UK police: Schoolgirls who went to Syria are not terrorists

webfact

I think the responsibility for getting her back should fall squarely on her shoulders.   She embarked on a mis-adventure that was harmful not just to her, but to her own country.   Such near-treasonous behavior should not be enabled.   

It's probably better for everyone if she returns and faces a court concerning both her words of support for terrorism and her actions.   She should be silenced by the court as a part of her rehabilitation.   

It's best that she not become a pseudo-spokesperson or recruiter for militant religious causes.    

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

I think when D Cameron was PM..he made a few UK citizens ststeless by cancelling their passports..one was a female from Glasgow, my home city.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, you claimed that earlier as well.

Have any links for that?

3 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

This silly teen said she had no regrets. She lives in a refugee camp, no doubt with other ISIS losers.

If she said she had regrets, those losers would kill her. Can anyone else see that. She cannot talk publicly now.

That's a plus...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Prissana Pescud said:

This silly teen said she had no regrets. She lives in a refugee camp, no doubt with other ISIS losers.

If she said she had regrets, those losers would kill her. Can anyone else see that. She cannot talk publicly now.

A Snowflake PC response which goes a long way in explaining why there are so many jihadists under active surveillance in the UK - These criminals should either be locked up or deported. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

You'd need to change International Law.

Although it’s possible to lose your citizenship if you’re a British national by birth, it’s unusual, and usually only happens if someone is considered a threat to national security. The Home Secretary can choose to remove citizenship in this case

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/shamima-begum-latest-isis-bride-could-have-british-citizenship-revoked-as-home-secretary-vows-to-a4067586.html

This piece references the 2015 act which specifically enables revocation of single  citizenship.

http://cmsny.org/publications/unmaking-citizens/

read the UK section

I also want know why she was allowed to travel as an unaccompanied minor. Was the usual airline documentation in place

Border Force are hopeless. How was an unaccompanied minor allowed to leave. Why don't we check people leaving?

I note Begum is not a proper surname. It is a female honorific like "lady"

No more from me on this thread

Edited by Grouse
FACTS

23 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Although it’s possible to lose your citizenship if you’re a British national by birth, it’s unusual, and usually only happens if someone is considered a threat to national security. The Home Secretary can choose to remove citizenship in this case

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/shamima-begum-latest-isis-bride-could-have-british-citizenship-revoked-as-home-secretary-vows-to-a4067586.html

I also want know why she was allowed to travel as an unaccompanied minor. Was the usual airline documentation in place

Border Force are hopeless. How was an unaccompanied minor allowed to leave. Why don't we check people leaving?

I note Begum is not a proper surname. It is a female honorific like "lady"

No more from me on this thread

Good question, how was she allowed to travel independently?

Revoking citizenship thereby leaving someone stateless is afaik against international law.

Edited by stevenl
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Good question, how was she allowed to travel independently?

Revoking citizenship thereby leaving someone stateless is afaik against international law.

Read my updated piece above

Revocation ofsingle state citizenship is indeed possible. See the 2015 act.

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Read my updated piece above

Revocation ofsingle state citizenship is indeed possible. See the 2015 act.

Still against international law, so ultimately unlikely to happen.

Also according to your updated piece.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

This certainly applies to the U.K. police if they don't believe that these women were radicalized.  The left Britain voluntarily to join a terrorist organization.  The accomplice either before or after a crime is held to be just as guilty as those who actually performed a crime.  These women were accomplices to whatever acts of terror the groups that they joined perpetrated. 

download.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

This interview caught my attention yesterday....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

This certainly applies to the U.K. police if they don't believe that these women were radicalized.  The left Britain voluntarily to join a terrorist organization.  The accomplice either before or after a crime is held to be just as guilty as those who actually performed a crime.  These women were accomplices to whatever acts of terror the groups that they joined perpetrated. 

download.jpg

“These women were accomplices to whatever acts of terror the groups that they joined perpetrated.“

You may be right, but the assignment of guilt  is a matter for a court of law.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Not according to the UK section of the piece. The act quoted has already been used.

Assuming she is fully British and without dual nationality, the immigration act gives her the right of abode.

The Nationality Act limits the Home Secretary powers to remove citizenship where to do so would render the person stateless.

On a Humans right issue, whilst she may be guilty of crimes , her child is certainly not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2019 at 12:50 PM, dick dasterdly said:

Possibly parts of Luton, or parts of East London?

I don't generally support ivor bigun's racist posts, but he's right in this case.

Mind you, the yobs in some nearby areas were just as bad ☹️.

Do you really think that Luton and parts of East London are the only places in the UK with a large Muslim population ?

• There are almost no white residents to be found in Savile Town, Yorkshire 
  • Last census found only 48 of 4,033 people living there were white British
  • Even lady selling ice cream from a van during the summer wears a burka
Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Assuming she is fully British and without dual nationality, the immigration act gives her the right of abode.

The Nationality Act limits the Home Secretary powers to remove citizenship where to do so would render the person stateless.

According to this Telegraph article her family are of Bangladeshi origin:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/16/let-us-raise-daughters-baby-say-family-bethnal-green-jihadi/

So, if she were automatically eligible for Bangladeshi citizenship by virtue of her ancestry, there would appear to be no bar to her British citizenship being revoked.

That said, the crucial word is, of course "automatically". If the powers-that-be in Bangladesh had any discretion in the matter of granting her citizenship, it would strike me as highly unlikely that they would view any such grant of citizenship favourably. 

8 minutes ago, OJAS said:

According to this Telegraph article her family are of Bangladeshi origin:-

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/02/16/let-us-raise-daughters-baby-say-family-bethnal-green-jihadi/

So, if she were automatically eligible for Bangladeshi citizenship by virtue of her ancestry, there would appear to be no bar to her British citizenship being revoked.

That said, the crucial word is, of course "automatically". If the powers-that-be in Bangladesh had any discretion in the matter of granting her citizenship, it would strike me as highly unlikely that they would view any such grant of citizenship favourably. 

Eligibility to another citizenship only applies to naturalised British citizens.

• Haha 1