Thai govt rushes to pacify Hong Kong over concern on tumeric-soaked durian

webfact

Day after day this country continues to loose credibility in almost every aspect of daily life. Devoid of a moral or social compass.

Quote "Farmers and exporters have to be aware of this warning to not use any substance that is forbidden by import countries or else it will affect the reputation of Thai fruit and affect the country's exports," she said. Fruit reputation must be about the last one left

For sure with the Farmers, that will go in one ear and out the other, Safety of consumers ???? Why would that be of interest, can I just get the money, and let's forget about the consequences......

Now what's crossing my mind, do they do the same for the Thai Markets ??? If so, that's me finished eating it.....

It seems Thais are not happy unless they overload there food with either Sugar, Syrup or Salt, which is all extremely bad for your health....., and let's just chuck in a can of Carnation milk for,good measure......

Hmmm, looks like you could have a 'small' problem there Robert, if you're gonna quit eating durian because of a bit of tumeric ( which is very healthy ) and other chemicals. No doubt, the "other" chemicals might be a bit worrisome. Sooo, are you also thinking about giving up 'altered' pineapples, watermelons that have been grown using growth hormone? Then of course the melons have to be injected with a chemical to bring up the colour and sweet taste. How about longans and mangos, the trees which have been chemically treated to make them flower early ( can get the fruit to the market ahead of everyone else ) potatoes, grown north of here, which are sprayed with who knows how many chemicals, and strawberries, which are sprayed with up to THIRTY TWO different chemicals. And let's not forget the bananas, some of which are treated with ethylene, and some that are manipulated with some tricky MICROWAVE "stuff." And then there's the GMO'd cotton grown over Loei way. Yeah well, you probably wouldn't eat cotton ( but who knows? Long time ago a fella ate his hat because he lost a bet ) but you might wear it. And let's not forget MSG. It is also a chemical. And it's in everything over here that is edible, and in a lot of things that are not edible. Could look on the bright side though. If you're overweight, and quit eating all this chemically laden/treated food, then, along with a bit of the right type of exercise you're bound to take off a few pounds. ( but over this way I suppose it would be...a few kilos )

I couldnt believe the price of durrian this year! I paid 350baht at a fruit festival for a piece that had more pipes (stones, seeds) than flesh. I was told it was the best tasting durrian so i had to try, to my surprise it was no differnt to the piece i had in khon khen a week earlier.

For sure with the Farmers, that will go in one ear and out the other, Safety of consumers ???? Why would that be of interest, can I just get the money, and let's forget about the consequences......

Now what's crossing my mind, do they do the same for the Thai Markets ??? If so, that's me finished eating it.....

It seems Thais are not happy unless they overload there food with either Sugar, Syrup or Salt, which is all extremely bad for your health....., and let's just chuck in a can of Carnation milk for,good measure......

Now what's crossing my mind, do they do the same for the Thai Markets ??? If so, that's me finished eating it..

I recall a survey a couple of years back (or so) where food for sale in farmers markets in Thailand was shown to be some of the most heavily contaminated of all so called "fresh" food. And to top that some foods labelled organic, thereby fetching a higher price, were no different !!