O-A visa end of first year question

Good afternoon folks,

I have had a trawl through the myriad of posts relating to this subject and think I understand what I need to do, but just want to check and have some re-assurance so that I do not balls things up.

I am a 54 yr old english guy with a Non-immigrant O-A multi-entry visa in my passport. The visa was issued on 21 Aug 2014 and I entered Thailand on 13 Nov 2014.

It is my understanding that I will need to leave and re-enter Thailand before 20 Aug 2015 in order to gain another year of entitlement to stay. I plan to go out of Thailand next month for approx 3 days to KL and return on about 15 Aug 2015, thereby gaining another year. (I will be sure to check that when I come back into the country the passport control/Immigration at Don Muang have given me a stamp for 1 year).

Upon my return to Thailand I will go to my local immigration office in Hua Hin and pay for a re-entry permit (multiple entry) to cover me for any subsequent trips I make out of the country during the period Aug 2015 to Aug 2016.

My question is: Is there anything I have missed or overlooked? Any tips on doing this end of first year exercise better than my proposed approach.

In anticipation, many thanks. This is always a stressful time and I do not want to take one step forward and through my stupidity find I have taken 3 steps back. So a personalised reply is what I am after rather than rely on responses given to others. Thanks again.

OA your visa is valid until November 2015 (see exact date on the buffer).

For the extension, simply justify 800,000 baht, 3 months prior to November 2015, but without leaving the country. (What I do every year in Hua Hin)

For security reasons, block the end of July 2015, 800,000 baht, and for 3 months preceding the application for extension.

Sorry for English. I am more comfortable in French, Italian or Arabic.

You are aware of the requirements to make 90 day address reports if you ever stay that long without leaving? Other than that seems good. As you know your visa is only valid for one year from the issued date on the visa of 21 Aug. And yes you can obtain a new one year stay on any entry before that date.

For the extension, simply justify 800,000 baht, 3 months prior to November 2015, but without leaving the country. (What I do every year in Hua Hin)
For security reasons, block the end of July 2015, 800,000 baht, and for 3 months preceding the application for extension.

This would be a plan if the OP didn't want to leave the country.

But he'd be "wasting" a year's life from his O-A visa. Perhaps he doesn't want to have to bring 800,000 baht into the country just yet. With a simple border run -- actually a quick trip, not a three day excursion to KL would work -- he avoids having to bring funds into Thailand for another 10 months. The funds have to age just 60 days ahead of the first extension, 90 days for subsequent extensions.

Wrong

The OP has a OA visa not an extension of stay. He can just make a border crossing and return to get another year of stay.

Also when he does his first extension in August of 2016 the money would only need to be in the bank for 60 days.

I did something similar, and stayed in Myanmar about 15 minutes. The Thai Immigration officer was even pleased that I was doing something so simple. They've heard it all. Like you said, just make sure the guy gives you the full year. I think I handed it to him with the page of the visa open. I brought the money over in 200K chunks, and while the USD is stronger today, I have been getting 3.2% interest on it. Averaging is a better way than pure gambling.