Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Ford have no plans to offer gps & phone integration at the moment I got that info from Ford manufacturing in March. They're leaving it to aftermarket firms.Not worried about warranty. Will give a report early next week.

My phone (s) communicate quite happily with Sync2. What are you missing?
GPS ... Would like 'MAPS' to jump from phone onto the screen ..
Fair enough. I'm quite content with the phone connecting with the car and just giving voice commands so I'm going to leave my system alone.

The next car will have Sync 3 or 4...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In terms of along term review I got my Everest Titanium (non plus) 3.2 4x4 in March and have covered 4000 Kilometers. Major plus points are;

-Technology with sync 2 is great

-Music is very good

-4wd works a treat, no wheel spin from the lights and great now we have the flooding again

-It makes a fantastic long distance cruiser.

-Turning circle seems very tight and is relatively easy to park

-Interior is very comfortable. I've been a rear seat passenger one and it was very easy to snooze. Back seat and rear aircon controls are fantastic. The dogs appreciate the aircon at the back and settle down well

The negatives

-The new tax meant I bought the non plus model. However, I've added front sensors, rear camera, interior lighting, integrated GPS/interface with smartphone for 38K THB which improves things.

-The fuel consumption is lower than my Mazda BT50 3.2R. I get about 550KM from a tank and the Mazda was 600-650KM. I guess that's to be expected with extra weight and permanent 4x4

Anyone keen to post a long term review? The good. The bad. The ugly (if any... wink.png) Hidden compartments. Magic buttons. Sync 2 Easter eggs...

Still waiting for mine and need a bit of motivation to keep the hunger going.

Ours is now almost 10 months old now, 24,600KM on the odo.

Issues:

* One of the rear windows decided it wasn't going to go down with the "global open" feature (long press the unlock button on the remote). Got Ford on the phone, they suggested keeping the open button pressed down for an additional 5 seconds after the window had already opened and that fixed the problem.

* Had a motorbike rear-end it at about 50KM/hr. Managed to buff out the scratches entirely, avoiding a paint shop visit - maybe that should be files under "Surprises" smile.png

* It seems that 90% of people who see the trunk door opening and closing by itself still think it needs their helping hand. It gets a bit bothersome explaining that it can do it all by itself.

Surprises:

* I've covered some here already. Possibly the biggest one is the foot ventilation for the 3rd row seats (in addition to the overhead vents) - that's a feature I'm pretty sure no others in the segment have, and I haven't seen it mentioned in any promo materials.

* If you've read this thread in full, you'll know that my biggest gripe is the interior materials (but admittedly that's just because I want it to be a Range Rover at Ford prices) - after having it loaded to the roof with both cargo and humans many times now, one thing I will say for those hard plastics is they must be made of some kind of plastic titanium, because they just won't scratch no matter how they are mis-treated. The plastics in the PJS this replaced would scratch just by giving them a stern look.

Tips:

* Don't use the higher of the rear tire inflation suggestions unless you really have a big load on board. Ride comfort in the 2nd and 3rd rows is severely impacted otherwise - but from the driver's chair you won't notice much difference at all.

Wish List:

* Side mirrors that fold away when the car is locked / open again when it's unlocked. I miss it from my other cars - it's a good way to visually tell if the car is locked.

* Driver memory for the driver's seat and side mirrors.

* A more upmarket interior

Edited by IMHO

Had a trip in a new Fortuner over the weekend. Is it me or is it really underdampened? I was sitting in the front while people were getting in and out and putting stuff in the boot area and the car was rocking enough to make me feel a bit sick. Also, out on the road the suspension was probably about as firm as my truck but much 'crashier'. Anyone else noticed that?

Otherwise, I did like the leather that edges the centre dash - very comfy for the knee to lean on especially on a bumpy road. The AC sucked though as it wasn’t working properly due to a servo under the dash that has since been replaced.

One more for the wishlist:

* Rear climate control. The rear HVAC has manual controls - physical dials/buttons in the rear of the center console + you can also control/override from the touch screen - but it doesn't support just "set a temperature". I would have preferred a single zone up front, and another zone in the rear if SYNC2 can't support 3-zone climate, TBH. Why? because between 5 people in the rear two rows, there is almost never a consensus on what settings they want.

One more for Surprises:

* The tailgate will stay open at any angle you want it to. Very useful for my (short) wife when cleaning. You can also program where it stops when opening via remote if you have a low ceiling/obstacle in your carpark.

One more for issues:

The 40% width middle row section can slide forward more than the 60% side, making 3rd row access easier, because it's not impeded by the centre console. But it's on the wrong side of the car.

Edited by IMHO

Mine is 9 months old I think and 15K kms. Wife is taking for first service tomorrow. Dislikes first. The sticker on the prop shaft that comes loose. Had to pull that off by the side of the road.minor detail but a pain when it happened. Slightly soft brake pedal. We have a 7 month old ranger wild track and it has a firm brake pedal so when I swap it's noticeable. I tested a demo car and bit was the same. Odd.

Like IMHO I would like softer door tops where your elbow rests.

Other than that I love it. Comfortable on long runs, good power as standard. Loads of room. Don't care too much about fuel economy or I wouldn't have bought an SUV. Great stereo as standard. Even like the sunroof, use it quite a bit in the hills where we live. Never been a pax in the back so can't comment. Very quiet when cruising. Love the power tailgate. Love the looks. Mine is stock sunset red. No big wheels or silly grill.

The power tail can be a pest if it's slow and it's raining heavy

Yes but ...you can initiate an 'open' from a distance ....you just need to measure how far you are from the 'tail' and know how fast you walk/run.

From school speed=distance/time ...Ace I don't see your problem

Edited by JAS21

I'm driving on average 30k km a year so it adds up especially as the price of oil is steadily going up. Other concerns are serviceability. What I like about the ford is that in a fix I could sleep in the back..

How you calculate?

Tuna 2012-2015..

4000 evry 10k change oil and filter

30k km = 12k B

Ford everest

two time chage oli and filter 8000k

changed evry 15k km

so

30k km= 8k B

diference

tuna 2012 model year and New everest 0,5 L per 100 km

so 30k km = 150 L diesel

150*26= 3900 B

So how You calculate?

PS

drive my friend ford everest on ODO 20k km - no squeaks and ambient noise!! my tuna get it in first 10k km.

Its more as prado not as fortuner.

But for Ford fans. I hasten to disappoint you its still "bus" handeling simular tuna.. but YES its better than PJS(previose , about new I do not know - I have not used the new)

But PJS well on offroad.. About everest not sure..

I'm driving on average 30k km a year so it adds up especially as the price of oil is steadily going up. Other concerns are serviceability. What I like about the ford is that in a fix I could sleep in the back..

How you calculate?

Tuna 2012-2015..

30k km = 12k B

Ford everest

changed evry 15k km

so

30k km= 8k B

diference

so 30k km = 150 L diesel

150*26= 3900 B

So how You calculate?

PS

drive my friend ford everest on ODO 20k km - no squeaks and ambient noise!! my tuna get it in first 10k km.

But for Ford fans. I hasten to disappoint you its still "bus" handeling simular tuna.. but YES its better than PJS(previose , about new I do not know - I have not used the new)

He is talking about price per litre of diesel Ardokano.

How you calculate?

Tuna 2012-2015..

30k km = 12k B

Ford everest

changed evry 15k km

so

30k km= 8k B

diference

so 30k km = 150 L diesel

150*26= 3900 B

So how You calculate?

PS

Yes I am understand. But he talk about higher spending per year.

But for service its same need pay..

So need check total cost of use car..

PS

Tuna price service I give inclusive full synthetic oil as in everest( and Ii use on tuna)

The power tail can be a pest if it's slow and it's raining heavy

Yes but ...you can initiate an 'open' from a distance ....you just need to measure how far you are from the 'tail' and know how fast you walk/run.

From school speed=distance/time ...Ace I don't see your problem

Can you not open it Manually?

How you calculate?

Tuna 2012-2015..

30k km = 12k B

Ford everest

changed evry 15k km

so

30k km= 8k B

diference

so 30k km = 150 L diesel

150*26= 3900 B

So how You calculate?

PS

That should be the same for both, yes?

How you calculate?

Tuna 2012-2015..

30k km = 12k B

Ford everest

changed evry 15k km

so

30k km= 8k B

diference

so 30k km = 150 L diesel

150*26= 3900 B

So how You calculate?

PS

4000 THB for and oil and filter change?shock1.gif

Your numbers are way off...

Also, comparing a 2012 Toyota or Mitsu to the 2016 Ford is irrelevant at best, and the squeaks comparison is complete and total BS. 1zgarz5.gif

4000 THB for and oil and filter change?shock1.gif

Your numbers are way off...

Also, comparing a 2012 Toyota or Mitsu to the 2016 Ford is irrelevant at best, and the squeaks comparison is complete and total BS. 1zgarz5.gif

I mean near 4000.

Sorry, about that.

In reality its

4277.86 B

post-219309-0-96904200-1465391098_thumb.

post-219309-0-75322400-1465391109_thumb.

PC

All I'm saying I can confirm with proof - its the facts.
I have been taught in my youth. deceit price may be - life
Edited by ardokano

Has anyone thought about changing the colour of the silver "bling bling" front grille?

A local company here on Samui do some type of dip. Here's a picture of one they did for a Toyota.

I haven't ... in fact only yesterday I polished mine up and glass coated ... it looks 'better than new' now.

That picture ... everyone to their own I guess...

Sorry if my opinion makes you more angry ....

Edited by JAS21

There is a completely Matt Black Everest driving around Rayong. Sorry no photos as I have only seen it while driving. Looks OK, not my personal taste but some one likes it.

I've seen the same car (unless someone thought it looked great and copied it) in Ban Chang. I think it looks awful. Mine is silver and I have no plans to do any external mods

LOL...

I might buy another grille from Ford and have it coated, then try it and see if I like it. Or get someone to photoshop the grille in black

Just spray it matt black with Plastidip. If you decide you don't like it, you can just peel it off.

LOL...

I might buy another grille from Ford and have it coated, then try it and see if I like it. Or get someone to photoshop the grille in black

Just spray it matt black with Plastidip. If you decide you don't like it, you can just peel it off.

Good Call.

The above bhp figures seem to be incorrect as stock is 200 bhp which means the gain is only 17 bhp. I know there were chips for the previous Ranger with the 3.2l that claimed to give 50bhp gains. If I were to want to change anything it would be suspension and body roll. Its definitely best in class in stock form but I'd like to have firmer suspension and less body roll in corners. My handling wish list would be an Everest that corners like a Focus.

The above bhp figures seem to be incorrect as stock is 200 bhp which means the gain is only 17 bhp. I know there were chips for the previous Ranger with the 3.2l that claimed to give 50bhp gains. If I were to want to change anything it would be suspension and body roll. Its definitely best in class in stock form but I'd like to have firmer suspension and less body roll in corners. My handling wish list would be an Everest that corners like a Focus.

Isn't it an increase in torque that you need ... that's what improves the acceleration? Edited by JAS21