Tottenham Thread

chonabot

28 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I always thought evenstevens lived in Ozz. But now I think he does not.

In carpentry, or timber lingo, in UK and most of Europe a 4x2 piece of wood is called a four by two. In Australia the same piece of wood is refered to as a two by four. Same as the cricket; we say 155 for 6. Down under they say 6 for 155. Just a different way of thinking. Perhaps it is because they are up-side-down when the English are standing upright.

As for evenstevens; he told me to "get lost" a couple of months ago (not realising I've been lost for years) now I'm getting likes from him. As Mr Bassett said; it takes all-sorts to fill a box.

Probably be better to set up a separate thread for him if you want to discuss because none of us are interested in the idiot.  You've read the comments over the past couple of pages so you must be aware what an enormous tosser we all think he is.

Edited by carmine

41 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I always thought evenstevens lived in Ozz. But now I think he does not.

In carpentry, or timber lingo, in UK and most of Europe a 4x2 piece of wood is called a four by two. In Australia the same piece of wood is refered to as a two by four. Same as the cricket; we say 155 for 6. Down under they say 6 for 155. Just a different way of thinking. Perhaps it is because they are up-side-down when the English are standing upright.

As for evenstevens; he told me to "get lost" a couple of months ago (not realising I've been lost for years) now I'm getting likes from him. As Mr Bassett said; it takes all-sorts to fill a box.

Evenstevens oringinaly from the uk, emigrated to Oz, was a pro jockey and is now retired in Thailand....I’m guessing?

• Like 1

Carmine, there you go again with the insults again. Owlnand i are offering decent advice here. If you don't like a poster I suggest you put them on ignore or be the 'bigger man' and refrain from the personal attacks on posters..it's a football forum, let's keep it that way. My personal opinion is Even Stevens is no more of an "enormous tosser" than anyone else on here yourself included.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine, there you go again with the insults again. Owlnand i are offering decent advice here. If you don't like a poster I suggest you put them on ignore or be the 'bigger man' and refrain from the personal attacks on posters..it's a football forum, let's keep it that way. My personal opinion is Even Stevens is no more of an "enormous tosser" than anyone else on here yourself included.

"Decent advice" is of course your opinion, and either way best posted on the City thread.

Anything to say regards football or Spurs?

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Ronnie; he is not asking you to 'fluff off' he is really saying 'f-ck- off'. Don't take any notice.

This has been a discussion area for anything football related for a good number of years and we have had plenty of heated arguments.

Fluffy is an amateur antagonist who bores the fluff out of us and should just stick to chatting anywhere but on our thread.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, balo said:

We really need 3 points against Stoke, I am a bit worried we'll struggle again.

Yes me too.  Get an early goal and i think we'll fly away with it.  Concede early as we've been doing compounds the issue and we'll be left with a replica of the West From game.  

Should he and will he start with Dele All is a big question?  Or choose an attacking three of Eriksen, Son and Lamela.  

• Like 1

Ross Barkley starting to look nailed on in january.  Dembele's probably my favorite player but we just can't rely on his fitness anymore.

With the Alderweirald injury and added pressure on Vertonghen do we take our option to recall Carter-Vickers?  

Both questions for this january.

14 minutes ago, wilai said:

^ Alderweirald's injury not as severe as reported apparently. 

Don't want to scare off any potential suitors do they!!! That press release came but days after he said it was really bad so who knows whats really going on.

1 hour ago, wilai said:

^ Alderweirald's injury not as severe as reported apparently. 

He was always due back at the end of Dec beginning of Jan, just that the press wanted to make more of it that it was !   

Edited by alfieconn

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just mocking the incrowd.

Let's stick to football and frankly Barkley is the best we or most teams could hope for in January.

There will be very little movement anywhere much as previous seasons.

Wanyama needs to be back asap.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Just mocking the incrowd.

Championing a troll to try and stir up another hornets nest ain't that bright.  Why don't you try and stick to football and stop trying to cause more hassle.  And don't say you're not because you blatantly are.  And don't tell me to lighten up either, just stop shitstirring

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Let's stick to football and frankly Barkley is the best we or most teams could hope for in January.

There will be very little movement anywhere much as previous seasons.

I'm in touch with an Everton season ticket holder and he informs me that Barkley is NOT the real deal. Bad decision maker on the ball; poor distributor and goes missing.

Spurs can, and must, do better than Barkley.

I tend to agree that the window will be quiet.

Edited by owl sees all

46 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I'm in touch with an Everton season ticket holder and he informs me that Barkley is NOT the real deal. Bad decision maker on the ball; poor distributor and goes missing.

It will be him or no one in the window.

I personally agree and prefer no one.

Barkley doesn't offer anything we haven't got...but then I've been spectacularly wrong before in wanting to sell Bale in the window before he became fantastic lol.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Barkley doesn't offer anything we haven't got...but then I've been spectacularly wrong before in wanting to sell Bale in the window before he became fantastic lol.

When Bale first made the breakthrough, I think at left back, he was always messing with his hair. The cameras caught him a few times adjusting his hair clips. He graduated onto elastic bands and that seemed to chang of his focus from hair to footy. Then came the head-band. The rest is history!

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

To be fair the Chavs tried to buy him in the last transfer window so Conte and Poch must see something in him !

Carmine, You get in to a tiff with another poster apparently that's football. When I offer comment...that's not football. It's also apparently ok for you to flit around the forums offering your pearls but not for others to join in other forums.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

20 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair the Chavs tried to buy him in the last transfer window so Conte and Poch must see something in him !

Barclay has had decent games in the past. Also played 20 times for England so he has some good history behind him. He is just mid-twenties so he has bags of time to develop. And not without potential (or at least he had some once) but this is Spurs we are talking about not some mid-table club looking to avoid relegation each year.

The EPL is the footy showpiece to the world. Spurs should be out there finding young players that are hungry for the game, glory and of course the money.

11 minutes ago, balo said:

Amazing game and fun to watch at times.

Now I want a draw in Manchester and same in Liverpool and suddenly we're not that far behind the top. :thumbsup:

I hear ya Balo but all we need to do is keep playing well and we'll be fine.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine, You get in to a tiff with another poster apparently that's football. When I offer comment...that's not football. It's also apparently ok for you to flit around the forums offering your pearls but not for others to join in other forums.

You are far better company and good fun when offering insights of the wisdom of thick pundits, atleast you make us laugh but when you try and shitstir.   You're just no good at it.  And defending the posts of a long time troll is juvenile in the extreme.

But in all honesty, can't you just <deleted> off and shit stir on another thread because you might have gathered by now were not interested because we'd rather discuss our team as opposed to listening to your pearls of wisdom.

Surely there must be another troll , somewhere else you can champion and create your desired hornets next?  Its a fair question, which doesn't need an answer, just act on it, please, and stop being a knob.

Edited by carmine

13 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Barclay has had decent games in the past. Also played 20 times for England so he has some good history behind him. He is just mid-twenties so he has bags of time to develop. And not without potential (or at least he had some once) but this is Spurs we are talking about not some mid-table club looking to avoid relegation each year.

The EPL is the footy showpiece to the world. Spurs should be out there finding young players that are hungry for the game, glory and of course the money.

I think you need to hold back on this judgement of Barkley.  Evertonians won't be complimentary because they understandably feel miffed he's rejected their club.  But, the fact is that Poch and Conte both see something in him so maybe, for the time being the jury should stay out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, carmine said:

You are far better company and good fun when offering insights of the wisdom of thick pundits, atleast you make us laugh but when you try and shitstir.   You're just no good at it.  And defending the posts of a long time troll is juvenile in the extreme.

But in all honesty, can't you just <deleted> off and shit stir on another thread because you might have gathered by now were not interested because we'd rather discuss our team as opposed to listening to your pearls of wisdom.

do you ever close your trap, same shit comes out such as above, on a regurlar basis ,do all of us a favour, and fluff off TROLL