Salt water pool systems

DD13

Hi Folks

I expect that this topic has been covered before......

I will have missed it

My incompetent pool man has been doing the usual lazy Thai practice ( a pool companies words not just mine) of testing the water incorrectly then adding way too much chlorine.

The last straw was yesterday when my hair took on a distinct GREEN colour.........amusing for everyone else....not so funny for me

So now I plan to change to a salt water system........can I please have recommendations of instalation people and the best make of equipment...........as an aside....anyone with experience of U/V systems...

Many thanks

DD13

By the way......any ideas of how to get the green out of my hair.......without shaving my head or dying my hair ?

If your hair turns green in the pool it probably indicates of too high copper levels, which can happen due to too much algaecide as Chickenlegs mentioned, and mean you water is health threatening to swim in.

Copper is poisonous.

Well water.....has copper....salt water wont make a diffrence......its the water source.

So every well has a dangerous level of copper content, because that is need to turn your hair green?

My well has <0,01 mg/l of copper content and up to 1mg/l is considered no problem for health.

Some algaecide contains copper.

Maybe my question should have been

Has anyone any experience with salt water systems for bore holes

A saltwater system doesn't make a difference if you have a borehole or city water. In a pool you need to get the water balance right.

There are many saltwater systems available in Thailand, but expect to pay double the price of what you can buy them in Australia..

Zodiac is one of the better ones, but Hayward or Huricon are also good brands.

Thank you Anthony 5.

That is the type of information that I was hoping for

Thanks to everyone else........with "green hair" ........I still have a sense of humour (and need it)

And now my anomimity is "Blown)