Bangkok Bank SMS Account Alert service

Hopefully you still have the same phone number. Or if maybe you opened another Bangkok Bank account recently using the same number and they made a typo in entering the phone number into their system...that happened to me last year...my SMS stopped until I got "their" typo fixed. Call the bank to confirm what number they have in the system for you. Be sure to have them read it back to you.

For local debit card usage or foreign deposits? Was working for me on 21st for foreign deposit and a previous debit card payment last weekend.

Thank you for your reply. The service has always sent to my mobile phone an SMS alert when a Thai Baht ATM withdrawal was effected using my Bangkok Bank Bualuang Premier Card. Now I don't receive the alert.

Hopefully you still have the same phone number. Or if maybe you opened another Bangkok Bank account recently using the same number and they made a typo in entering the phone number into their system...that happened to me last year...my SMS stopped until I got "their" typo fixed. Call the bank to confirm what number they have in the system for you. Be sure to have them read it back to you.

Thank you for your reply. I did not change my phone number and I did not open a new account.The Service has always worked OK for years but an ATM withdrawal of last week has not been alerted to me by the usual SMS message.

Do you have the 10 baht per month paid service? Perhaps a free trial ended? The amount was below 500 baht? The free service as I have only reports payments of 1,000 baht or more when using card.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/DailyBanking/SMSAlerts/Pages/Default.aspx

Thank you. Yes I have the 10 baht per month service, My last withdrawal was of 4000 baht and it has been not reported by the usual SMS alert and I am not even receiving the various SMS reporting my present account balance. But the ATM collected 4000 baht appear regularly subtracted in the bank book..

I have had SMS message delivery issues at various times and get a bunch a few days after they had been sent so might be phone - can you get an SMS to yourself? I get few so might not notice outage until get a few old ones. BBL do have good English speaking personal so they might be able to advise if having bank issues.

• 3 months later...

Interesting........................
I've always had the sms after a withdrawal without fail but the past two weeks I haven't received the usual Monday balance update?

Anyone else experiencing the same or similar?

I have received my normal alerts on usage at stores on Saturday but this is a free service. Have never had ATM withdrawal alerts as never bothered to pay for it. Are you sure you paid? Believe they offered free on new cards for a period of time so maybe that has ended?

Is your SIM properly registered ?

Sounds to me like you got caught up in the cut off of all phones not registered that occurred recently

I just got a notification in the US using my Thai SIM card of a deposit made to my BB account two days ago, so I know that the service was working as of last Friday

Is your SIM properly registered ?

Sounds to me like you got caught up in the cut off of all phones not registered that occurred recently

I just got a notification in the US using my Thai SIM card of a deposit made to my BB account two days ago, so I know that the service was working as of last Friday

Yes, as I'm still getting all the deposit and withdrawal alerts

I don't read that you called BBL call center and asked about this. They can be quite helpful.

edit: The OP has not been on here for any update so I am guessing the issue is resolved

smile.png

I will call them as my next step, had there been others on here experiencing the same recent problem, I would then know its not an isolated case.

I have received my normal alerts on usage at stores on Saturday but this is a free service. Have never had ATM withdrawal alerts as never bothered to pay for it. Are you sure you paid? Believe they offered free on new cards for a period of time so maybe that has ended?

Yes I've paid and as mentioned, I'm still receiving deposit and withdrawal alerts

Guess I misread your post - believing you had not received alert for a withdrawal last two weeks. Have no idea what a Monday morning balance SMS is about - but seems it must be part of your pay package so they might indeed have made a change.

Guess I misread your post - believing you had not received alert for a withdrawal last two weeks. Have no idea what a Monday morning balance SMS is about - but seems it must be part of your pay package so they might indeed have made a change.

lopburi3, I too read it as him being the OP, so you are not the only one that did not catch it. He hijacked the thread by injecting the Monday morning balance SMS