CSD raids residence of former politician in Nakhon Pathom

webfact

CSD raids residence of former politician in Nakhon Pathom

29-5-2558-11-32-55-wpcf_726x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Crime Suppression Division (CSD) commandos raided several suspected crime targets in Nakhon Pathom province and seized a number of guns and ammunition from a residence of a former minister.

The simultaneous raids on 13 targets which engaged local and national politicians and influential people came in wake of rising crime rates involving use of guns in the past five months in the province where several people were killed and injured, one of them is a special branch police officer.

The predawn raid was led by Pol Col Akradej Pimolsri, acting CSD commander.

A search of a target which is the residence of Chaiya Sasomsap, former cabinet minister, produced a number of pistols, cartridges, and bulletproof jackets.

All the guns were confiscated for forensic test if they were ever used in any crimes in the past years.

The CSD police said since January this year, a total of 29 serious criminal cases happened in Nakhon Pathom.

One of the cases involved a driver of the former minister’s son who was arrested and confessed to have shot his rival dead.

Another case involving a special branch police officer killed by a random shot fired by two persons, one of them a 16-year-old youth, killing Piyasak Tiensamruay.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/csd-raids-residence-of-former-politician-in-nakhon-pathom

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-05-29

>>A search of a target which is the residence of Chaiya Sasomsap, former cabinet minister, produced a number of pistols, cartridges, and bulletproof jackets.<< Quote

With all the dubious business-dealings present and former politicians are involved in, Of course they are armed!!

And of course this crackdown was not political..............cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

PS. Mr Chaiya was Minister of Commerce under Samak.

>>A search of a target which is the residence of Chaiya Sasomsap, former cabinet minister, produced a number of pistols, cartridges, and bulletproof jackets.<< Quote

With all the dubious business-dealings present and former politicians are involved in, Of course they are armed!!

And of course this crackdown was not political..............cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Presumeably then he would have been a member of the PPP government under Samak and probably carried on under Somchai when Samak was replaced.

Whilst he may have had the guns, ammunition and bulletproof jackets, did he have licences for all the weapons and ammuntion.

We had a visit from the police and the Army early this year as they had been told by somebody that we had a war weapon at home. 2 truck loads of police and 2 more of the Army turned up with a warrant and politely asked if they could search the buildings. My wife said help yourself.

They actually found the "war weapon" in my MIL small house. In reality it was a compressed air slug gun of the same sort that you can buy in the shopping malls and bigger markets. Also it was broken.

They finished their searches and apologised for the misunderstanding and went away.

Would you say that was politically motivated as my wife voted for PTP last time around?

Edited by billd766

Presumeably then he would have been a member of the PPP government under Samak and probably carried on under Somchai when Samak was replaced.

Whilst he may have had the guns, ammunition and bulletproof jackets, did he have licences for all the weapons and ammuntion.

We had a visit from the police and the Army early this year as they had been told by somebody that we had a war weapon at home. 2 truck loads of police and 2 more of the Army turned up with a warrant and politely asked if they could search the buildings. My wife said help yourself.

They actually found the "war weapon" in my MIL small house. In reality it was a compressed air slug gun of the same sort that you can buy in the shopping malls and bigger markets. Also it was broken.

They finished their searches and apologised for the misunderstanding and went away.

Would you say that was politically motivated as my wife voted for PTP last time around?

Definitely yours was "politically motivated" ... after all, the entire country is either pro- or anti-Thaksin, and it therefore makes it much easier to think of everything in that light when < deleted >.

< satire >

Yeh whatever blah blah blah blah....

The Sasomsap family are pillars of the Nakhon Pathom community!

A career family of politicians at both national and local level.. Some of the rumours would make your ears burn!

Some of the facts got swept under the carpet!

It looks like someone lifted the rug for spring cleaning!

"Another case involving a special branch police officer killed by a random shot fired by two persons, one of them a 16-year-old youth, killing Piyasak Tiensamruay." Can anybody explain how a weapon can meet the reported action? A hand gun, a rifle, a musket, and the like are difficult for two people to use. Have used guns all my adult life and the only weapon that involved two persons were military, when I was in the R.N. Of course, the writer has left out such details, a common "error" amongst Thai reporters, as has often been commented on TVF.

In case you're wondering, PPP. Health Minister in 2008 "Chaiya, a businessman with no medical training........."

you can add a long list of politicians to that list who had no experience for the job that they were elected/promoted too.

Yeh whatever blah blah blah blah....

Typical PTP response.. can't attack the facts attack the messenger.

In case you're wondering, PPP. Health Minister in 2008 "Chaiya, a businessman with no medical training........."

I don't think it's unusual for a health minister not to have medical training.

Nor is it odd for someone from an entirely autocratic background preaching about democracy ?

"Another case involving a special branch police officer killed by a random shot fired by two persons, one of them a 16-year-old youth, killing Piyasak Tiensamruay." Can anybody explain how a weapon can meet the reported action? A hand gun, a rifle, a musket, and the like are difficult for two people to use. Have used guns all my adult life and the only weapon that involved two persons were military, when I was in the R.N. Of course, the writer has left out such details, a common "error" amongst Thai reporters, as has often been commented on TVF.

Thai language doesn't have plurals as such. Simple translation problem.

Getting hit by random shots fired by 2 shooters does seem unlucky though.