UK police: Schoolgirls who went to Syria are not terrorists

webfact

13 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61/section/40

see section (4A)

It was for this reason why TEO were introduced

See (as way of an example) Boris Johnson’s dual citizenship.

See (as way of an example) Chris Froome’s dual citizenship.

See (as way of an example) the thousands of British citizens claiming dual Irish citizenship in response to Brexit.

Your reading of the law is embarrassingly bad.

1 hour ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Unfortunately her child was born in Syria, so is not a British citizen. I believe that was the mad rush for her to give birth on British soil. Bad luck.

I was thinking that as she was not born in the UK, thinking of the "by decent rule", but as she is mot probably a "Naturalized Citizen" therefore the child is probably entitled to British Citizenship.

I do think that as long as a person who acquired citizenship by Naturalization and has (right to) another nationality they could have it removed for any "gross" act of anti British sentiment. 

I does seem unfair that British subject, who can trace there family tree back generations of British subjects, whose parents lived and worked in the UK, and they did also, but were for what ever reason born out side the UK can not always pass on there citizenship, yet seems this person not born in the UK, going to the aid of enemies of this Country, gives new meaning to "Sleeping with the enemy".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

See (as way of an example) Boris Johnson’s dual citizenship.

See (as way of an example) Chris Froome’s dual citizenship.

See (as way of an example) the thousands of British citizens claiming dual Irish citizenship in response to Brexit.

Your reading of the law is embarrassingly bad.

In the context of the post responded to, was the womans citizenship  could be revoked due to the possibility of eligibility for Bangladeshi citizenship even though she does not posses such. 

The provisions in UK law only allow for this in the circumstances were the British citizenship is by naturalisation.

It would appear that the woman does not posses dual nationality and British by Birth, thus citizenship revocation is not possible.

The UK is likely to issue a TEO 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

I was thinking that as she was not born in the UK, thinking of the "by decent rule", but as she is mot probably a "Naturalized Citizen" therefore the child is probably entitled to British Citizenship.

I do think that as long as a person who acquired citizenship by Naturalization and has (right to) another nationality they could have it removed for any "gross" act of anti British sentiment. 

I does seem unfair that British subject, who can trace there family tree back generations of British subjects, whose parents lived and worked in the UK, and they did also, but were for what ever reason born out side the UK can not always pass on there citizenship, yet seems this person not born in the UK, going to the aid of enemies of this Country, gives new meaning to "Sleeping with the enemy".

Where is the info about her not being born in the UK

19 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

You believe what she has to say about anything? Who cares where she was born, she should never be let back into the UK.

If she is British , why should Britain be allowed to export their problem citizens and abdicate its responsibilities.

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

In interviews she talks about returning to country of birth, presumed to be Uk

It was something I heard on the TV or Radio, maybe I was wrong.

As much as I hope she does not come back, I do believe anyone that has been educated in the UK would find it hard to make their way in another country where the customs and language differ to the UK, but there again she seems to have done alright in an IS knocking shop.

• Like 1

All these scummy isis fighters and their " wifes " should be kept in syria..tried in syria..found guilty the dealt with under syrian law.

trump is threatening to release all foreign ISIS prisoners if their home countries refuse to take them back for trial. Stable genius at work....LOL

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

All these scummy isis fighters and their " wifes " should be kept in syria..tried in syria..found guilty the dealt with under syrian law.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They are not held by the Syrian government, but by rebel forces, mostly SDF supported primarily by US forces. trump has no remit to dictate to allied countries as to how they should process captured nationals. trump threatening to release foreign fighters held by SDF is the utmost stupidity, seems he can only threaten, not negotiate, the guy is the idiocracy incarnate. It was the unbelievably ignorant policies during the US occupation of Iraq that led to the creation of ISIS in the first place. Logically it is US responsibility to deal with them under the Rule of Law.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, simple1 said:

trump is threatening to release all foreign ISIS prisoners if their home countries refuse to take them back for trial. Stable genius at work....LOL

yes.. and according to Trump, Saudi Arabia is the good guy.. as long as oïl prevails. Did Trump tell MBS to stop funding ISIS ( US legacy of 2003) ? 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Logically as they are Islamist fanatics they should be dealt with under sharia law, it's their right as an oppressed minority! What is the punishment in sharia for troublemakers, banishment, cutting off limbs or Crucifixion.

and then they'll be entitled to turn into asylum seekers thanks to our democratic laws

Edited by Opl