Man killed in Phuket crash

webfact

Man killed in Phuket crash
Eakkapop Thongtub

1424670988_1-org.jpg
The Toyota driver is to be charged with reckless driving causing death,

PHUKET: -- A man from Nakorn Sri Thammarat was killed instantly yesterday (February 22) after an oncoming car slammed into his motorbike on the Old Airport Rd.

At 5.15pm ,Thachatchai police were called to investigate an accident on the Old Airport Rd which runs along side Phuket International Airport̕s runway.

Police arrived at the scene with Kusoldharm and Mai Khao Orbortor rescue workers and found the body of the man, later named as Kaseam Somsila, 68, from Nakorn Sri Thammarat lying in the road close to his Honda Wave motorcycle.

About fifty metres away, crashed in a ditch, was a black Toyota. It̕s driver, Patcharanuch Nampan, 27, from Talad Yai was slightly injured and had to be taken to Thalang Hospital for treatment.

After questioning witnesses, police learned that the Toyota was coming from the Thekasattri Rd and turn in to Old Airport Rd. The car attempted to overtake another vehicle but failed causing it to smash into a metal fence before crashing into the motorbike.

The driver of the Toyota is to be charged with reckless driving causing death.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-killed-in-phuket-crash-51130.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-23

I'm immune by now reading about all these accidents.

Done my will, left instructions for my wife, I'm ready if it happens to me.

And the chance that something will happen is not so far away.....doesn't matter how careful or good driver you are.

RIP Kaseam Somsila.

• Like 1

It's scarey to think that every day without having an accident is nearer to the day I inevitably will.

Rest easy - you've fallen for the gambler's fallacy. This is the idea that longer you have a run of good luck (or bad), it's opposite is more likely to be just around the corner. Or, if you toss a coin 5 times and it comes up heads every time, that tails is more likely than heads on your next toss. But it's still only 50/50. So your chances of getting into an accident do not increase with every accident-free day that passes. No more to worry about tomorrow than today. So enjoy that whiskey - just don't get behind the wheel afterwards. :-)

• Like 2

well we all know where this is heading dont we, ? a small fine and don't do it again, the mind just boggles, someone has been literally murdered, sorry, same offence.

Well, you seem to think you know where this is heading, but you don't. No-one has been murdered, literally.