MNRE to develop national parks to cope with tourism growth

MNRE to develop national parks to cope with tourism growth

BANGKOK, 6 June 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment (MNRE) is improving national parks nationwide to accommodate the growth of tourism in parallel with natural conservation, said a DNP official.

The Department of National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP) Director-General, Nipon Chotibal, has revealed that the MNRE is now gearing up the improvement of national parks to accommodate the increasing number of tourists, especially foreigners, visiting the natural tourism attractions in Thailand.

According to him, the natural parks' condition has been deteriorating due to tourism activities, mainly in the marine tourism attractions where corals and marine life have been affected. Therefore, the development of the attractions must go hand in hand with the restoration of natural resources.

The improvement of national parks will include better regulations of the parks such as the visiting fees, revision of the opening time of the islands, and the prevention of waste water released by hotels and resorts from contaminating seawater.

The DNP Director-General has said that opinions from all sectors have been taken into consideration for the improvement of the national parks.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-06 footer_n.gif

" The improvement of National Parks will include better regulation of the parks , such as the visitors fees ...... ".

So basically, the entrance fees proposed by the government several months ago, of 10 times the fee of a Thai for entrance to the park by a Farang, ( Foreigner ) will be written in stone now.

LOS = Land of Scams

" The improvement of National Parks will include better regulation of the parks , such as the visitors fees ...... ".

So basically, the entrance fees proposed by the government several months ago, of 10 times the fee of a Thai for entrance to the park by a Farang, ( Foreigner ) will be written in stone now.

LOS = Land of Scams

You ever been to a national park ? No probably not.

The emphasis seems to be on the marine national parks which I haven't visited for many years but from reports are getting increasing numbers of tourists (Chinese tour groups) and do need protecting and if I understand correctly most of these have never charged fees.

As far as the land based parks are concerned, which I do visit often, some have excellent facilities others have been somewhat neglected although this is possibly a funding and management thing as the staff on the ground are always friendly and helpful . We usually avoid the most popular parks preferring the less visited places, these get the most visitors on weekends and holidays and most are Thai.

These parks are excellent value and great places, as far as fees go I pay the same as Thai, an example; last week we spent 3 nights at Taksin Maharat National Park cost 30b each entry, 30b for the car and 30b per night to camp. Total cost for 3 nights 240b.

Where in the world could you get a better deal which included good toilets and showers, lights at night if wanted, plugs to charge batteries and freedom come and go as we pleased.

LOS = Land of Scams

You ever been to a national park ? No probably not.

The emphasis seems to be on the marine national parks which I haven't visited for many years but from reports are getting increasing numbers of tourists (Chinese tour groups) and do need protecting and if I understand correctly most of these have never charged fees.

As far as the land based parks are concerned, which I do visit often, some have excellent facilities others have been somewhat neglected although this is possibly a funding and management thing as the staff on the ground are always friendly and helpful . We usually avoid the most popular parks preferring the less visited places, these get the most visitors on weekends and holidays and most are Thai.

These parks are excellent value and great places, as far as fees go I pay the same as Thai, an example; last week we spent 3 nights at Taksin Maharat National Park cost 30b each entry, 30b for the car and 30b per night to camp. Total cost for 3 nights 240b.

Where in the world could you get a better deal which included good toilets and showers, lights at night if wanted, plugs to charge batteries and freedom come and go as we pleased.

you ever lived in thailand prop not take those rosy glasses of short stayer