Hua Hin for a Triathlete?

trisod

Early retire plan to relocate to Hua Hin,but would like to hear what they with experience living in Hua Hin have regarding swimming (mostly pool workouts),

riding a road bike from 1-4 hours,2-3 times a week and hopefully areas in Hua Hin to do both run intervals and long runs up to two hours.

Thanks,

trisod

Sport Villa has a decent size pool in terms of length and is pretty cheap to use, although most of the Tri guys I know swim in the sea.

I belong to the Hua Hin roadies bike club we normally have a choice of 3 or 4 100km road bike rides a week at about an average speed of 30kph.

The beach from Kao Takiab to Kao Tao is good to run on and is about 15K if you run the entire length and back. No decent parks to run in but you can run in the evening and morning at the Kings palace about an 800 metre circuit pretty popular with joggers and walkers.

Thank you for valuable information, this looks promising. I allow me a few more questions, is the pool you mention so much as 25 meter long and where do the Hua Hin roadies meet up before a ride?

Thanhs

trisod ☺

No I don't think its 25 metres I guess about 20 but in the daytime during the week it is deserted at this time of year. Haven't seen more than 1 or 2 people in it for ages.

It sort of depends where we are riding if we are riding South to Kao sam roi yod we meet at the Tesco near the new water park. West to Palu-u we meet at Big C Hin Lek Fai and North to Cha-am we meet at the old immigration. There is a Facebook site where the rides are posted with start time, place, av speed etc page is called Hua Hin Roadies.

HI There

If I may add

I am a very keen sports guy

the best pool in the area is actually in SAM ROI YOD there is a resort that has a 100m swim pool and a small gym

Cycling to in that area is by far the best …safer

longer routes better scenary

I licie in the area its 25 km south of hua hin

a great place to live empty roads , good beaches its a perfect location for your sports needs

PM for more info

They used to have a pretty large annual even in Pranburi, Sam Roi Yad. The swim left from the front of the Evasons Resort. Great Area for biking. Nice ride from Khal kalok to the city of Prachuabkhirikhan thru the national park and along the coast.....

...but you can run in the evening and morning at the Kings palace about an 800 metre circuit pretty popular with joggers and walkers.

I have seen this park from outside : you say in the morning ? what time and where is the entrance ? I though it was not permitted for us "normal people "

thanks !

...but you can run in the evening and morning at the Kings palace about an 800 metre circuit pretty popular with joggers and walkers.

I have seen this park from outside : you say in the morning ? what time and where is the entrance ? I though it was not permitted for us "normal people "

thanks !

In the morning it's 05-30-07-30 the entrance is found by turning towards the beach at the traffic lights (left if coming from Cha-Am, right if coming from Hua Hin) about 100 metres down there is the entrance a small gate with a security hut. Anyone can use the track providing they are appropriately dressed, women can not wear shorts but men can and you have Id, driving license etc.

it must be at Petchkasem 35, but it must be an ID, the soldier. But it is very monotonous, turn around the park several times boff !!!

women must be covered from shoulders to feet.

But the hours were all day, since I was going to 16 hours.

Otherwise, running, biking (with well notched tires) on the beach and swim. Regularly, you have athletes who are training from 6 H 30 in the morning.hit-the-fan.gif

I would suggest that you look at Palm Hills. They have a big pool +- 50 m and you can run on the estate without the hazard of getting run over. There are a number of bike clubs that ride on a regular basis.

Do you happen to know the membership prices there?

Edited by trisod