Thai govt steps up security after Bangkok pipe bombs

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Military Logic:

We want to keep martial law.

The civilized world wants us to discontinue martial law and allow freedoms and keeps stating this.

How can we show the rest of the world that we are not yet able to lift martial law?

BANGcheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20> cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

But only a little one ............

Who ever did it has proven you can have as much Marshall law and still get through all Marshall law does if applied correctly is inconvenience the day to day activities of the law abiding people.

Prayut says no plan to lift martial law

KORAT: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said Monday the government has no plan to lift the martial law. Speaking to reporters while he was visiting Nakhon Ratchasima.

Prayut said the government needed to use the martial law to control the situation. About 900 policemen were deployed to keep security for Prayut during the visit.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-says-no-plan-to-lift-martial-law-30253186.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-02-02

900 rozzers to provide security? Blimey, I thought they all loved him these days!

Case closed - Problem solved - The Americans did it:w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.giffacepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_JFYd

Thai Conservative Activist Warns of US 'Terrorism'

BANGKOK — A prominent activist from the ultraconservative movement that campaigned against the former government has accused the United States of planning a terror attack in Thailand to provide a pretense for invasion.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422867371

PM orders quick arrest of bomber

By Digital Content

14228531105075-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 2 -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha ordered concerned authorities to quickly nail a bomber responsible for the explosion at the BTS Siam Skytrain station adjacent to the capital's Siam Paragon shopping centre last night.

He has not concluded it the incident was politically motivated.

Before leaving Bangkok for Nakhon Ratchasima province this morning, Gen Prayut said that the culprits would be arrested and he was confident that there was enough evidence to ensure that.

It remained unclear if the bombing was politically motivated; however, the prime minister said that political opponents had no right to violate laws.

Authorities would determine if parties which had threatened to use violence to oppose the government were connected with the explosion, Gen Prayut said.

He gave assurances that security measures would be intensified.

"I would like the public to watch out for signs of untoward incidents and condemn those responsible as they do not value the life and property of others," Gen Prayut said.

Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda said that the bombing was apparently aimed at creating unrest, not at killing anyone, and security camera footage should lead to an arrest.

This morning the BTS Siam Square station operated as usual but was heavily guarded.

The bombed section was cordoned off. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2015-02-02

"It remained unclear if the bombing was politically motivated; however, the prime minister said that political opponents had no right to violate laws."

So What happened to sutep?????

Suthep is not an opponent, so conversely, has a right to to violate laws.

Why are some anti-reds (such as the Greek and the Englishman) so blinkered and narrow minded to immediately assume this was politically motivated?

Possibly for the same reason all the Shin supporters, and certain Americans, assume Yinggy's impeachment and up coming criminal trial was politically motivated.

Impeached and banned from politics for 5 years; waiting criminal trial; former colleagues in brother's puppet regime warn of no reconciliation without her amnesty, possible violence; hey presto couple of pipe bombs.

Obviously nothing to connect any of this then.

Prayut says no plan to lift martial law

KORAT: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said Monday the government has no plan to lift the martial law. Speaking to reporters while he was visiting Nakhon Ratchasima.

Prayut said the government needed to use the martial law to control the situation. About 900 policemen were deployed to keep security for Prayut during the visit.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-says-no-plan-to-lift-martial-law-30253186.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-02-02

900 rozzers to provide security? Blimey, I thought they all loved him these days!

How many do you think were on permanent protection duty for the Shins and their chief affiliates? Didn't Chalerm have a veritable army of rozzers permanently assigned to his protection? Even though his sons seem armed and dangerous?

They are all paranoid despite wanting to believe everyone loves them.

The site of this terrorist attack might be an indication of who and why

Unless I've got it wrong it was at the office of a BMA transport office - could possibly be something to do with "transport" issues - who knows

It would be pointless to carry out such an attack without someone claiming responsibility, could be that has happened already but not being shared with the public

Gun powder which is most likely the explosive used is (to me) seriously unregulated in Thailand with the various firework manufacturers darted all over the country and although not extremely powerful it can cause serious damage and even injury or death if assembled the right way.

Not to be ignored

More like the good General and/or his cronies set it up themselves as a means to signal to the outside world they will have to stay in power longer to "sort these elements out".

Yes, just like you people claimed the protestors were firing grenades into themselves to get sympathy.

Until the red-shirts got caught red-handed that is. Then you went quiet about that one - like so many other times.

there seem to a fair share of nut jobs that think like this, probably the same mentality that claim aircraft did not fly into the twin towers or that man has never set foot on the moon or the Paris attacks was orchestrated by French Government or the Policeman seen being short at close range was staged - just absolute loonies

Why are some anti-reds (such as the Greek and the Englishman) so blinkered and narrow minded to immediately assume this was politically motivated?

Because they are usually right!

When it was the red shirts doing the daily terrorist attacks why was it people like you saying it was a "third hand" or "PDRC people in disguise" or "DEM supporters" or "Cambodians on holiday" or "Myanmar workers"…..or anyone except the people that didn't like the PDRC protestors…The red shirts!

With that type of logic on display from your peers I would tend to believe those Greeks and Poms over your peers.

Edited by djjamie

So you think some teenage kids decided to carry out a prank.Has there been a terrorist attack in history which was not politcally motivated?

Well just like right after the coup, there is a police check point at the Krungsri bank on Soi Dindeang heading towards victory monument. Though I didn't see the army in attendance thought which is unusual as the used to arrive together. Will see if they are back at it tomorrow night.

PM orders quick arrest of bomber

By Digital Content

14228531105075-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 2 -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha ordered concerned authorities to quickly nail a bomber responsible for the explosion at the BTS Siam Skytrain station adjacent to the capital's Siam Paragon shopping centre last night.

He has not concluded it the incident was politically motivated.

Before leaving Bangkok for Nakhon Ratchasima province this morning, Gen Prayut said that the culprits would be arrested and he was confident that there was enough evidence to ensure that.

It remained unclear if the bombing was politically motivated; however, the prime minister said that political opponents had no right to violate laws.

Authorities would determine if parties which had threatened to use violence to oppose the government were connected with the explosion, Gen Prayut said.

He gave assurances that security measures would be intensified.

"I would like the public to watch out for signs of untoward incidents and condemn those responsible as they do not value the life and property of others," Gen Prayut said.

Interior Minister Anupong Paojinda said that the bombing was apparently aimed at creating unrest, not at killing anyone, and security camera footage should lead to an arrest.

This morning the BTS Siam Square station operated as usual but was heavily guarded.

The bombed section was cordoned off. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2015-02-02

Will this dick ever learn. You don't quickly nail down the suspects. You take time and make sure you get the right people.

Cha Cha Cha There are Burmese in jail because you wanted a quick fix. How long before you reach puberty ?

Quote from the TNA press release on p.1:

Jeez, if I was the PM, I think I would be recommending the public immediately report any "untoward incidents" such as planting bombs to the police, not stand and around and condemn them for being irresponsible. "Now look here Somchai, I really don't think that planting that pipe bomb shows respect for the life and property of others, so I condemn your irresponsible actions in the strongest possible terms!"annoyed.gif Bang!!!!! w00t.gif

I hope this quote by Prayut was somehow "lost in translation", but sadly I suspect not, from past form of the General.facepalm.gif whistling.gif

Personally I think it was (excuse the totally politically incorect bad pun) the "Disabled Brigade" Very Rightly protesting about the lack of lifts on the BTS (something I did when it was built)

Although for some reason the words "Casus Belli" spring to mind.

Unless I've got it wrong it was at the office of a BMA transport office - could possibly be something to do with "transport" issues - who knows

It would be pointless to carry out such an attack without someone claiming responsibility, could be that has happened already but not being shared with the public

Gun powder which is most likely the explosive used is (to me) seriously unregulated in Thailand with the various firework manufacturers darted all over the country and although not extremely powerful it can cause serious damage and even injury or death if assembled the right way.

Not to be ignored

More like the good General and/or his cronies set it up themselves as a means to signal to the outside world they will have to stay in power longer to "sort these elements out".

A good indicator that it could just as easily be anti-government protesters hoping to encourage others to make the same speculative connections like the one you are making so definitively.

Not to be ignored

Well, I passed by there a couple of times on Saturday and bought a BTS ticket at that machine you can see to the right in some of the photos. There was always a long line in front even though the sign said "Express". Maybe someone was unhappy with the service!

Those Chinese tourists! Just today another news about Chinese couple who made AA plane return to DMK:)