Tottenham Thread

chonabot

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Rightly so with most of our squad on less that £100k a week.

Anyone remember when Chelsea signed Willian from under our noses?  Don't know whether it was the way they did or the sneering gloating Mourinho that annoyed me more!!

6 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Can't see them bringing anyone in this month carms.

Neither can i and i'm sick of this deadline day <deleted> anyway.  Late negotiations like that can't be helpful to the manager.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Can't see them bringing anyone in this month carms.

This since any Jan deals will be overpriced.

No way Levy will do a deal like that unless the player would signicicantly improve the team and those players are very few and far between.

22 hours ago, carmine said:

You probably haven't heard Levy stating that come the summer when the new revenues begin withe the new stadium he's going to adjust our entire wage structure.  He's talking about major increases to give us parity with the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal.

The Troll is absoulately in Disneyland, but keep them coming, ,you are leading the Drongo poster of the year comp, Giddy up

btw

my bannana,s need more colour,to mornings were underdone ,many thks in advance

So we didn't even try to sign Barkley, because Pochettino felt there were "better players to be signed in the summer."

However, with the questions being officially raised by the Mayor of Liverpool there is a strong suggestion of inappropriate dealings involving player, agent and the chavs.  Surely not!!

I wonder what Evertonians think of Barkley doing a U turn in august before leaving to the same club in january and costing their club 20m in the process?!!  Spitting blood perhaps?

Our first bit of transfer business in this window.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42617714

Hopefully we might bring in at least one midfielder for extra cover but i'm not 

holding my breath.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2018/01/09/tottenham-target-asks-to-leave-current-club-will-he-join-spurs-this-month/

Edited by sotsira

50 minutes ago, wilai said:

Talented young player...thought it wouldn't be long before he was back in the top flight.

mXmuxvLk?format=jpg&name=600x314

Your bang on, was looking forward to him being in the first team squad for last season,  mind you 12-14m seems a bit cheap taking into account the rise in transfer fee's and the fact we got 8m for him.

• Like 1

Well done Harry Kane.

"The 24-year-old is yet to win any trophies but has already secured his place in the club's record books by overtaking Sheringham, whose goals came during two spells - from 1992-1997 and 2001-2003. Kane's goals have come in only 135 (Premier) games, while Sheringham took 237.But, while he now holds the club's Premier League record, he has a long way to go to overtake Spurs' all-time top goalscorer Jimmy Greaves, who netted 266 times in 379 matches, including 220 league goals..."

Kane - 127 in 193 games, and no trophies with Spurs.
The *amazing Jimmy Greaves - 266 goals in 379 games, and 2 FA Cups & 1 European Cup Winners Cup with Spurs

*Greavsie scored during every major debut in his career. He scored two goals on his "Hammers" debut on 21 March 1970, in a 5–1 win against Manchester City at Maine Road. I was a kid in the Kippax (in WHU's half) and have always remembered Ronnie Boyce's volleyed goal from Joe Corrigan's clearance but until I just looked at this youtube clip I'd always thought Boyce volleyed it in from his own half - check out that goal and Greavsie's 2 goals (check out the 70s pitch)

https://youtu.be/tKHmqvJLnF4

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Good around display although our second goal looked offside to me.  Son MOM in most peoples eyes.  He really is such an asset to us, a player that can change a game, add that extra spark.  Moussa Dembele in total control through the match and Hugo Lloris with absolutely nothing to do.  Mind you i feel far more comfortable with Wanyama alongside Dembele than Dier.

Tricky one next sunday away to Southampton but we've not got ourselves back pressuring the others contending for top four.

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I really like that lad. Excellent work ethic and attitude. Come on a long way since you first bought him

I think it took him time to adjust to the premier league.  We bought him for 25m and he had a couple of seasons CL experience.

He just seems to be able to add something different and theres now fair justification for him to start games rather than coming off the bench as he's been used to.

Just watched the replay of last night game, we scored some incredible gosls even if Everton were poor. Watch the buildup to Christian Eriksens goal, and what a goal it was, amazing stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Being defensive i see again! It was a straight question requiring a straight answer/opinion.

You were trying to start one up again BB........its just gotten a tad dull now.  Go play with Fluffoff.

• Haha 1