Reports: Yingluck Barred From Leaving Thailand

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good news they are not going to make the same mistake as with her brother. smile.png

Another step in the right direction trying to do the same as brother won't work this time.

Yeah, because putting someone through a kangaroo court system immediately after the military forcefully overthrows a democratically elected government and shreds the constitution.........where she has absolutely zero chance of receiving a fair trial is awesome. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!! facepalm.gif

This nonsense will only drive a deeper wedge in Thai society........plain and simple.

How many times do we have to say that just because there are 'elections' it doesn't mean that the Government is democratic or that they were installed in a democratic way. Sometimes action has to be taken to stop a greater evil. The poor guys under your Thaksin 'democracy' who were extra-judicially murdered by his 'democratic' regime had zero chance of justice. They were dead. These murders, both within the so-called 'drugs war' and in the south (as well as the random disappearances of political opponents) have been well documented. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!!

a disgraceful way to treat Thailand's first female PM and all Thai's I know feel very disappointed in the way she is being treated whether they be yellow, red or white

............and all Thais I know are quite happy and not at all disappointed.

So....finally the end of all corruption in Thailand! I am so relieved! They found the person responsible for all corruption! Good job! I knew they would find that one person responsible in the end.

Ms. Yingluck will be relieved to hear this rolleyes.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good news they are not going to make the same mistake as with her brother. smile.png

Another step in the right direction trying to do the same as brother won't work this time.

Yeah, because putting someone through a kangaroo court system immediately after the military forcefully overthrows a democratically elected government and shreds the constitution.........where she has absolutely zero chance of receiving a fair trial is awesome. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!! facepalm.gif

This nonsense will only drive a deeper wedge in Thai society........plain and simple.

How many times do we have to say that just because there are 'elections' it doesn't mean that the Government is democratic or that they were installed in a democratic way. Sometimes action has to be taken to stop a greater evil. The poor guys under your Thaksin 'democracy' who were extra-judicially murdered by his 'democratic' regime had zero chance of justice. They were dead. These murders, both within the so-called 'drugs war' and in the south (as well as the random disappearances of political opponents) have been well documented. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!!

Right.... So just perpetuate the cycle of corruption and injustice that you are claiming to be so righteously against..... You are a brazen hypocrite!

And you can say whatever you want about the elections, it was ruled free and fair by every international monitoring organization including the UN....... If you think you are so much smarter and know so much more, that is your little bubble that you are living in.

There was no doubt corruption and vote buying in the last election (as in every election, including when the Democrats came to power) but nowhere near enough to count for the LANDSLIDE victory of 14% that Yingluck won by.

Keep living in your little bubble and keep claiming she did not have a democratic mandate to govern....... Derp derp.......

a disgraceful way to treat Thailand's first female PM and all Thai's I know feel very disappointed in the way she is being treated whether they be yellow, red or white

............and all Thais I know are quite happy and not at all disappointed.

Must be fulfilling to know a couple of people that support dictatorship and blatant disregard for the will of the people....

Maybe try talking to the vast majority of Thai people who voted for Yingluck........ Sure, maybe some regret there vote and are fine with the situation...... But most are probably pretty dissatisfied with having their vote trampled on once again by the military.

Army chief says Ms Yingluck disallowed to leave the country

2-9-2015-11-10-38-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Army commander-in-chief Gen Udomdej Sitabutr admitted Monday that the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has prohibited former premier Yingluck Shinawatra to leave the country as she is facing trial in connection with the rice-pledging scheme.

The army chief who is also deputy defence minister said she has sought permission to leave on an overseas trip.

But after a discussion with the NCPO at the presence of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, he said it was agreed that leaving the country during this period is inappropriate as she is facing charges to be filed to the Supreme Court by the Office of the Attorney-General.

Gen Udomdej said if her case is filed by the OAG, then it will enter the justice process which she could seek permission from the court.

He said it would be up to the Supreme Court to decide if she would be allowed to leave or not.

Gen Udomdej said the former prime minister should understand the process and cooperate with the NCPO.

The army chief did not elaborate the exact time which she sought permission to leave.

But the spokesman of the Office of the Attorney-General Mr Wanchai Rujanawong stated yesterday that the state attorney has finished the draft of the criminal charging document to file with the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Political Office Holders.

However he said no actual date had yet been set but a draft indictment would again be sent to Attorney-general Trakul Winitnaiyapak for deliberation before arraignment could place on or before Feb 21.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/army-chief-says-ms-yingluck-disallowed-leave-country

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-09

So....finally the end of all corruption in Thailand! I am so relieved! They found the person responsible for all corruption! Good job! I knew they would find that one person responsible in the end.

She's not the only one in corruption, but she is involved in the largest corruption case ever in the history of the country.

But you appear to think that's ok.

• Like 2

am still waiting for Yingluck to respond to my marriage proposal

She's married. Don't add an additional problem of polygamy for her.

Is she.. I think you will find that she's not legally married, just Thailand's version of common law.

Can you be a common law wife to someone and a registered wife to someone else?

The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Nothing to do with Judge and Jury.

Tens of Billions went missing, She was in charge of it. She was given the opportunity to attend court and refused to turn up and answer questions. Which may have cleared her.

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. She refuses to say how this new found wealth suddenly appeared.

So what is a level headed person to think.

Well I'm a level headed person, and she is as guilty as hell. The most common word, some people may use, would be a thief.

Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but where is your data to prove that her personal fortune tripled by billions?

And while in the opinion of many that "she is guilty as hell" does not idea that one is innocent until proven guilty apply in Thailand?

Dunno about billions but it went up by over 10 million (which isn't a huge amount) But it's pretty good on a 90k salary!

She has a net worth of over $17 million that's US dollars, 10 million baht is peanuts. Plus I believe the figure was 11 million baht increase since she left office. Must be good business decisions on her part.

Link please to you assertion that she is worth $17 million.

The 11million was from the initial record of financials to her leaving office.

The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Tens of Billions went missing, She was in charge of it. She was given the opportunity to attend court and refused to turn up and answer questions. Which may have cleared her.

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. She refuses to say how this new found wealth suddenly appeared.

Well I'm a level headed person, and she is as guilty as hell. The most common word, some people may use, would be a thief.
Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but where is your data to prove that her personal fortune tripled by billions?

And while in the opinion of many that "she is guilty as hell" does not idea that one is innocent until proven guilty apply in Thailand?
Dunno about billions but it went up by over 10 million (which isn't a huge amount) But it's pretty good on a 90k salary!

She has a net worth of over $17 million that's US dollars, 10 million baht is peanuts. Plus I believe the figure was 11 million baht increase since she left office. Must be good business decisions on her part.

Did you forget how to use Google? I didn't and that is where I got my figures.

I'd love to see what would happen if the former PM waltzed into the US embassy and claimed political asylum. The US government has already openly stated that the findings against her from both the NACC and the NLA appear to be politically motivated. The US would be obliged to protect her from the anti democratic, military government. Then the fun would begin.

She could be the next Julian Assange !!!

Did you forget how to use Google? I didn't and that is where I got my figures.

Ahhh I see your just simply to lazy to post a link..fair enough!

so here we have it... a d********* (censored) bars Thailand's last elected PM from travelling and say's "go read the newspapers" which he constantly threatens with "attitude adjustment" and this is what it has come to in this beautiful country?

apart from all the crap they leave lying around the country has always been beautiful...spoiled only by the populace in their infantile vindictive and selfish bickering over who can have access to the coffers.....care about their country? youve GOT to be joking.

• Like 1

That's right if she had been charged and granted bail they could ban her and take away any travel documents.

However, she has not been charged so she's basically a hostage.

The PM wants democracy for Thailand so he should start by being democratic.

But he doesn't want democracy, he's gone public, he's described it as "the democracy trap".

• Like 1

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. - Another rabid Yellow who is running off at the mouth with no facts or proof, but merely their opinion. An audit was done on her finances both before and after she left office, as is required by law, and the auditors clearly showed her "increase in wealth" was rising stock prices that everyone else who held that stock incurred, as well as normal, LEGAL business transactions. I know you probably hate to hear this, but they CLEARLY stated that they found no "unusual" wealth or increase in wealth, over and above normal business transactions.

You really should do more reading and take off the yellow glasses when you do. It might help.

She must have some extremely strong stock options to increase in value by $337,000 in three years.. no (I'm not a stock market person. So asking the question)

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. - Another rabid Yellow who is running off at the mouth with no facts or proof, but merely their opinion. An audit was done on her finances both before and after she left office, as is required by law, and the auditors clearly showed her "increase in wealth" was rising stock prices that everyone else who held that stock incurred, as well as normal, LEGAL business transactions. I know you probably hate to hear this, but they CLEARLY stated that they found no "unusual" wealth or increase in wealth, over and above normal business transactions.

You really should do more reading and take off the yellow glasses when you do. It might help.

She must have some extremely strong stock options to increase in value by $337,000 in three years.. no (I'm not a stock market person. So asking the question)

You can't measure a gain or loss by a dollar figure - it, in itself provides no prospective and really tells you nothing. The percentage gain/loss provides that missing perspective and also a yardstick.

If her starting net worth was as long as perhaps $2 million, a $337 thousand gain over three years, in light of how great stock markets have performed during that period, would be fairly pedestrian.

And by most accounts she seems to be worth significantly more.

• Like 1