Finnish man killed crossing Phuket road

Lite Beer

"Witness said the victim had visited a friend in the area and when he ran across the road"

"Police took the driver of the vehicle to Chalong police station for questioning before charging him with reckless driving causing death."

So, if someone runs out in front of you, at 4am, possibly drunk, and you can not stop in time, the accident is your fault.

Interesting!!!!

You are assuming the man who was killed was drunk. What about the speeding driver. Speed could be the factor and i think you should under stand that a man is dead. You must be very stupid person to make this response!

"What about the speeding driver." - so, Somchai, the witness, who has probably never driven a car in his life, is an expert at estimating the speed of vehicles, is he????

I'd rather stick to the crime scene for an estimate of the drivers speed.

"Witness said the victim had visited a friend in the area and when he ran across the road"

"Police took the driver of the vehicle to Chalong police station for questioning before charging him with reckless driving causing death."

So, if someone runs out in front of you, at 4am, possibly drunk, and you can not stop in time, the accident is your fault.

Interesting!!!!

You are assuming the man who was killed was drunk. What about the speeding driver. Speed could be the factor and i think you should under stand that a man is dead. You must be very stupid person to make this response!

Nobb, I usually don't come to NKM's defense but be realistic. Calling NKM stupid when a man made a desision to run across the road at 4AM which led to his demise is sort of out of line. At 4AM how many cars do you think are there? Could not/see hear the vehicle charging out of the circle?

Anyway, bad deal all around, RIP and sorry to friends and relatives

"At 4AM how many cars do you think are there?" - hence my previous post suggesting suicide should be considered.

"At 4AM how many cars do you think are there?" - hence my previous post suggesting suicide should be considered.

WoW NKM - that's quite a suggestion. Suicide - Really !!!

You never heard of a "train jumper" LIK?

Sometimes people use trucks, or buses.

This guy MAY have picked out the next car to come along.

As GOM suggested, just how many cars are on the road at 4am down there????

Not exactly a busy freeway, is it?

Suicide is something that should be considered.