Amazon Fire TV with XBMC. Best Android powered set top box

Streamtopia

Amazon Fire TV with XBMC

1568468.png?351

LOOKING FOR A SET TOP BOX?

We provide Amazon Fire TV with XBMC preinstalled. We are the only place in Thailand that provide Amazon Fire TV with preloaded XBMC. With our Amazon Fire TV, you will be able to

• Subscribe to Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO
  • Watch free Movies, TV Shows, Live TV through XBMC
  • Use it as casual game console to play games from Amazon App Store
  • Access your Amazon Cloud VDO, Photo and Music on your TV

HOW DOES IT WORKS?

We “side loaded” XBMC (with TV ADDONS) to our Amazon Fire TV. It was not rooted. Firmware and Hardware of our Amazon Fire TV has not been altered in anyway. All functions and features of the Amazon Fire TV is working normally. Only differ is that you will be able access XBMC as an app on the Amazon Fire TV home screen.

IS XBMC HARD TO USE?

Using XBMC for the first time is like learning a new Operating System. It is similar experience when you use Mac OS for the first time. Once you get used to it, the possibility is limitless. We have preloaded our XBMC with TV ADDONS. With TV ADDONS, XBMC is fully loaded with most popular channels for Movies, TV Shows and Live TV. You can start to use XBMC right away without having to learn how to add add-ons and channels.

DO I NEED VPN OR SMART DNS?

Yes and No. You don't need VPN or Smart DNS for Amazon Fire TV and XBMC to work. However, to access Amazon App store to get games, Amazon prime contents, or Subscription App such as Netflix and Hulu Plus, you need VPN or Smart DNS service. You can find comparison table for these services at smartdnsservice.net and vpn.directory. Most of these services provide 7 days free trail, so you can test if the service works for you.

BENEFITS SUMMARY

Our Amazon Fire TV with XBMC give you access to the best of both worlds (subscription base and free online contents). Amazon Fire TV spec. is very powerful and comparable to other respectable Android set top boxes in the market. The UI is extremely fast, fluid and user friendly. Moreover, it can also function as a casual game console and it is a big plus if you already are Amazon Prime Member or already have contents in Amazon cloud ecosystem.

For more information visit our website: http://streamtopia.weebly.com/

Call Patrick on 082-967-1115

Note: Amazon Fire TV (set top box) went out faster than anticipated. It is currently out of stock. New stock will come in and be ready for shipment on Feb 9, 2015. PM us or leave us a comment here to reserve your order and get 5% off (no payment required). We currently have one Amazon Fire Stick remains in Stock. Free Shipping to all orders to anywhere in Thailand (via EMS).

I bought a whole bunch of these and replaced all the nodes on my home net with them..

I have been doing HTPCs since they couldnt play DVD's without HW acceleration.. Seeing them go from what they were, to how media boxes now are is just nuts.. But with PCs theres always been noise and remote issues.. Simple things like a good simple working remote for the wife is key to a decent home system.. Sure you may have everything slick with an iPad touchscreen but WAF of these was huge. Low power drain, simple to use, and fast enough for Kodi, at a price subsidized by the amazon prime model.. Whats not to like.

Not being ale to adjust audio on the box cleanly the only downside I have found.

Hi LivinLOS,

Thank you so much for interest in us and visiting our website. We have noticed that some potential customers are concerned about our pricing.

We strive to provide the best streaming solution and excellent customer service. We have structured our pricing to achieve this. Unfortunately, import duties and tax alone added almost 40% of the value of the item. Shipping cost also added considerable amount to the item because Amazon will not ship Fire TV directly to Thailand.

We also would like to simplify shipping cost to our customers in Thailand. By offer free shipping for all orders anywhere in Thailand (via EMS), our customers don’t need to worry about shipping cost.

Like you mentioned, we agree and strongly believe that a decent home entertainment system should be family friendly and easy for everyone in the family to use. While in the same time, we would like to provide option for tech enthusiast member of the family with Kodi/XBMC right in the same system and easily accessible from the same menu screen. We believe that our customer is getting much more out of our Amazon Fire TV with XBMC than many android TV boxes in the market.

We love our product and hope that it will be a decent alternative solution to what we currently have in the Thai market. Definitely, we are continue trying to find a way to reduce our cost and definitely will adjust our price accordingly.

Thanks again for your comments,

Happy Streaming smile.png

Dear 2fishin2,

Thank you for your comments. smile.png

You are absolutely right.

We forgot to mention that XBMC in our Amazon Fire TV is loaded with TV ADDONS.

We also runs TV ADDONS "config wizard" to configure XBMC specifically for Amazon Fire TV. so XBMC runs very smoothly on our Fire TV.

Another Addon that honorable to mention here is the MX series (MX BBC Player and MX Live Thai TV).

The developer is an active member in our ThaiVisa forum.

The Addons works very nicely for watching Live BBC Terrestrial TV channels in the UK and live Thai TV channels in Thailand.

We recommend all our customers to install these Addons on top of TV ADDONS that we preinstalled
Cheers,

Hi bkkgooner,

As of today, there are 17 Sports Apps on Amazon Fire TV.

FOX Sports GO | NFL Now | NBA Game Time | MLB.TV | WatchESPN | ACC Digital Network | Willow | FuboTV | Epic TV | Thuuz Sports Guide for Fire TV | Kicker | GT Channel | Campus Insiders | Afro Sports | SpradeTV | Aqua TV | DKB Handball Bundesliga

Our XBMC (& TV ADDONS) also came with following Sports Channel. (Just need to install/enable to watch)
SportDevil Add-on for XBMC is also another nice place to find sports content.

With our solution, you get access to both Apps on AMZ Fire TV and XBMC.

Could you help share what are your favorite channels?

We might be able to help find them.

smile.png

Hi bkkgooner,

FOX Sports GO | NFL Now | NBA Game Time | MLB.TV | WatchESPN | ACC Digital Network | Willow | FuboTV | Epic TV | Thuuz Sports Guide for Fire TV | Kicker | GT Channel | Campus Insiders | Afro Sports | SpradeTV | Aqua TV | DKB Handball Bundesliga

Our XBMC (& TV ADDONS) also came with following Sports Channel. (Just need to install/enable to watch)

smile.png

Would love an addon that gives me access to Australian news channels and other Australian commercial channels.

Hi bkkgooner,

smile.png

Hi,

Interested in watching European rugby such as the Champions Cup, Six Nations also football such as Premier League, Champions League

I am mostly interested in having these things available to me on demand or at least allowing me to record them

Hi tlcwaterfall,

The Add-on "CatchUpTV AU Plugins" seems to be your best option here.

It gives you the following channels

ABC iView | ABC News | AFL Video | Ninemsn Jump-in | NRL Video | Plus7 | SBS CatchUp TV | TENplay

We tried play with it a little bit and found that most of the channels (with the exception of TENplay) required that you streaming their contents from within Australia (probably using IP geo-location check)

How to CatchUpTV AU Plugins

Solution

Use Smart DNS or VPN service and set your region to Australia. Comparison table for these services can be found at SmartDnsService.net and thevpn.guru. In general, Smart DNS is faster, but if your ISP implemented "DNS Hijacking", then your only option is VPN. True Online implemented DNS Hijacking widely, while 3BB just started in some areas. Most DNS or VPN providers offer 7 days trail with no credit card, so you can try and see whether the service work with your ISP.

Note:

1) Many Smart DNS providers provide region setting page/app where you can switch your region from e.g. US to AU in just one click. This setting allow their users to switch region-locked content in some subscription services easily E.g. switch between US Netflix and UK Netflix. It is very easy.

2) We have not test our solution here. Our in-house VPN/DNS servers are in US and UK, we were unable to test whether the channels will stream with DNS/VPN in AU.

Hope this helps smile.png

Edited by Streamtopia

As far as pricing goes I woukd say this is a pretty good deal for most people,I woukd say the Jsat box is as well.

I have no affiliation with either company as a matter of fact I woukd never buy one as I built my own HTPC and have setup several android boxes myself. The boxes they offer are reasonably priced compared to buying a decent android box and downright cheap compared to building your own High end HTPC. The main benefit is they provide a you with everything loaded and set up and ready to go. If you don't want to spend time ( and get frustrated) setting up a box then these are good value.

My Minix x8-h cost me 5k, my mx about 4k my HTPC was around 30k and i actually enjoy setting them up and spend a lot of time fiddling with the programming.

There are people out there trying to sell these boxes for 10-20k and others for 5-8k with monthly fees attached wich I think is a ripoff. But if you don't want to hassle with setup and programming the box then these boxes full loaded at 5900 are fair deal. If you don't like it then build your own.

Another Addon that honorable to mention here is the MX series (MX BBC Player and MX Live Thai TV).

The Addons works very nicely for watching Live BBC Terrestrial TV channels in the UK and live Thai TV channels in Thailand.

We recommend all our customers to install these Addons on top of TV ADDONS that we preinstalled

None of the MX add ons are working for me.. I was testing them yesterday..

Did the normal repo instructions.. Thai just nothing.. BBC failing to download the proxy tool..

I understand from TVaddons forum jon has had a hospital visit so hope hes doing OK.. Would be good to built Thai TV in as my wife would then use XBMC over the GMM box.

Hi bkkgooner,

smile.png

Hi,

Interested in watching European rugby such as the Champions Cup, Six Nations also football such as Premier League, Champions League

I am mostly interested in having these things available to me on demand or at least allowing me to record them

Hi bkkgooner,

Sorry for late reply.

European Rugby

We couldn't find a decent Amazon Fire TV App or XBMC Add-on for European rugby. We think there could be rugby contents in the "SportDevil" Add-on for XBMC, but the add-on contains huge contents and not so user friendly to navigate. If you want to try, you can find installation instruction here.

Football

Amazon Fire TV App - "Fubo TV" provides some free and subscription football streaming contents. Here is what the app look like on Amazon Fire TV. The streaming contents is the same with their website and you can sign-up for 14 days free pass here.

XBMC Add-on - "Football Today" which came preloaded with our Amazon Fire TV provides an easy to use interface where you can access VOD from different leagues. You can see what the addon look like from this review#1 and review#2. Streaming quality and speed is very good.

Thai tv app is a very common android and apple app. Also I believe might be in google store also. It can be downloaded easily and works on all applications, does not need a special box.

And talking about boxes....many companies will try to sell you a box and IPTV service at premium prices. Usually these programs can be downloaded and installed on your own machine without purchasing the total package. Up to you when making that choice.

While shopping around I found this decent cheap IPTV program. Its called fwiptv. Got all the channels top of the line true visions has, sports, and limited movies. Its 300 baht a month compared with true gold package at almost 3000 a month.

Google IPTV and you will see there are thousands of service providers around the world. Shop till ya drop!

European Rugby

We couldn't find a decent Amazon Fire TV App or XBMC Add-on for European rugby. We think there could be rugby contents in the "SportDevil" Add-on for XBMC, but the add-on contains huge contents and not so user friendly to navigate. If you want to try, you can find installation instruction here.

Football

Amazon Fire TV App - "Fubo TV" provides some free and subscription football streaming contents. Here is what the app look like on Amazon Fire TV. The streaming contents is the same with their website and you can sign-up for 14 days free pass here.

XBMC Add-on - "Football Today" which came preloaded with our Amazon Fire TV provides an easy to use interface where you can access VOD from different leagues. You can see what the addon look like from this review#1 and review#2. Streaming quality and speed is very good.

An option..

Install the vdubt25 add on..

Install the acestream add on..

Browse using vdubt25 and use the acestream channels.. I found the UK TV channels or the sport channels section to be hit and miss, but the acestream channel list, operating via the torrentlike P2P system to all work and work decently.. Its not HD by any stretch but clear enough to watch on a 50 inch TV. Much better than eg local cable, maybe a bit under a SD Sat feed.

Sky, BTSports 1 and 2, Eurosport etc all on there.. Allow a minute or so for it to get up to speed, its not ideal for channel surfers..

I barely watch 'live TV' and have GMM for Fox HD for the UFC, my only other sporting need.. I expect this setup will get me through the 6 nations.

Would be good if I can find a HD acestream for them.. Without advert breaks.. Please post any better options.

Did the normal repo instructions.. Thai just nothing.. BBC failing to download the proxy tool..

I understand from TVaddons forum jon has had a hospital visit so hope hes doing OK.. Would be good to built Thai TV in as my wife would then use XBMC over the GMM box.

Hi LivinLOS,

We didn't know that he has had a hospital visit. Hope everything is alright with him.

Our initial investigation found the same issue you mentioned on MX Live Thai TV and MX BBC Player.

We will further investigate and get back to you.

Cheers,

Hi LivinLOS,

According to "MX Live Thai TV - video addon" Page on TVADDONS

05FEB15

The old version of MX Live Thai TV 1.1.2 still works in Thailand so use this until I sort out a non-geoblocked version, if you really need to use this one, use it with Hola set to Thailand.

We downloaded v1.1.2 and tested. Most channels works on our side except "GMM Music HD". We can use this for now until jon release a new version.

We had another test with "MX BBC Player" on our side. It install fine.

Could you check whether

System -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> MX repository -> Add-on libraries -> F4mProxy

is Enabled on your side?

For BBC Channels, we also recommend you have a look at F.T.V. as well smile.png

Edited by Streamtopia

Have BBC player working now (the proxy was not downloading last night)

The Thai channels not.. Discussing it with Jon on TVAddons..

Thank you for the information.

We will continue follow this issue from there.

Let us know if we can be of any help

As far as pricing goes I woukd say this is a pretty good deal for most people,I woukd say the Jsat box is as well.

I have no affiliation with either company as a matter of fact I woukd never buy one as I built my own HTPC and have setup several android boxes myself. The boxes they offer are reasonably priced compared to buying a decent android box and downright cheap compared to building your own High end HTPC. The main benefit is they provide a you with everything loaded and set up and ready to go. If you don't want to spend time ( and get frustrated) setting up a box then these are good value.

My Minix x8-h cost me 5k, my mx about 4k my HTPC was around 30k and i actually enjoy setting them up and spend a lot of time fiddling with the programming.

There are people out there trying to sell these boxes for 10-20k and others for 5-8k with monthly fees attached wich I think is a ripoff. But if you don't want to hassle with setup and programming the box then these boxes full loaded at 5900 are fair deal. If you don't like it then build your own.

Dear AJBangkok,

Thank you for your comment.

We have the same feeling that our price structure still comparable with decent android boxes. While in the same time, our customers are also getting fully loaded XBMC and all the benefits/features from Amazon Fire TV itself.

Cheers smile.png

I'm sure the o/p can help with a few people needing this and cannot be bothered to figure out how to set a generic Android box up for themselves - so good luck.

Couple of points come to mind:

1. Since XBMC has now changed to Kodi since last two stable releases, why not upgrade your product as well?

2. Your web site says XBMC Streaming performance is affected by internet speed and stability of particular channel's server. Since you are basically taking all of your addons from open source projects how can you offer any more reliable service than is available on free open source? My experience on a 10-13mbps line inside Thailand is that most open source addon foreign channels will be forever changing and/or buffering from time to time and this is frustrating to use. The best I have found to date came on a generic Android Neo8 box I bought using the free uPlayHD addon, which isn't on the TVaddons site, but is Thai based, and seems to run quite smoothly - when it does work.

I'm sure the o/p can help with a few people needing this and cannot be bothered to figure out how to set a generic Android box up for themselves - so good luck.

Couple of points come to mind:

1. Since XBMC has now changed to Kodi since last two stable releases, why not upgrade your product as well?

2. Your web site says XBMC Streaming performance is affected by internet speed and stability of particular channel's server. Since you are basically taking all of your addons from open source projects how can you offer any more reliable service than is available on free open source? My experience on a 10-13mbps line inside Thailand is that most open source addon foreign channels will be forever changing and/or buffering from time to time and this is frustrating to use. The best I have found to date came on a generic Android Neo8 box I bought using the free uPlayHD addon, which isn't on the TVaddons site, but is Thai based, and seems to run quite smoothly - when it does work.

Hi MJKT2014,

Thank you for your comments and sorry for late reply.

Thank you smile.png we strive to provide pre-loaded and ready-to-use XBMC solution with all benefits and features of Amazon Fire TV (HBO GO is now available on Fire TV).

1. We side loaded our Fire TV with "TVMC" (current version is based on XBMC 13.2 Gotham). TVMC integrated nicely with Fire TV and TVADDONS wizard. We are testing latest stable release but the result is still inconclusive. We will upgrade to Kodi once we are sure that it is a better fit with Fire TV.

2. Thank you for sharing uPlayHD Addon. We just tested it. It works very well and contains a big list of Thai channels, Movies and TV Shows (with Thai soundtrack and Subtitled). We surely will post it on our favorite section on our website and recommend our customers to install it. smile.png

XBMC has a steep learning curve, and the fact that it is open source (reliability on its third party channels can not be guarantee) makes it frustrating to use at times. Many people gave up XBMC before seeing it full potential because of this. That's the reason why we pre-loaded our XBMC with TV ADDONS so beginner user will get used to XBMC before need to access more advance feature in order to install addons.

Reliability on our box lies with Apps on Amazon Fire TV side, there are many apps that can watch TV, Movies and TV Shows for free (such as Pluto.tv | Crackle | MBC On Demand) and many subscription based (such as (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu Plus). Especially, Amazon Prime and Netflix provide exceptional reliability, speed and streaming quality.

Thanks again and Happy Streaming smile.png

• 1 year later...