Thaksin worried his sister won’t get fair trial

Lite Beer

Thaksin worried his sister won’t get fair trial

23-5-2558-16-30-07-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Ousted Prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra voiced concern about the trial of his sister Yingluck Shinawatra saying she might not get a fair trial.

Speaking to CNN’s Michael Holmes about the state of Thailand one year after a military coup in a 4.29 minute video clip, Thaksin admitted he was worried that his sister might not get a fair trial over the rice-pledging scheme.

He said his sister has been presumed of guilty before the trial, hoping that she would be given a fair trial.

Thaksin also said he wanted his supporters to stay calm and refrain from resorting to any violent mean.

Commenting on the next election that will be held after the constitution become in force, Thaksin voiced no confidence of the election if it will install democracy in the country.

He insisted that he did not do anything wrong, citing no arrest warrant has ever been issued upon him by the Interpol.

He blamed politics for his trial and was awaiting for time to return home.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thaksin-worried-his-sister-wont-get-fair-trial

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLAPCgQM0Sk

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Thaksin be more happy if the OAG gave all evidence collected to a special UN Tribune?

BTW why the need to mention this

"Thaksin also said he wanted his supporters to stay calm and refrain from resorting to any violent mean."

As for innocent since Interpol isn't looking for him, well lots of other fugitive criminals will be happy to hear this definition on who's innocent.

What a sad old man!!

Like most Thais he don't realize, that there are consequences for your actions!!

Your little sister will hopefully get the punishment, she deserves after costing the taxpayers more than 700 billion baht!!

And before starting to worry about your sisters sentence, may I suggest, you get your sorry backside back to Thailand and start to serve your own sentence!!

>>Commenting on the next election that will be held after the constitution become in force, Thaksin voiced no confidence of the election if it will install democracy in the country.<<Quote

Dear Mr T.

Try to google the word democracy.

Elected by the people, serving the country and its people

Do I need to say any more??

What a sad old man!!

Like most Thais he don't realize, that there are consequences for your actions!!

Your little sister will hopefully get the punishment, she deserves after costing the taxpayers more than 700 billion baht!!

And before starting to worry about your sisters sentence, may I suggest, you get your sorry backside back to Thailand and start to serve your own sentence!!

Thaksin's estimated worth 1.7 billion USD

One day I hope to be just as a "sad old man" as him

What a sad old man!!

If you really believe, that money can buy you happiness, you are already as sad as Mr T !!

I am 100% sure, that I with my limited means lives a richer and more fulfilling life than Mr T.

My daily small doings don't hit the headlines, but in general in am very content with my "small" life.

When was the last time, you saw Mr T smile?

Forget Thaksin Thailand !! ....... move on ...

Yeah forget the thousands murdered in his war on drugs.

Forget his attempts to buy off judges.

Forget the violence he allegedly funded when Bangkok was occupied.

Forget his culpability in the disaster that was the rice scheme, the attempts he made to subvert democratic procedures to get his amnesty, his refusal to cease his flight from justice and serve his gaol time.

Too many times have the criminal actions of leaders from the past been forgotten or swept under the carpet.

The result is the corrupt, greedy, criminally self serving politicians who know they can do as they will with very little chance of facing the consequences

What a sad old man!!

If you really believe, that money can buy you happiness, you are already as sad as Mr T !!

I am 100% sure, that I with my limited means lives a richer and more fulfilling life than Mr T.

My daily small doings don't hit the headlines, but in general in am very content with my "small" life.

Yeaa, that's what people without money tell them selves

or

what people with money tell people with out money

Mr T smiling.

Thaksin-Shinawatra-001.jpg

So tell me TV posters. Why has no arrest warrant been issued thru interpol for this man. He apparently robbed the country of billions of baht but no international arrest warrant but meanwhile the other dude from KTML or whatever it's called had an arrest warrant issued through interpol immediately. ??????

So tell me TV posters. Why has no arrest warrant been issued thru interpol for this man. He apparently robbed the country of billions of baht but no international arrest warrant but meanwhile the other dude from KTML or whatever it's called had an arrest warrant issued through interpol immediately. ??????

Personally, I think they prefer him out of Thailand, rather than return home a martyr and potential rally his supporters into fighting...

But it is something I have always wondered.

Personally, I think they prefer him out of Thailand, rather than return home a martyr and potential rally his supporters into fighting...

But it is something I have always wondered.

Exactly the same as the Philippines who happily got Marcos off the premises and left it at that. They knew he would be a problem wherever he was but not as much as actually being in the country and a very available figurehead.

Would Thaksin be more happy if the OAG gave all evidence collected to a special UN Tribune?

BTW why the need to mention this

"Thaksin also said he wanted his supporters to stay calm and refrain from resorting to any violent mean."

As for innocent since Interpol isn't looking for him, well lots of other fugitive criminals will be happy to hear this definition on who's innocent.

Throw in the Thaksin WOD at the same time.

when will they stop giving this shameless criminal moron opportunities to appear in the media?

When at last will they arrest him and put him to prison - where he belongs?

Edited by sweatalot

"He insisted that he did not do anything wrong, citing no arrest warrant has ever been issued upon him by the Interpol."

...then feel free to jump on your private jet and come on back to Thailand.

The only person stopping you is YOU.

Link to interview

Surely such a smart man as Dr. Pol Lt.Col Mr. T knows Interpol doesn't issue arrest warrants only informs members that a warrant has been issued by a member country which will immediately seek extradition upon detention. The only provisos are that the warrant must be for a crime within the Interpol charter and no member country is legally obliged to detain a wanted person.

He was just being his usual smug, arrogant self as he knows LoS has never attempted to bring him back.

What a sad old man!!

Yes, but hopefully not through murder, theft and fraud...

She may well get a fair trial but his concern isn't entirely unfounded. She may well suffer under the same lack of fairness and unbiased scrutiny that his government tried with Abhisit and Suthep. A view seemingly backed by his and the redshirts own lawyer Robert Amsterdam.

What a sad old man!!

Yes, but hopefully not through murder, theft and fraud...

Good pointsmile.png

I hope he did not do any of that,

but there are a few posters in this forum I would not mind doing away with,

possible starting with you. for pointing out the flaw in my normally flawless logic laugh.png

What a sad old man!!

Same number of times I saw Hitler smiled in photos and film clips.

"He insisted that he did not do anything wrong, citing no arrest warrant has ever been issued upon him by the Interpol."

...then feel free to jump on your private jet and come on back to Thailand.

The only person stopping you is YOU.

Link to interview

Surely such a smart man as Dr. Pol Lt.Col Mr. T knows Interpol doesn't issue arrest warrants only informs members that a warrant has been issued by a member country which will immediately seek extradition upon detention. The only provisos are that the warrant must be for a crime within the Interpol charter and no member country is legally obliged to detain a wanted person.

He was just being his usual smug, arrogant self as he knows LoS has never attempted to bring him back.

Are Thaksin talking about the same red shirt that he once said he don´t know?