replacable and trippier is by far the better footballer and think we  ought to out rose as well both he and walker arnt that good at defending and replacing them will hopefully tighten up our already mean defence. I was hoping shaw would carry on falling out with murry, but unfortunatly his name and shame seems to b taking effect at utd with the young underperformers. Oh and ide seriousely consider being in the market for keen from burnley , defensively he'd be an upgrade on verity.

So out of our 4 main defenders you don't rate 3 of them ! crikey Alderweireld must be a lot  better than we all think taking into consideration we've got the best defensive record in the League.

In case you hadn't noticed Keane is right footed so he wouldn't be an upgrade on Vert's who is left footed, incidently we already have 3 right footed  centre halfs so unless we're going to play 3 at the back more often i think that's a no no on that one,  not that we would pay what Burnley would be asking anyway !

Edited by alfieconn