Tottenham Thread

chonabot

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Nothing like the team which thrashed Madrid.

No intensity or clinical threat in the final third....utterly disappointing.

The sub needed was Sissoko off who was poor to dreadful and Winks on...that he took off Dembele tells its own story as did the other two subs...players not fit shouldn't be starting imho.

I groan overtime Sissoko starts.  It immediately tells the opposition we are weakened.

Dembele constant injury issues have begun to hinder us and we need cover there.  Winks is a different player, very good but not direct cover.

Overall it is summed up well enough just saying "piss poor performance"

18 minutes ago, carmine said:

I groan overtime Sissoko starts.  It immediately tells the opposition we are weakened.

Dembele constant injury issues have begun to hinder us and we need cover there.  Winks is a different player, very good but not direct cover.

Its not enough though.

Winks is the future alongside Wanyama for now unless we shell out somewhere.

Why didn't he start today?

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its not enough though.

Because Dembele on form is a greater attacking weapon.  And theres really something not right about Wanyama still not being fit to play.....

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Actually its you thats the prize plum mate.  Save you stupid wind ups for somewhere else or share with creepy Peter and E/S.  Thats your level.  We'll address anything football related on here, win or lose but not your adolescent banal rubbish.  

I doubt you are a Liverpool fan either as you rarely post on that thread, but more like a United fan thats changed his name to come on here and troll.....very badly at that!  

Little R2D2, bless!:smile:

Don't give him ideas Carms.....we already have your boy OSA cluttering our thread with his bloody predictions!:sad:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Don't give him ideas Carms.....we already have your boy OSA cluttering our thread with his bloody predictions!:sad:

Did you watch our game?  The usual suspects will be on here accusing us of blaming the ref so i'll reiterate......

Today was a prime example of officials not calling two offsides yet who really cares because regardless, we deserved nothing from it.  Point is, ok to blame the officials if you've been robbed but not if you genuinely played poorly and served to lose.  Thats most disappointing!!

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

Did you watch our game?  The usual suspects will be on here accusing us of blaming the ref so i'll reiterate......

Today was a prime example of officials not calling two offsides yet who really cares because regardless, we deserved nothing from it.  Point is, ok to blame the officials if you've been robbed but not if you genuinely played poorly and served to lose.  Thats most disappointing!!

Yeah and I totally agree. Your midfield including Deli didn't compete and Davies was very poor v Ozil. Lack of commitment all round except for Sanchez. Interesting that Wenger glossed over the debatable decisions....unlike the other week!

oh....and Harry Kane is single handedly ruining my FPL season!:saai:

Edited by wilai

9 minutes ago, wilai said:

Yeah and I totally agree. Your midfield including Deli didn't compete and Davies was very poor v Ozil. Lack of commitment all round except for Sanchez. Interesting that Wenger glossed over the debatable decisions....unlike the other week!

oh....and Harry Kane is single handedly ruining my FPL season!:saai:

Dele's been reading his own press and i believe his minds set on an exit.  Jorge Mendes in the picture now adds fuel to this.  Can't say i'm all that bothered tbh.  He has to understand that in order to get a transfer on the best terms he has to play at the top of his game. Aside of a couple of notable matches he's been very underwhelming all season.  He's nothing like the players Bale and Modric were when they went to Madrid, both top class week in week out.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Sunday morning conspiracy theory .

Rose not happy refused to be on bench.

Reason for  delayed announcing of team (never been known before)

A shame as we missed his attacking play, especially as Davies had a mare.

If Davies had his normal solid performance i was completely happy for him starting.  But, Poch was very prickly when asked about Rose and Rose's ego is quite capable of such a refusal.  And after the minutes already under his belt since his return suggesting not up to the fitness level seems a bit lame doesn't it.

Maybe there nothing in it and he and Aurier start on tuesday against Dortmund.  But, not starting a NLD strongly suggests you are no2 in the pecking order and he really won't like that

2 hours ago, carmine said:

45 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Sunday morning conspiracy theory .

neither !!!  just another Bottle    and  over recent  seasons  the line is as long  as one can see :smile:

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Nothing like the team which thrashed Madrid.

No intensity or clinical threat in the final third....utterly disappointing.

The sub needed was Sissoko off who was poor to dreadful and Winks on...that he took off Dembele tells its own story as did the other two subs...players not fit shouldn't be starting imho.

Watching Sissoko is painful. Strength and pace but absolutely nothing else. He's a major liability in the final third. Pochy must think Sissoko is helpful with the counterattack strategy, otherwise why is he on the pitch ?

2 hours ago, carmine said:

Dele's been reading his own press and i believe his minds set on an exit.  Jorge Mendes in the picture now adds fuel to this.  Can't say i'm all that bothered tbh.  He has to understand that in order to get a transfer on the best terms he has to play at the top of his game. Aside of a couple of notable matches he's been very underwhelming all season.  He's nothing like the players Bale and Modric were when they went to Madrid, both top class week in week out.

Alli still with the "I'm a magician on the ball" routine. Frustrating to watch a talented footballer be consumed with "sleight of boot" shows.

A real shame that SuperSpurs (SS) couldn't get one over the Gunners. Well, that's life I guess. Euphoria after Liverpool and R Md but critical over the team yesterday. Got to take the rough with the smooth sometimes.

As for doing better against the top teams; well the stats are there to be examined and scrutinised. This year it's all about getting second to one of the best teams for a while; a team who could beat the record points (Chelski) the greatest winning margin (Man U), most goals (Chelski) and going the season undefeated. Getting a second this season would be fantastic.

There are a couple of players out there that I'd like to see in the SS's team; Ramsey (swap for Alli), Loftus-cheek (would Chelski let him go to SS) and the Liverpool defender Andrew Robertson. Danny Rose is upsetting some TVForum members, so ship him out (swap for Robertson).

I did say that Arsenal might have the edge; sorry!! Can't let loyalities and sentiment get in the way of forecasting guys.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its not enough though.

Because you were not playing today, you ever hear the last orders bell?

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Actually its you thats the prize plum mate.  Save you stupid wind ups for somewhere else or share with creepy Peter and E/S.  Thats your level.  We'll address anything football related on here, win or lose but not your adolescent banal rubbish.  

I doubt you are a Liverpool fan either as you rarely post on that thread, but more like a United fan thats changed his name to come on here and troll.....very badly at that!  

Little R2D2, bless!:smile:

Your conspiracy theories need some toilet roll and a flush. Your men were outplayed and off the pace and as you say you got what you deserved. Sweet FA. 

Alli, whilst not shining on top form has still managed 7/13 games. 

The top 6 stats, again you are right, not performing against the top is now becoming a bit of an achilles.

Aspirations - all players signing for the spuds are aspiring to play for bigger clubs. Game time and peanuts for pay in the hope it will pay off and get them a move elsewhere.

So all going to plan for the players. 

Poch. Should set his sights on 1 cup and get gone. 

Fans. 1 cup and you'll be toasting to that for another 10 years.

Your the little north London club and you ain't got the fan passion required to go anywhere else. 

Suck it up.

Probably worth mentioning a positive amongst the negatives of yesterday, that being the performance of Dave Sanchez.  What a buy he's turning out to be.  Outstanding and is going to form a really dominant defensive line for us.  At 21yo he's already showing great maturity especially in a different league.  Shame thats the only positive but hey ho!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Because you were not playing today, you ever hear the last orders bell?

I would have thought after your Sanchez cockup last night you'd be having a quiet lao khao day.

Since it concerns ya nothing to worry about r2d2 I'm enjoying a mug of tea and a biscuit before I go for my daily 3km swim. :smile:

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Probably worth mentioning a positive amongst the negatives of yesterday, that being the performance of Dave Sanchez.  What a buy he's turning out to be.  Outstanding and is going to form a really dominant defensive line for us.  At 21yo he's already showing great maturity especially in a different league.  Shame thats the only positive but hey ho!!!

Do you have me on iggy as well lol?

Think I might have mentioned that....such a terrific performance yesterday.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

Quality buy that kid. Comfortable on the ball and in the air. Confident and his infrequent mistakes don't seem to faze him at all.

• Like 2

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

I would have thought after your Sanchez cockup last night you'd be having a quiet lao khao day.

Since it concerns ya nothing to worry about r2d2 I'm enjoying a mug of tea and a biscuit before I go for my daily 3km swim. :smile:

Stick your status updates to Facebook.  What are you some fat geezer on a health drive that you need to tell all and sundry on your daily fitness routine. I know a lad like that. Did you forget about your flight to Germany then. Pure BS.

16 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Stick your status updates to Facebook.  What are you some fat geezer on a health drive that you need to tell all and sundry on your daily fitness routine. I know a lad like that. Did you forget about your flight to Germany then. Pure BS.

Got yer knickers in even more of a twist today eh?

Funny how ya never reply when ya shown to be an utter womble.

19 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Keep spinning lad you may start believing but the bottom line is you are well and truly a BS Artist and an awful one at that. Aufwiedersehn pet. 

Classic lines from the forum troll.

Unfortunately for you 99.9% of what I post is bona fide.

I've always hated German food anyway.