TMN (Thipmanee?) cable internet?

wpcoe

Reading through the View Talay 2 owner web sites, it sounds like TMN, the cable TV outfit, is also an ISP.

I tried Google and forum searches, but can't find any info. Does anybody have a link for their internet plans? Their CATV web site is a bit daunting for someone with my Thai language skills.

I have TMN cable in my condo building, but not sure how legit it is. I pay the building maintenance engineer B4,000/year in cash and he "takes care of it." I'm wondering, though, if TMN internet would be a decent offering before calling TMN directly. Thought I'd ask the friendly folk here and not needlessly risk losing my cable service, in case my cable is not legit. smile.png

For all that the TMN TV and internet service is actually quite good, their website and communication skills generally are truly awful, especially in English.

I think I can lay my hands on a flyer showing details of their internet packages and if I can I will post it.

KittenKong, if you could find the flyer, I'd be grateful for the info.

Regarding the building maintenance guy, I'm not at all surprised. It's actually worse than I presented: he charges B400 for a monthly subscription. B4000 is if you pay for a year at a time.

Regarding the building maintenance guy, I'm not at all surprised. It's actually worse than I presented: he charges B400 for a monthly subscription. B4000 is if you pay for a year at a time.

For TMN cable in a condo, I pay 150b a month, paid in advance for 1 year, 1,800 baht per year. I get about 90 analog channels and 33 digital channels, no box required. It's paid directly to the condo office, and I do get a receipt.

For TMN cable in a condo, I pay 150b a month, paid in advance for 1 year, 1,800 baht per year. I get about 90 analog channels and 33 digital channels, no box required. It's paid directly to the condo office, and I do get a receipt.

That is very cheap, maybe the condo is reselling a single connection or they get a big discount from TMN. Paying direct to TMN for a house the cheapest you can get is 6000 baht for 30 months or 3500 baht for 15 months.

I have tried to get information from TMN for a combined TV Cable and internet Package without succeeding, the will sell you internet separately but it was much more than 3BB that i have so didn't bother.

That is very cheap, maybe the condo is reselling a single connection or they get a big discount from TMN. Paying direct to TMN for a house the cheapest you can get is 6000 baht for 30 months or 3500 baht for 15 months.

I have tried to get information from TMN for a combined TV Cable and internet Package without succeeding, the will sell you internet separately but it was much more than 3BB that i have so didn't bother.

Bulk rates per unit are always less than an independent subscriber, like a house. A cable company can offer low bulk rates because their billing, administration and maintenance costs are lower for the bulk customer, ie. the condo. The cable company just provides one feed to the condo. For a 500 subscriber condo, the cable company doesn't have to send out and collect money from 500 customers, they don't have to add or delete connections, they don't have to maintain the wiring in the building, etc. etc. After the initial cost of connecting a subscriber, the major costs for the cable company, related to the subscriber, is maintaining the connection and collecting money. The cable company maintenance and billing costs are 1/500th for the condo, compared to 500 house subscribers.

It seems logical that a group bulk buy, per unit, is cheaper than an individual subscriber.

Edited by cigar7

• 1 year later...