Motorbike insurance

prepress

I wonder what you all pay for insurance.

My insurance for Yamaha Nuovo is expired. To renew it they want about 800 THB/year.

4 years ago I payed 430 THB.

The name of my insurance is 'Poraboo'. Not sure if the english writing is correct.

What insurances are you using?

pp

Maybe you should specify what kind of insurance as there is a hand full. From the minimum mandatory one to first class it's a broad range of coverage and price.

Maybe you ment Por Ror Bor instead of Poraboo? That's the compulsory minimum insurance to be able to legally ride and can be purchased from the DLT.

800 seems a bit steep for Por Ror Bor for a scooter. Could be you just got the falang price :) Where did you buy yours?

Yes, I paid 645.21 for Por Ror Bor on both my CBR 250 last year when I renewed it and on my CBR 650 this year when I bought the bike.

There is also a 100 Baht annual fee for the tax disc. If you put the two together then it is getting closer to 800 Baht.

Real insurance costs a lot more though. I think I paid about 10,000 Baht for first class insurance on my CBR 650 through Liberty Mutual.

op, that's overpriced for just the compulsory minimum insurance on that bike. When I renewed the compulsory insurance and tax on my Wave 125 a couple months ago it was only about 300 baht for the insurance and 100 for the tax. I paid for the insurance at the department of land transport at the same time as I paid the tax. Or is that 800 baht the price for the insurance+tax from one of these local shops that goes to the DLT for you?

Keep in mind that's just minimum liability coverage and it isn't really good for very much. For my CBR I have first class insurance through Lockton (about 8000/year).

Yes, I paid 645.21 for Por Ror Bor on both my CBR 250 last year when I renewed it and on my CBR 650 this year when I bought the bike.

There is also a 100 Baht annual fee for the tax disc. If you put the two together then it is getting closer to 800 Baht.

Real insurance costs a lot more though. I think I paid about 10,000 Baht for first class insurance on my CBR 650 through Liberty Mutual.

I paid 6.500 Bt for first class insurance with Tokiyo Marine, I got it along with the bike about four weeks ago, I think that

Tokiyo marine only insure Hondas.

I paid 6.500 Bt for first class insurance with Tokiyo Marine, I got it along with the bike about four weeks ago, I think that

That's quite good. Thanks for that. Maybe I'll look into them when it's time for me to renew next year. Did you contact them directly or go through a broker or motorcycle shop?

That's quite good. Thanks for that. Maybe I'll look into them when it's time for me to renew next year. Did you contact them directly or go through a broker or motorcycle shop?

The guy, an American who runs the Honda agency in Nonthaburi arranged it for me when I bought the bike.

Hope you get the insurance OK. if you have any problems, PM me, as I know another company that may suit you.