'Great Food Good Service Award 2015' launched to boost passenger satisfaction at Suvarnabhumi

webfact

'Great Food Good Service Award 2015' launched to boost passenger satisfaction at Suvarnabhumi Airport

BANGKOK, 4 June 2015 (NNT) - Suvarnabhumi Airport has teamed up with the Airports of Thailand (AOT), the Transport Ministry and King Power Suvarnabhumi Company in establishing the “Great Food Good Service Award 2015” in their joint effort to improve the quality of services in the airport, hoping to market Suvarnabhumi as the “Airport of Smiles”.

The award presentation will take place on 16 Sep 2015. It is expected to give the AOT a boon to its participation in the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Survey run by the Airports Council International (ACI). Suvarnabhumi Airport has set its goal to be one of the twenty best airports in the world by 2019.

From a total of 100 points in score for the selection of the Great Food Good Service Award winners, 70 will come from passengers’ satisfaction shown in respective questionnaires and 30 will be given by experts during 25 May - 31 August.

There are 81 candidates in the competition which is divided into the category of Restaurant Fast Food and the category of Kiosk. Among them are KIN Japanese Restaurant & Ramen, S&P, Silom Village, Burger King, Starbucks Coffee. Shops with the highest score will be presented with Gold Award with a THB30,000 prize, followed by Silver Award and Bronze Award with THB20,000 and THB10,000 prizes respectively.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-04 footer_n.gif

This award programme will not improve the quality of food at such places as Burger King, Starbucks, and the like so this is a futile attempt to gain praise for non-quality foods at the airport. Why present money to companies based upon "customer" satisfaction because it will not make the place the predicted “Airport of Smiles”?

nuf sed

Edited by wotsdermatter

They would be better off getting rid of the vile Burger King and replacing it with an outlet that sold Thai prepared fruits and vegetables. The last thing travelers need are the high sodium, high fat, low quality, products sold at BK. Thailand has some awesome products that tourists never see or try because they are never given the opportunity to try them properly.

I used to like the food court on the ground floor but that has become a bit of a war zone. So for the few hours that I spend at BKK before departing or arriving and then waiting for the domestic flight out, the 7-11 or Family Mart do just fine.

They would be better off getting rid of the vile Burger King and replacing it with an outlet that sold Thai prepared fruits and vegetables. The last thing travelers need are the high sodium, high fat, low quality, products sold at BK. Thailand has some awesome products that tourists never see or try because they are never given the opportunity to try them properly.

Last time I ate BK at an airport, I felt ill immediately after. I believe, according to Webster's, that crapola is not even considered food. If only the onion rings didn't smell so GOOD!

sad.png

Edited by quandow

Seems to me the whole focus is wrong.

Who visits a restaurant at any airport to eat 'award winning food', at very high prices?

When departing or arriving most passengers have many things on their mind, but it's not 'award winning meals at an airport. In fact most times I guess, in terms of food, it's not much more than a sandwich or something like a good healthy snack.

Fixing obvious security breaches and very long passport queues is surely of more importance.

I suspect

1. '....fastest passport check in and out in Asia....' would impress more than award winning meals.

2. A bit more courtesy & guarantee of no theft at final baggage, more & obvious cameras aimed at the working area / hands of the baggage check staff would impress.

Edited by scorecard