District Officers get tough on unregistered Pattaya Motorbike Taxi Drivers

webfact

District Officers get tough on unregistered Pattaya Motorbike Taxi Drivers

taxi-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The Chief of Banglamung District is angry that only 50% of Pattaya Motorbike Taxi Drivers have completed their registration process, despite warnings from the District and Army that those that don’t register may lose their chance of ever working as a motorbike taxi driver again, if they fail to register themselves.

Part of the registration process involves them submitting their motorbikes for an official inspection by the Ministry of Transport, before they are given their Yellow number plates. It is thought that many drivers have failed to complete this part of the process and therefore remain unregistered.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/175302/district-officers-get-tough-on-unregistered-pattaya-motorbike-taxi-drivers/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-10

good because they keep asking me for 50baht for a sub 2km taxi ride home, it's not about the money but I have chosen to walk rather than give these thieves 25baht on top of what the fare should be (and I do tip)

doesn't look like anyone has got tough with anyone. All that seems to have happened is the ones that are ignoring the rule have been told maybe, just maybe they wont be able to.

isn't it funny to see overweight people sit on the back of that dead ride, while they could just walk 1-2 km and have some exercise ?

Not as funny as reading posts from holier-than-thou personifications of fitness and health pontificating on what others should do with their lives.