Tottenham Thread

chonabot

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

Laughable isn't it.  And theres BB bless him thinking he can score points on this.  Couldn't make it up.

In fairness. Mangala is a total donkey and an absolute waste of the huge fee we paid. Every Club make mistakes sometimes and buy a duffer. Buying him was a mammoth error by Manuel Pellegrini.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

In fairness. Mangala is a total donkey and an absolute waste of the huge fee we paid. Every Club make mistakes sometimes and buy a duffer. Buying him was a mammoth error by Manuel Pellegrini.

I wouldn't  worry too much, no doubt your spend 70m on Van Dyke in Jan, not that your trying to buy the title of course :biggrin:

9 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I wouldn't  worry too much, no doubt your spend 70m on Van Dyke in Jan, not that your trying to buy the title of course :biggrin:

They've bought the title already but to fair they've played lovely football.  Its just so funny though hearing talk of them needing to strengthen yet further.  

Although i am quite enjoying the financial juggonauts of City, PSG no longer letting Real Madrid out spend everyone.  

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

If we had Pep we'd be bankrupt.

Pep wouldn't have even considered us.  We were too weak a side three and a half years ago and little money to spend.  No chance he'd have taken us on.  Chose a treble winning side and the richest club in Germany instead.  Mind you, can't say i blame him, and, rumor has it he was on 19m euros a year salary.  

2 hours ago, carmine said:

My word, such humility in victory!!  

I do love it when you bark on about your 3rd and 4th choice players when you have assembled one of the most expensive squads in the history of the football league.

At the end of the day,  you're a mid table club that won the lottery and sadly you can't even be bothered to either show any humility or acknowledge the trappings of your new found oil riches.  

Explain this humility in defeat thing for me will you. It seems that if a posters team wins he has to keep quiet and not offer an opinion - or does the poster have to 'tread on eggshells'. You lot , and i mean the Spurs fans in particular, give us the most shit on this forum and we apparently have to not voice an opinion. Right.

With regards my comments on our CBs it is a fact that they ARE our 3rd and 4th with Mangala not wanted but we couldn't get shot of him to Palace.

"you can't even be bothered to either show any humility or acknowledge the trappings of your new found oil riches." - how exactly would you like me to do that then Carmine? Like every City fan i am immensely grateful to Sheik Mansour for putting us at the top table. 

Now we've got that offer did you actually disagree with my opinion on Spurs or not? If you did, why? Stop your constant whinging about money and comment on football. AND STOP BEING SO DEFENSIVE WILL YA, IF I SAID BLACK YOU'D THINK I WAS SAYING WHITE. Not every comment about Spurs is a negative you know.

3 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Explain this humility in defeat thing for me will you. It seems that if a posters team wins he has to keep quiet and not offer an opinion - or does the poster have to 'tread on eggshells'. You lot , and i mean the Spurs fans in particular, give us the most shit on this forum and we apparently have to not voice an opinion. Right.

With regards my comments on our CBs it is a fact that they ARE our 3rd and 4th with Mangala not wanted but we couldn't get shot of him to Palace.

"you can't even be bothered to either show any humility or acknowledge the trappings of your new found oil riches." - how exactly would you like me to do that then Carmine? Like every City fan i am immensely grateful to Sheik Mansour for putting us at the top table. 

Now we've got that offer did you actually disagree with my opinion on Spurs or not? If you did, why? Stop your constant whinging about money and comment on football. AND STOP BEING SO DEFENSIVE WILL YA, IF I SAID BLACK YOU'D THINK I WAS SAYING WHITE. Not every comment about Spurs is a negative you know.

It was "humility in victory" mate, not defeat.  

Don't mind opinions at all, everyones is welcome (well, nearly everyone) as is yours, but when you try and score points with a woe is us fielding 70m worth of center back cover i'm going to say the very obvious which is stop talking crap.  

16 minutes ago, carmine said:

It was "humility in victory" mate, not defeat.  

Don't mind opinions at all, everyones is welcome (well, nearly everyone) as is yours, but when you try and score points with a woe is us fielding 70m worth of center back cover i'm going to say the very obvious which is stop talking crap.  

Thanks for correcting me.

One thing Carmine. You and i as fans of rival teams are rarely going to agree on things BUT PLEASE STOP reading everything i post negatively, defensively and as an attack on Spurs. It should be obvious when i'm having a bit of fun and a dig in the occasional post,  but i don't do that in every bloody post you know as i'm way too serious about football. OK?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Thanks for correcting me.

One thing Carmine. You and i as fans of rival teams are rarely going to agree on things BUT PLEASE STOP reading everything i post negatively, defensively and as an attack on Spurs. It should be obvious when i'm having a bit of fun and a dig in the occasional,  but i don't do that in every bloody post you know i'm way too serious about football. OK?

I didn't think i did,  although what i would say is it really doesn't help your cause when you defend the unpleasant and pig ignorant posts from the halfwit down under.   

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I happen to think you and others are being unpleasant to him and he is responding. .too be honest it doesn't matter who started it but the hounding of a member or being unpleasant isn't right.

When he ceases fluffing at me I'll find him a new nickname.

The whole gang thing is hilarious as well...be sure that when I meet up with carms this forum is waaaaay down the conversation list if even mentioned at all bar a laugh.

22 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I happen to think you and others are being unpleasant to him and he is responding. .too be honest it doesn't matter who started it but the hounding of a member or being unpleasant isn't right.

He continues to make thoroughly unpleasant slurs regards our chairman and i fail to understand why you would view his remarks as harmless.  They just cross a line.  Other than that he never comes on to discuss football on this thread, never has done and doubtless never will do. He brings it all upon himself.   So, if you feel so moved to be his guardian angel kindly do it somewhere else, and whilst you are going about it you also might remind him that his clubs chairman is a Russian jew.

• Like 1

A statement that offends one doesn't necessarily offend another. I believe you are referring to Even Stephen calling your chairman a "4x2". It's a football forum so is that really so offensive that unpleasantness ensues? I've said often that if a poster irritates put them on ignore. I have your spurs buddy and a ManU fan on ignore because I don't rate their comments and a Liverpool poster; it works for me and I recommend it to others.

Maybe everybody can quit the unpleasantness and just talk football. .idea?

56 minutes ago, carmine said:

He continues to make thoroughly unpleasant slurs regards our chairman and i fail to understand why you would view his remarks as harmless.  They just cross a line.  Other than that he never comes on to discuss football on this thread, never has done and doubtless never will do. He brings it all upon himself.   So, if you feel so moved to be his guardian angel kindly do it somewhere else, and whilst you are going about it you also might remind him that his clubs chairman is a Russian jew.

I must say that use of the term 4x2 is a step over the line for me as well. I didn't feel I was part of a concerted gang effort when I told ES so and reminded him that Chelsea's owner was also Jewish. It is akin to calling black players grave diggers or such like and should not be considered as banter. I await his fluff off retort.

• Like 2

A game i thought would be very tough turns out very simple.  Sanchez outstanding at the back, Dele had a good game at last and Kane another hat trick.

Big question for me is; Why isn't he starting Lamela?  He's looked really sharp every time he's come on, he's fully match fit......Sissoko is a useless waste of space in terms of playing for a side with top four aspirations.  

With the title decided its shaping up to be a titanic battle for the three other slots.

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Can't help but see the utter stipifity of scheduling the Wet Spam game the way they did and now moving it to 48 hrs after our game on 2nd Jan.

Evening kick off at a full house Wembley has all the flags for lots of trouble....insane.

Correct.  Its going to be a war zone.  Nice one Sky.

1 hour ago, balo said:

Good game , now only 1 point behind Liverpool and top 4 . Southampton , Swansea and West Ham coming up next  , if we can get another 9 points we're back where we belong. 

Yes all three winnable.  However, whilst not wanting to pick holes in a 3-0 away win, i still think our finishing is poor.  Were missing too many chances, it should have been 6-0.  Yet with 20 minutes to go they were still in the game which was criminal of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Correct.  Its going to be a war zone.  Nice one Sky.

Ironically it was moved for safety reasons by the Premier League......Spurs would only have been allowed a 43,000 capacity on NYE owing to Police/Transport resources being utilised elsewhere on that day.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2560 at 10:49 AM, carmine said:

I didn't think i did,  although what i would say is it really doesn't help your cause when you defend the unpleasant and pig ignorant posts from the halfwit down under.   

still trolling^^^^ you are a worry