Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

33 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

FWIW

For an elderly neighbor who is slightly infirmed and wished to avoid MTT - and while I had previously successfully filed on-line 90-day reports for him, I was unsuccessful for his most recent next report date - we sent a trusted motocy driver off to MTT, with passport, paperwork, PoA and an appointment.

This worked fine, the PoA was not asked for, and the report was made successfully.

The motocy driver was paid 500 baht.

I'm not sure I want to give up MY passport, but our options for our neighbor were limited.

Wonder whether the snail mail option might be best for your neighbour in future? Hopefully MTT will have finally got their act together regarding the timely processing of such reports by the time of his next report, and the cost would certainly be considerably less than 500 THB (even with EMS being used for the return notification slip as well the outbound TM47, etc). In addition he would not need to entrust the safekeeping of his passport to a motorcycle rider!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Wonder whether the snail mail option might be best for your neighbour in future?

Yes, perhaps. Although getting back a receipt seems 50-50-ish these days, which then introduces other challenges.

Obviously it wasn't an option this time - too late by the time I got involved, so went the safe route.

The motocy driver is family so well trusted, obviously we did not hand this off to just any driver.

500 baht seemed OK for this individual, a car/taxi up and back would have been as much, or more, I'd guess. 

I am baffled a bit about the failure of some to do on-line 90 day reporting (this for CW). Did one recently and another this morning for an elderly Japanese gent in my apartment. When using a desktop it works fine (maybe using a mobile is the problem?). Anyway I always make a screen print of the PENDING page you get just after submission to make sure data are always identical (except for obvious potentially variable entries such as new TM. 6, arrival date, etc). Just stick to the often mentioned points of always using dropdown menus where available and do not enter a flight number (near the bottom of the first page). Also scroll down to the bottom of each page to make sure you did not miss anything.

8 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

I am baffled a bit about the failure of some to do on-line 90 day reporting

It's so easy to be baffled, evidently. I'm often baffled by people not understanding that the on-line system is unrelaible for some.

I've have previously done many, many, many, many on-line reports, for myself and others.

For this elderly neighbor I have successfully made five (5) previous on-line reports. But the most recent failed, with the page 1 see imm msg. He did an extension of stay since the last report,a s it turns out.

So I know how to do it.

The system is brilliant when/if it works, no question.

Eventually though, it won't work.

My best guess is that it is 50/50, that's based on reports here and on FB.

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

For this elderly neighbor I have successfully made five (5) previous on-line reports. But the most recent failed, with the page 1 see imm msg. He did an extension of stay since the last report,a s it turns out.

I think the system is checking the previous report done online for the permit to stay date and the due date for the next report.

I have a suspicion that I will not be able to my next report online since I had to get one done in person due to the system being down unless the fix the problem.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think the system is checking the previous report done online for the permit to stay date and the due date for the next report.

I have a suspicion that I will not be able to my next report online since I had to get one done in person due to the system being down unless the fix the problem.

Likewise Joe, I did my last one in person and now am unable to do an online report ( go to imm message ).

Could this mean that my IO is not updating the system to correlate with the online version  ?

If that’s the case how do we get back into the online loop ?

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Likewise Joe, I did my last one in person and now am unable to do an online report ( go to imm message ).

Could this mean that my IO is not updating the system to correlate with the online version  ?

If that’s the case how do we get back into the online loop ?

I am sure a local office cannot change any of the records kept on the online report system.

I think their is new problem with the system the is causing the problem. I don't think it check the previous report before.

Previously it only checked a database generated by entries to the country to verify what you enter on page one.

The only way at this time to be able to do reports online again would be to leave and reenter the country to get a new entry date and TM6 card number.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am sure a local office cannot change any of the records kept on the online report system.

I think their is new problem with the system the is causing the problem. I don't think it check the previous report before.

Previously it only checked a database generated by entries to the country to verify what you enter on page one.

The only way at this time to be able to do reports online again would be to leave and reenter the country to get a new entry date and TM6 card number.

I'm already going into 7th week and still didn't get my report back (which was send by post).

How would I know, when exactly the next report is due.

8 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I'm already going into 7th week and still didn't get my report back (which was send by post).

Your report may be overdue now as without receipt there is no record that it has been processed - which is why you are instructed to wait 30 days and then go in person to check.  During check they will print out a receipt if it has been processed which will have your return date.  Be sure to take sending proof with you.

52 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

In theory, 90 days from your last "next report date".

But theory gets you little here. Best to make a visit and sort it out.

I'm in a similar boat, scheduled an appointment at 8 weeks (date of delivery at CW+56 days) to sort it out.

There were a shed-load of holidays during this period, so adding a few weeks seemed prudent.

Others, in my same window, have received their receipt already.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

But the most recent failed, with the page 1 see imm msg. He did an extension of stay since the last report,a s it turns out.

I did a retirement extension exactly one week before I submitted a 90-day report on-line so it does not necessarily present a problem. 

54 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Your report may be overdue now as without receipt there is no record that it has been processed - which is why you are instructed to wait 30 days and then go in person to check.  During check they will print out a receipt if it has been processed which will have your return date.  Be sure to take sending proof with you.

Wrong.

I did send my report recorded and added a self-addressed envelope (EMS)

I did trace my envelope and it was received on 07th of April.

Last week I renewed my permission to stay and the officer copied (again/I had a copy) the last 90day report.

I told her that the last one was send by post as the system did not work.

I should have asked her a print-out of the postal notification.

4 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

I did a retirement extension exactly one week before I submitted a 90-day report on-line so it does not necessarily present a problem. 

Yes, of course.

There are no "rules" or consistency with the many ways in which the 90-day system can fail. In that sense it is uniquely Thai.

A few reports here of success after an extension.

I saw a post on FB, with a husband and wife, with the exact same details, both got extensions the same day. Next 90-day report, one filed, one could not.

This system is binary, it either works or it doesn't.

25 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Wrong.

I did send my report recorded and added a self-addressed envelope (EMS)

I did trace my envelope and it was received on 07th of April.

Last week I renewed my permission to stay and the officer copied (again/I had a copy) the last 90day report.

I told her that the last one was send by post as the system did not work.

I should have asked her a print-out of the postal notification.

Not sure what is wrong?  You need to obtain a receipt for your report to obtain new reporting date as it will be 90 days from date processed (often not the due date) - I said nothing about you not having receipt for mailing your report and actually advised you take that with you.  

37 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

But the report was probably done before your current extension ended. The day you do the extension means nothing for the reporting.

CW

Old Next Report Date: 16 April 2021
Mailed 30 March 2021, Delivered 31 March 2021 EMS
New Next Report date sent 19 May 2021, received 20 May 2021 EMS
Next Report Date 16 July 2021
~ 50 days, 7 weeks, but with ~ 8 or 9 holidays.

Arrived today.

I did make an appointment at MTT - the appointment system options for 90-Day are different BTW, Five A desks, 5 min windows - for this morning at 10 AM, but blew it off, re-scheduled for next Thursday. That was close.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:13 AM, ubonjoe said:

Never had a problem with online 90 day until now. Last report due on 4 March when the system was down so had my agent go to CW and do. Next report due 2 June and, as with others, can not get past the first page.

Checked on the online application status, last report showing as 12 Dec 2020. My wife eventually got through to the telephone help line, explained the problem and asked her to please add the 4 March report manually - can not do as I don't have access. Ok, please ask whoever has access to do - can not. Why not - they don't answer their phones. Wonderful!!

Next my wife called our agent who spoke to her contact at CW and reported back to my wife - there is a problem with the system and we can not add manually. When will this be fixed? - don't know. Will it be fixed? don't know.

So, it would appear that you are unfortunately quite correct Joe. Will it ever be fixed - no idea.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:36 AM, ubonjoe said:

I successfully submitted my 90 day report online on the 18th May (4 days ago) which was subsequently approved the same day ... my reporting office is Bangkok CW and I used my laptop to submit my application via the immigration online system.

As with other posters my previous 90 day report was made in person at MTT in Bangkok in March due to the system being offline/down.

Before the online system failure all other 90 day reports made by myself had been successfully approved online via the immigration online system .

Therefore in my 90 day reporting experience with a history of online approvals followed by in person approval and then followed by online approval again the system for me is functioning correctly again.

35 minutes ago, Ajooma said:

I successfully submitted my 90 day report online on the 18th May (4 days ago) which was subsequently approved the same day ... my reporting office is Bangkok CW and I used my laptop to submit my application via the immigration online system.

As with other posters my previous 90 day report was made in person at MTT in Bangkok in March due to the system being offline/down.

Before the online system failure all other 90 day reports made by myself had been successfully approved online via the immigration online system .

Therefore in my 90 day reporting experience with a history of online approvals followed by in person approval and then followed by online approval again the system for me is functioning correctly again.

Out of interest does the report you made personally at MTT show up on the online status report? Also which browser did you use?

7 minutes ago, RupertIII said:

Out of interest does the report you made personally at MTT show up on the online status report? Also which browser did you use?

The 90 day report I made in person at MTT does not show up on the online status report (only my 90 day reports made online show up on the online status report).

The browser I used to make my online report was Mozilla Firefox.

30 minutes ago, Ajooma said:

The 90 day report I made in person at MTT does not show up on the online status report (only my 90 day reports made online show up on the online status report).

The browser I used to make my online report was Mozilla Firefox.

Thanks. Still no go, very strange. Seems to work for some and not others!

18 hours ago, RupertIII said:

Thanks. Still no go, very strange. Seems to work for some and not others!

Although I shall be visiting Surin Immigration on Tuesday to apply for my next 12 month extension of stay, I tried the on-line service anyway (90 day report due 6th June 2021). The last 90 day report shown on the computer was January last, not 21st April which was conducted in person. Notwithstanding this, my application was successfully submitted and is currently pending.

20 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I finally got the report back yesterday by post.

Took a bit more than 6 weeks.

Posted 05th April, received on 07th April, received slip back home on 22nd of May.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:13 AM, pookiki said:

This has been a common problem reported by myself and others. I have no idea of what it will take to fix this but I wish someone in immigration would take the time - and care - about fixing it!!

If you don't complain in writing they won't do anything.

3 minutes ago, NE1 said:

Don't get me wrong , I am all for the online reporting , but there is absolutely no incentive or upside for Immi. to fix this. 

I'd be willing to pay extra for online reporting considering it wastes about 2-3 hours and 350 baht in round trip cab fare for me to get to the Nonthaburi office tucked away in the most inaccessible spot they could think of...and with an access road that is always bumper to bumper for 10 minutes just to get in to the parking lot....a freaking mess every which way you look at it.

Archived