25 most dangerous and strangest airports in the world (video)

webfact

I once landed in Quamishli, Syria in a Russian made plane in which the seat was not bolted down on one side, so the seat 'flopped' around on take off. Before landing, the plane has to buzz the airfield to get the sheep off the runway.

I returned by bus.

• Like 1

I did Lukla last month.....breath-taking and worth it if anyone is into fresh mountain air, curries, masala tea and hairy flights!

They have put bitumen in there, and fences around it now ? Years ago it was just dirt, and we walked down to the end ....some of the wheel ruts were VERY close to the edge !

They forgot to add the old Hong Kong airport (remember that one!?) with the firetruck parked in the middle of the runway, in between apartment skyscrapers, mountains, and on an island with air pollution. That was a fun landing, sitting right next to an engine on the MD-11. Makes you think twice about believing in God.

They forgot to add the old Hong Kong airport (remember that one!?) with the firetruck parked in the middle of the runway, in between apartment skyscrapers, mountains, and on an island with air pollution. That was a fun landing, sitting right next to an engine on the MD-11. Makes you think twice about believing in God.

After the first time landing in HK, I wasn't really scared, but actually amazed. I remember looking out the windows and being able to see people hanging up their laundry and other things that one shouldn't see from an airplane. Although I wasn't really scared, it was a bit tense.

After the first time landing in HK, I wasn't really scared, but actually amazed. I remember looking out the windows and being able to see people hanging up their laundry and other things that one shouldn't see from an airplane. Although I wasn't really scared, it was a bit tense.

There are some hairy landing videos of Kai Tak. Also I have some charts of the approach from years ago. Such reassuring remarks like. straying from this flight path may attract artilary fire.