Thai Air Asia earns 923 million baht net profit for first quarter

webfact

Thai Air Asia earns 923 million baht net profit for first quarter

13-5-2558-15-27-46-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Air Asia announced first quarter’s net profit of 923 million baht out of a total income of 7,734 million baht.

Mr Tassapol Beleweld, CEO of Asia Aviation, major shareholder of Thai Air Asia, disclosed Wednesday that, during the first quarter of the year, Thai Air Asia carried 3.7 million passengers representing an increase of 19 percent compared to the same period last year or a load factor of 83 percent.

During the first quarter, Thai Air Asia has received delivery of two new Air Bus A320 bringing its total fleet to 42 and increasing seat capacity by 15 percent. Three new domestic routes were added from Bangkok to Nan, Loei and Roi-et with two daily flights for each route, two daily flights to Phnom Penh, two daily flights to Nakhon Phanom and 13 daily flights to Phuket.

The improved performance in the first quarter is a clear indication of booming tourism business and the restoration of AVV’s growth, said Mr Tassapol.

Regarding ICAO’s auditing of the Civil Aviation Department which found significant safety concern, Mr Tassapol said AAV and Thai Air Asia have not been affected by the poor rating.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-air-asia-earns-923-million-baht-net-profit-for-first-quarter

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-13

Well done AirAsia. thumbsup.gif

I was happy to contribute with a trip to Vietnam last quarter, although I doubt much profit was earned from our 4,600 baht for two round-trip tickets.

Keep up the good work as we look forward to our Malaysian trip next month. smile.png

Your 2 RT tickets might have been ALL profit as they go past break-even on the full-fare tickets alone on the flight.

Edited by JLCrab

Good timing, Mr Tony Fernandes owes the English Football League 50 million pounds in fines.

:huh: The Football League has the authority to levy fines on the profits of an airline company operating in Thailand, owned by a Goan Indian based in Malaysia?

They must have been carrying the 23% increase in tourists TIT claim visited Thailand

Indeed

Most profit comes from the increase in Chinese tourists, as they make up 90% of AirAsia's foreign travellers now. AirAsia has introduced many routes to secondary destinations in China, but rather reduced frequency on several domestic destinations, as the domestic price war with NOK and particularly LION seriously affects AirAsia's profitablity

Amazing ... I have used them a couple of times but never Again - its almost a rule that they change Schedule and then are most unhelpful to deal with connecting flights but I guess that the thai carriers dosent give them much competition .... 55555

Amazing ... I have used them a couple of times but never Again - its almost a rule that they change Schedule and then are most unhelpful to deal with connecting flights but I guess that the thai carriers dosent give them much competition .... 55555

So from the couple of times you used them, you are able to work out that it is almost a rule they change their schedule.

I have flown AirAsia hundreds of times, and never had this happen.

Another AirAsia basher who offers no evidence and maybe only used them once or twice - if at all.