Tottenham Thread

chonabot

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

But that's exactly how we play......all the time. If anything, we should be accused of playing too free and not shutting up shop when needed. We haven't played defensively against anybody this season, home or away

But at times its so disjointed its atrocious.

I agree when you are firing it works but all to often against quality opposition your midfield goes missing.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Not about them leaving us alone.

Our lads need to prove themselves and are all on long term deals I believe bar one who has yet to agree and as that is Toby I hope it happens quickly.

The players are clearly enjoying their football and can smell the trophies we are getting so close.

Oh it is going to happen, of that I have no doubt at all.

Regards selling no one needs to, not the club and not the players needing to move to a bigger club.

They are already at one of the two biggest clubs in the Premiership.

I do believe arsenal fans have experienced something similar. Lovely footy but could not cross the line for a number of years. I think a lot of football fans wanna see THFC reap the rewards in all honesty but too much a cup or two but after that get back to imploding please.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I do believe arsenal fans have experienced something similar. Lovely footy but could not cross the line for a number of years. I think a lot of football fans wanna see THFC reap the rewards in all honesty but too much a cup or two but after that get back to imploding please.

Every team impodes eventually.

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ronnie, don't think anybody else noticed and I think you may have got away with it ("They are already at one of the two biggest clubs in the Premiership.")...

That's the truth now unpalatable as it may seem to you.

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The other team of the two would be City then, right.

Best supported club in London BB and soon with a stadium to match.

City have money only really, that's a considerable distance from what I'm talking about.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

City have money only really, that's a considerable distance from what I'm talking about.

Eh ? Every time we have increased our capacity at the Etihad, we have filled it. I can't wait for someone to argue that point as I have my ammunition at the ready. We too had a 32,000 capacity stadium when we were at Maine Road and since moving to the Etihad it has increased capacity twice with plans to increase again. You don't do that if you ain't getting the gate receipts and selling merchandise etc. 

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Eh ? Every time we have increased our capacity at the Etihad, we have filled it. I can't wait for someone to argue that point as I have my ammunition at the ready. We too had a 32,000 capacity stadium when we were at Maine Road and since moving to the Etihad it has increased capacity twice with plans to increase again. You don't do that if you ain't getting the gate receipts and selling merchandise etc. 

That's a lot of halal hotdogs for sure

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Fair play tough match that. Decent boss by all accounts this hull manager juststepped right in and got on with it.

We were happy as it is the first time we've been back to the UK and managed to get to see a match in 2 years. Either closed season, international break or playing away.

• Like 1

Can't believe theres even the slightest modicum of surprise in the media that the club didn't invite that treacherous turd to the final game at WHL.

And the vile Skye Andrew throwing his two setang in, in defense of Campbell just makes it worse.  Clearly, the epitome of a  scumbag agent has no understanding of there being a right way and a wrong way of leaving a club, especially when you cam through the youth system.

12 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Strange that your attendances shot up dramatically when you moved to the new stadium, makes you wonder where they all came from :shock1: 

7 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Strange that your attendances shot up dramatically when you moved to the new stadium, makes you wonder where they all came from :shock1: 

What's so strange Alfie? Are you going to fill up your new stadium with it's extra capacity?

Only just noticed on my post that I said Maine Road had 32,000 capacity. Don't know why I put that as it was 35,000

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

What's so strange Alfie? Are you going to fill up your new stadium with it's extra capacity?

Only just noticed on my post that I said Maine Road had 32,000 capacity. Don't know why I put that as it was 35,000

That's my point, over the previous 20 years to moving in the new stadium they never filled up the Old Stadium so hence i queried the big jump in attendance !

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

That's my point, over the previous 20 years to moving in the new stadium they never filled up the Old Stadium so hence i queried the big jump in attendance !

I'd point to a global fan base. Something THFC blatantly lack.

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd like to see some figures pre 2008.

I'd say they would be much less of a GFB pre 2008 but it's 2017 now Ron so don't dwell in the past too much.

23 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd say they would be much less of a GFB pre 2008 but it's 2017 now Ron so don't dwell in the past too much.

I have a feeling our 'global fanbase' will rise over the next few years while another London side wanes.

Those fickle foreigners eh? :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd point to a global fan base. Something THFC blatantly lack.

So all  their fans from across the globe suddenly started attending the new stadium, well thank you Mr Thicko :cheesy::cheesy:

So from the Link you posted

Global Clubs
Fundamentally, there are 15 clubs which I would call "global". 

• England (6). Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham.

Edited by alfieconn

56 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Now I know you are trolling.

City have always had one of the highest % capacity attendances in the league. Even when we had a double releagation and went down to the old 3rd Division, we had an average attendance of 28,000. This was prior to the expansion when the capacity was 32,000