Thai Airlines Face Bans Over Possible Safety Issues

Jacob Maslow

post-231994-0-12618400-1424775222_thumb.

Airlines in Thailand are facing bans on international flights over possible safety concerns. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) found significant concerns with the country’s aviation safety, according to officials.

As a result of the organization’s findings, Thailand has been designated a “significant safety concern,” although no official announcement has been made by the group. Governments were informed last week of the issue.

Japan has already taken measures by blocking flights from Thailand. The country’s Civil Aviation Bureau informed Thailand that it would not allow new charter flights through email. A spokesman for the bureau stated that the temporary measure was put in place by the bureau over concerns that the airlines may not meet international safety standards. South Korea is considering a similar measure. A transportation official from the company stated that new flights are

unlikely to be approved. Existing flights will not be affected.

Airlines that are forced to cancel flights include NokScoot, Thai AirAsia X, Asia Atlantic Airline and Thai Airways. NokScoot had planned to start a new flight to Seoul’s Incheon airport in May, but it is unlikely that South Korea will approve the flight.

Disruptions to flights come just ahead of Songkran, a heavy travel season. Typically, airlines boost the number of flights during this time period.

Thailand is a top tourist destination, and the country’s economy relies heavily on tourism, which employs millions of people.

A Thai Airways spokesperson stated that the airline would have to cancel approximately five flights. The airline, along with other Thai carriers, will also face an increase in inspections by regulators.

ICAO audited Thailand back in January for the first time in a decade. The audit assesses the country’s ability to ensure aviation safety, including licensing and training, accident investigation and air worthiness. According to the Thai ministry’s statement, solutions to fix the problems found during the inspections will be implemented as soon as possible.

tvn.png
-- 2015-03-28

• Like 1

This I allready report 2 days ago in another topic!

What I read is , that one of the possible ban of Thai air flights is that stuff did not learn any saefty rules what you have to do in case of emergency, and the controll organizations also found out , that some certificates of crew members are faked!

Proberbly the also ban Thai , is that the always serve me cold menus during the last 2 flights!

When I want change, I got ignored , with a smiling yes sir we change ,

but the promised hot warm up menu never come !

Copyright by sandman77

• Like 1

Nok Scoot assures there are flights to Japan for its group tourists

3-29-2015-10-02-51-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Nok Scoot chartered airline has announced that it has sought cooperation from its ally to arrange for flights to Japan for tourists in Thailand during March 29-31 following Japan’s ban of chartered flights from Thailand.

The announcement which was posted on the company’s Facebook page said that there would still be flights to Japan and the schedules remain unchanged although passengers would have to fly Scoot airline instead of Nok Scoot, the chartered flight operator.

For instances, the flight from Don Meuang to Narita today already left at 12.35 am this morning.

However, the announcement said that the Bangkok-Kansai flight for March 30 was cancelled.

Chartered flights from Thailand to Japan have been banned by Japan after the International Civil Aviation Organisation rated the Thai Civil Aviation Department’s performance in aviation supervision below par.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nok-scoot-assures-there-are-flights-to-japan-for-its-group-tourists

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-03-29

• Like 1

So the the pix of the F-16 and Hercules on the tarmac is pointing to the RTAF lending aircraft to civilian airlines to keep em in the air. If your lucky enough to score a seat (deck chair!) in a Herc due to lack of inflight service you will need to take a bottle of water with you and a bag of sandwiches. After your finished the water hang on to the bottle cos you will need to pee later and hang on to the sandwich bag.......just in case you need to vomit!

• Like 1

Very amazing, Thai carriers have got low record of accident compare with western carriers... the last accident today Air Canada A320 crash during landing at Halifax airport !

ICAO is dominate by western government, it always refer to FAA or EASA regulation....

Currently, western carriers try to push their government to be more protectionism in aviation the last example the charge of these airlines against Gulf carriers.....

perhaps its a new move of these government to limit Asian airlines in their sky and promote their national carriers or force Thailand to accept an opensky agreement who put Thai carriers in difficulties.....

• Like 1

...putting things into perspective.....

..as a foreigner immersed in a nation of 60+ million...hard to 'know which way is up' sometimes....

...no reference points....

...as someone I know kept telling me, "I hate logic.....I hate genius".....

...strive for betterment.....and you are an undesireable....

Last July I flew from Chiang Mai to Kuala Lampor (sp?) on Air Asia. I sat next to a fellow who was the engineer/tech who services the plane. He said Air Asia from Malaysia would not allow Thai techs to service their planes,,,so he travels with his plane. His bosses thought this was the best way to ensure safety and service. I guess the world agrees now.

Last July I flew from Chiang Mai to Kuala Lampor (sp?) on Air Asia. I sat next to a fellow who was the engineer/tech who services the plane. He said Air Asia from Malaysia would not allow Thai techs to service their planes,,,so he travels with his plane. His bosses thought this was the best way to ensure safety and service. I guess the world agrees now.

Jesus Christ!

But completely believable!

" .....................solutions to fix the problems found during the inspections will be implemented as soon as possible."

Seems it might be a good idea to fix the "problems" well ahead of them being found as a problem during inspection.

Although I guess it's pretty typical of anything in Thailand that can break / fail - fix it after the failure, don't waste your time before because nothing is wrong.

• Like 1

This I allready report 2 days ago in another topic!

What I read is , that one of the possible ban of Thai air flights is that stuff did not learn any saefty rules what you have to do in case of emergency, and the controll organizations also found out , that some certificates of crew members are faked!

Proberbly the also ban Thai , is that the always serve me cold menus during the last 2 flights!

When I want change, I got ignored , with a smiling yes sir we change ,

but the promised hot warm up menu never come !

Copyright by sandman77

I doubt you need to worry about copyright. No one can understand what you're on about!

Consider the writer as an English is a second language and give him a break.

Either that or he has access to some really good shit!?

• Like 2