what to do in Thailand at 47?

Ive had my share of quizess. Im slowing way down I take a mini vacation every three months for a week or two. Try and go to a diffrent area each time. If you do retire here early or not its best to continue your existing hobblies or pick up a couple new ones....just not the bent elbow club or the gotta gotta go to the go-go association.

Edited by NickJ
  • Like 1

At that age is very right to be in Thailand....So many possibilities in every field if its smart and savvy.

The only problem may be its visa. At 47 do no qualify for retirement extension yet..will have to deal with its tourist visa, exists and entries until 50.

I wish I moved to Thailand at 50 and not 12 years later.

• Like 2

To be honest when i first came here i was 49 ,and i rogered anything with a pulse as long as it was female ,now my life is entirely different and very busy ,is that any help?thumbsup.gif

Isn't that what we all did (apart from SB)?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

i ended up taking small trips to neighboring countries, which later turned into splitting up the year 3 months each place.

which suits me and the visa just fine. you can find places that "feel like home" and use these as country homes so to speak, so you dont feel like a backpacker.

needing to remain in thailand all year is overrated, its so easy to explore around here, flights are only $50.

traveling is an excellent tonic for boredom.

That sounds to me like you are never home or you have no home.

VIP... Tell your friend to look at what he has done over his life and plan to do that here, or at least see if you can. Could be a deal breaker if you can't, but lots of hobbies are actually more fun here than back in the west. If you are bored back home, you will likely be a lot more so here.

To be honest when i first came here i was 49 ,and i rogered anything with a pulse as long as it was female ,now my life is entirely different and very busy ,is that any help?thumbsup.gif

Why did you stop?

Did you get cock rot?

No I met my wife through my business(no not a bar) and just calmed down

• Like 1

definitely need a hobby if he isnt going to work, preferably one that involves some physical exercise and thinking. Sitting around all day isnt good for your health, you need to use your brain and your body to stay vital and active.

• Like 2

I would suggest,take a couple of months to look around the various place's ,island etc,if you get stuck in a village,it can be very boring,and if in the north,or north east very hot this time of year,it can take a while to adapt,to for me is more of another planet sometimes,than another country,i have extensive gardens i have to care for and that takes up a fair bit of time,your pal should get a Motorcar,then touring is easy,but never relaxing until you reach your destination,{however realise you are far less likely than a thai to die in a crash because you have be trained how to drive],hobbys are good,i paint,also write books,you need to fill your time otherwise a beer at 10 am starts looking good.

• Like 1

friend of mine want retired at 47yo in Thailand, he asked me if it s possible

If you mean can he be allowed long term stay based solely on being retired, No. He can get a non-imm visa ( O or O-A) based on the intention of eventually obtaining extensions of his stay based on retirement once he is 50, along with a few other requirements regarding finances.

There are some other options available while waiting until he turns 50, although most would mean some traveling in and out of Thailand to obtain visas. It would be helpful to know more about him and his plans.

There is one option for Baht 500,000, the Thai Elite Card which would allow him to stay for 5 years.

• Like 1

1. Why is it always that the question is being asked "for a friend" ?

2. If you, sorry, your friend, has no idea what to do when you, sorry, your friend arrives, then maybe best not come.

3. Oh, this is gunna hurt. I never agree with SB... but in this post he's pretty well spot on.

Just sayin..... Mal.

• Like 1