Short-circuit in music studio damages two Phuket homes

webfact

Short-circuit in music studio damages two Phuket homes
Darawan Naknakhon

1426062555_1-org.jpg
Firemen inspect the burned-out music studio.

PHUKET: -- Two homes were damaged this morning (March 11) after a fire broke out in the second storey of the MT Safety Glass shop in Moo Baan Irawadee. A short-circuit was to blame, say officials.

After five fire trucks from Phuket Town and Rassada Municipality put the fire out, the shop owner told police the fire and thick smoke came from his son’s music studio on the second floor and spread to the neighbouring house of Rashada Rattanalam.

All the musical instruments in the studio were incinerated and the fire also damaged another room next to the studio.

Ms Rashada, whose house suffered minor roof damage from the blaze, told police, “I was inside my house and I heard what sounded like electrical short-circuits and smelled something burning so I went outside to check.”

“I saw the fire on the second floor of the shop next door and I told the shop owner and then called the firemen. Luckily they put out the fire quickly,” she said.

The cost of the damage has yet to be estimated.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/short-circuit-in-music-studio-damages-two-phuket-homes-51341.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-03-11