Cotton Bedsheets

gennisis

A number of posters have asked about cotton bedsheets. For anyone interested I bought today at Home Pro 100% cotton Satin 360 thread count sheets for my 5ft Queen bed 1750Baht. I had also looked into the bedding place many had suggested but they only had White cotton sheets at 2500 baht,

I went to the shop out in Baan Tawai as suggested by PGraham. Purchased a king fitted and king flat sheet, price was just under 2000 baht. 100 percent cotton but only white. Dont know the thread count but they do feel good. And its so nice to have a top sheet again when the duvet becomes just too warm.

King Duvet cover was around 2000 baht but didnt check pillowslip prices.

I have purchased at Home Pro also. I normally buy 500 thread count sheets or better in the U.,S. and take them to Chiang Mai. But I've had the house for 7 years and I need more sheets. I like Home Pro's long pillow cases for the body pillow. Have you tried the internet shopping service?

Best luck hunting them down.

what kind of sheets are best for keeping comfortable, and cool? I find the sheets here really expensive, and there is about zero information online about this. I prefer to sleep with a comforter / sheets even though it is uncomfortably hot... something more breathable/cool would be great.

Ikea, Bangkok.

Best value. Take a trip and load up on bedding and kitchen stuff smile.png

There are services that will ship your purchases to Chiang Mai for you. Have friends who use them.. but I made the trip myself.

Their catalogue is available online.

Edited by kilt

I don't know why cotton bedding is so expensive in Thailand when compared to such stuff in UK. I visit annually & always bring back good quality clothing/bedding for half the price of similar quality here.

The blends turn you into a sweat box on hot or humid nights.....most of the box stores carry blends + even their 100% cotton bedding is like 2nd rate.....I wasted a lot of money here looking for quality over a number of years <that's why I was very happy to have found the place that supplies the good hotels in Baan Tawai - Hoteliers won't buy short term/lasting - uncomfortable stuff or short sized stuff - alot of that here - they go for cost, uniformity, durability, ability to launder forever and of course - comfort>

Thread count is the threads in the material/weave usually the higher count the better - but that is all subjective - ever buy a good looking shirt that hangs all wrong like and unshaped after a wear or 2?

Same applies here - finding good quality long lasting linens is harder to do here......

A number of posters have asked about cotton bedsheets. For anyone interested I bought today at Home Pro 100% cotton Satin 360 thread count sheets for my 5ft Queen bed 1750Baht. I had also looked into the bedding place many had suggested but they only had White cotton sheets at 2500 baht,

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=satin+versus+sateen&oq=sat&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l2.9956j0j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8