Kasikorn Bank - changing mobile phone number

I'm currently living overseas and requested a change to a new Thai mobile phone number for banking services. I completed the requested online form and was then presented with an online request to present doco at a KBank branch in Thailand. I called Customer services to advise currently overseas and what's the solution. They advised I must fax / email every page of my passport, not just the main page along with the front page of my passbook. Fine for the passbook, but has anyone had this request for every single page of your passport and is their any workaround to this onerous request, as KBank, over the phone, flatly refused to offer any other mechanism.

Thanks...

It's going to be much quicker to do what they ask then forget about it and move on.

Even if it takes you an hour or two it's better than the work around, which is travelling back to Thailand to do it in person.

The reason for their request, I imagine, is because one time passwords will be sent to the new phone.

Thai banks treat changing of a person's mobile phone number which is used for OTP ibanking use and other uses very seriously. The last time I had to update my mobile phone number with Bangkok Bank it required a visit to a Bangkok Bank branch, filling out their form for the phone number update, they made a copy of my passport & passbook, compared my signature on the update form with my passport and my signature on the passbook, and then they sent that paperwork package to a central processing point, and it took about approx 5 business days for the update to process.

Thai banks treat changing of a person's mobile phone number which is used for OTP ibanking use and other uses very seriously. The last time I had to update my mobile phone number with Bangkok Bank it required a visit to a Bangkok Bank branch, filling out their form for the phone number update, they made a copy of my passport & passbook, compared my signature on the update form with my passport and my signature on the passbook, and then they sent that paperwork package to a central processing point, and it took about approx 5 business days for the update to process.

Ok, but I went through all the identity confirmation process, including the PIN number used for ATMs. As said above looks like I have no option but to comply.