TAT to promote “renewed love” campaign for European visitors

Bangkok: – The Tourism Authority of Thailand has drawn up a new strategy to promote the country as a “renewed love” destination in order attract and increase the number of European visitors.

Thanet Phetsuwan, TAT’s marketing director for Europe, Africa and the Middle East, said a new trend in tourism promotion is to gear for the personal feelings of tourists.

Thanet said starting next year, the country will aim to become the destination where estranged spouses and those married couples could renew their romantic moments.

Some couples might have drifted apart and forgotten the last time they showed affections for one another, he said. Thailand would like to remind them about being romantic, he added.

Having dinner together and holding hands are some pointers for keeping the couples staying in love, he said.

The TAT’s new strategy is expected to differentiate the country from other destinations geared for honeymooners and the recently-wed couples.

The TAT will next year campaign to boost the number of European visitors by reaching out to potential tourists living in smaller cities of the United Kingdom, France and Germany.

The number of Russian arrivals will likely drop from the peak of 1.7 million visitors for the next few years due to the economic doldrums.

The TAT will carry out a contingency plan to boost visitors from Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Ukraine to make up for the drop in Russian visitors.

For the Russian market, the tourism marketing strategy will shift from the mass market to high-end visitors.

In the past, the marketing campaign was geared for the middle-income earners. Although the Russian economy is slowing down, this has not impacted on the big spenders, however.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scandinavians are reporting sewage on beaches in Krabi. (See link below). I was in Hua Hin yesterday for a few days and there were greenish puddles when the tide went out, looked like anti-freeze (the pipes from hotels are exposed when tide is out.) And water in Jomtien is fetid to say the least. This news travels back to our respective countries along with the news about domestic airline safety, serial killers on Ko-Tao, etc.

At a bare minimum they have to keep the beaches cleanish in the south before it becomes like Pattaya/Jomtien.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Scandinavian-tourists-cancel-trips-to-Krabi-30259891.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Nationmultimediacom-Breakingnews+%28NationMultimedia.com+-+Breakingnews%29

Having dinner together and holding hands are some pointers for keeping the couples staying in love, he said.

That's all well and good, but during the dinner, how do I hold these knife and fork things? Hope they will explain that in the next campaign. Maybe a diagram of how best to hold hands, too.

Its all too complicated for me QQ

I think we should help the TAT with some campaign slogans. Here's one:

"Hubby no longer gets it up for you? Come to Walking Street - we can change your life."

More suggestions please.

Avoid your wife's dryness for a bird with Thainess

Wisdom of the ages.

Of course, it's also quite romantic, to say the least, when you can swim together without swallowing a turd.

…and in a next campaign we target and lure mourners who’s cats and dogs got run over by garbage trucks.

I’m not surprised of this amateurish bs by the TAT anymore in a country that turns out inept to organize a state run lottery.

What absolute crap, TAT need somebody with a bit of sense not the fool who is promoting this, its laughable, but then i like a good laugh, it used to be that guy that was going to fix everything in three months, forgot his name now but he was funny 555 cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

What absolute crap, TAT need somebody with a bit of sense not the fool who is promoting this, its laughable, but then i like a good laugh, it used to be that guy that was going to fix everything in three months, forgot his name now but he was funny 555 cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Do you have the (in)famous "90 day pink panther" in mind? I was told he drowned in ear medicine...

Edited by Lupatria

"Hubby no longer gets it up for you? Come to Walking Street - we can change your life."

More suggestions please.

''Stuck in a rut?.... come to Thailand and get stuck in a slut''

Come to the place where you can get ripped off by two-tier prices for tourist attractions, dishonest tuk-tuk drivers, jet ski scams we know about but do nothing tangible to fix, hell there's even places where couples stand a good change of getting raped and murdered. One way or another, we guarantee YOU WILL GET SCREWED!

This ranks with the "Honeyteering" campaign, at least that's what I think it was called, doing volunteer work whilst on honeymoon. However they seem to acknowledge they have lost the honeymoon market by this new campaign.

Edited by madmitch

More suggestions please.

Class coffee1.gif

More suggestions please.

Class coffee1.gif

I know, sometimes we rise above ourselves,that makes the lower minions uncomfortable

Come to the place where you can get ripped off by two-tier prices for tourist attractions, dishonest tuk-tuk drivers, jet ski scams we know about but do nothing tangible to fix, hell there's even places where couples stand a good change of getting raped and murdered. One way or another, we guarantee YOU WILL GET SCREWED!

We all know about the two tier pricing but my wife was told that if I show my Thai drivers license I pay same as a Thai. This worked at the aquarium here in Jontien (Underwater World) and the 3D Art Museum in Pattaya.

They just don't get it, do they??

The visitors have started to vote with their feet, tired of paying first class prices for a third class product!!

A good example is, the King just returned to Hua Hin, and all the way to the Palace gate was of course all spotlessly cleaned, whereas the rest of the city and surroundings still looks like a garbage dump.

And it is getting worse by the day!!

If the locals don't give a sh*t about their country, how can they expect tourist to spend their hard earned holiday money here??

The level of own knowledge is high in the Thainess tourist campaign message.

Superficial it doesn't even has a message since the real message is a clumsy admission of a prehistoric simplicity which goes even further then(Thai) imagination alone.

It is a deep conviction of losing superiority which hampers both tourism and business now the AEC comes in sight.

Apart from the Big Thai Boys and Girls in business,the exposure risk of being average instead of superior when AEC kicks off is a routed fear that marks Thai society at the moment.

They have to start from scratch,and are not accustomed to that attitude.

And come up with more and more disillusion attempts to catch up.

Edited by hgma

They just don't get it, do they??

The visitors have started to vote with their feet, tired of paying first class prices for a third class product!!

A good example is, the King just returned to Hua Hin, and all the way to the Palace gate was of course all spotlessly cleaned, whereas the rest of the city and surroundings still looks like a garbage dump.

And it is getting worse by the day!!

If the locals don't give a sh*t about their country, how can they expect tourist to spend their hard earned holiday money here??

and for VIPs the world always smells of fresh paint.