Frenchman killed in South Pattaya Road Crash

Rimmer

Same same story every hour/½ hour maybe - drunk driver, high speed and not a policeman doing anything anywhere ... only in Thailand

There's nothing in the article mentioning the driver was drunk, looking at the picture he looks quite sober to me and dressed in his work uniform.

But they do not now the speed limits on roads here, or they don't care. That's why I never ride a motobike here and never will. I love my car even if that also could be a dangerous hobby i Thailand

Edited by balo

Same same story every hour/½ hour maybe - drunk driver, high speed and not a policeman doing anything anywhere ... only in Thailand

There's nothing in the article mentioning the driver was drunk, looking at the picture he looks quite sober to me and dressed in his work uniform.

But they do not now the speed limits on roads here, or they don't care. That's why I never ride a motobike here and never will. I love my car even if that also could be a dangerous hobby i Thailand

maybe you missed this bit

"Police are suspicious of the car driver’s story and detected a strong odor of alcoholic beverages on the man. Khun Anaeg was arrested and taken to Pattaya Police Station for further investigations."

UTurns Are A Death Sentence in This Country...Especially the Main Roads. RIP

. It should be Mandatory you drive 24/7 with Headlamps on, I've been cited in Khon Kaen for driving on bypass rd. to Korat SB for Headlamps being on, 100 baht , hard to explain a Safety Issue to a Thai Officer, he even told me it was for a cup of tea, TIT

This is already compulsory in Switzerland. I always have my headlamps on in Thailand, for a very good reason. It should be compulsory certainly in Thailand. Many lives could be saved. That's the reason why it became enforced in Switzerland.

It's crazy and it won't stop. A few days ago, i ate a sandwich at a new bakery shop on second road jomtien. So i watched while eating how people do the u-turn. Within 20 minutes i saw two quite dangerous situations. No wonder they closing more and more u-turns....

I still do not understand why the BiB don't do their job. Jump over a red light, do a illegal u-turn, speeding. Who cares? Nobody. Not even the police.

I've been living and working mainly in Thailand since 1970...Nothing about police attitudes or duties will ever change. Don't strain your brain....This country has been running like this for centuries!

Thais are perfect, hence no need to change.

Stupid farangs just don unnastan

It's crazy and it won't stop. A few days ago, i ate a sandwich at a new bakery shop on second road jomtien. So i watched while eating how people do the u-turn. Within 20 minutes i saw two quite dangerous situations. No wonder they closing more and more u-turns....

I still do not understand why the BiB don't do their job. Jump over a red light, do a illegal u-turn, speeding. Who cares? Nobody. Not even the police.

I've been living and working mainly in Thailand since 1970...Nothing about police attitudes or duties will ever change. Don't strain your brain....This country has been running like this for centuries!

Thais are perfect, hence no need to change.

Stupid farangs just don unnastan

yeah perfect... and dead sometimes

And the carnage goes on....

What does that mean??

It's a Thai road issue, or a road fatality happens every 25 seconds worldwide?

Anyhow was the French guy wearing a helmet, and would it have made a difference?

I also passed this shortly after it happened. heading north, first there was a large part of the bike fairing, then 40 meters further on the victims body and another 60 meters further along to the pickup truck with the greater part of the motorbike still jammed under the front bumper. A crash helmet would have done absolutely nothing for Mr. Brune.

RIP.

You must have passed something else, because there was no pick up truck involved, it was a Toyota Soluna, which is confirmed by the picture of it in the Pattaya one article.

I did pass that accident but you are right and I made a mistake about the car type. There were quite a few vehicles around by that time. But I guess that detail is really significant when someone dies.

Thanks for checking on me.