Pakistani supermodel freed from jail after being caught with US$500,000 in cash

webfact

Top Pakistani model accused of carrying cash freed from jail

ISLAMABAD (AP) — A top Pakistani model Ayaan Ali was freed from a high-security jail near the capital Thursday, four months after she was caught trying to fly to Dubai with half a million dollars in cash stashed in her luggage, a defense lawyer said.

Ali, 21, has been in the government custody since March when authorities nabbed her at the VIP lounge of Islamabad's airport.

Under Pakistani laws, no one can carry over $10,000 on a flight, but authorities found $506,800 tucked into her luggage at the time.

On Thursday, Ali's lawyer, Latif Khosa, said his client was freed from the Adyala Jail in Rawalpindi, a city near Islamabad.

"Yes, I can confirm that Ayaan Ali has been freed under an order from the Lahore High Court," Khosa told The Associated Press.

He said the court granted bail to Ali on Tuesday but the model was released on Thursday after her paperwork was completed.

Ali has been the focus of intense Pakistani media attention since authorities caught her on March 14.

Ali mostly remained tight-lipped during court hearings but her lawyer insisted that she didn't want to take money outside Pakistan.

Khosa said Ali will attend any future court hearings, if she is summoned by the judge.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-07-17

I am amazed the phantom bag packer has struck again. First it was Lahore International, then Narita.

Whether its models with money or coppers with guns. This guy doesn't care the model didn't want to remove the money from the country.

I am only sorry the guy doesn't visit me and stick a sneeky 1/2 mil in my bags. What a Bstard. I'd show him by keeping the money and staying where I was until I banked it.

'Ali will attend future court hearings, if she is ordered to do so by the judge.'

If???

My god the phantom has struck again. Can you guess which bag he targeted this time?

Here's a pic of Ali - maybe in her prison cell? who knows

300913,xcitefun-versatile-ayyan-ali-styl

Edited by Manbing

her lawyer insisted that she didn't want to take money outside Pakistan.

so she was forced to do it.

Probably too big a hassle to pack all that cash plus it displaced a goodly portion of her wardrobe an unmentionables (not that she really needs a large one - wardrobe, that is).

her lawyer insisted that she didn't want to take money outside Pakistan.

so she was forced to do it.

No. She probably put the cash in her luggage to keep it safe at home and simply forgot about it. Of course she can prove the source(s) of every dollar.

She probably had no intention to use the cash.

All be forgotten. In custody since March, lucky warden.

This is an awful lot of cash for a photo shoot. Impressive.

Maybe she has a night job cash only no credit cards. What is the going rate for a super model anyways?

This is the kind of comment that annoys me. Whenever a male person is arrested for something like this no one accuses him of having a night job in the boys bars.

She is a very attractive girl. I would not like to speculate who the owner of the money was but my guess is not her.

Edited by harrry

Maybe she has a night job cash only no credit cards. What is the going rate for a super model anyways?

Funny. About 20,000 to 60,000 baht, for an evening, from what I am told.

This is the kind of comment that annoys me. Whenever a male person is arrested for something like this no one accuses him of having a night job in the boys bars.

She is a very attractive girl. I would not like to speculate who the owner of the money was but my guess is not her.

Yes its disgusting to presume this is a woman who sells her body for money.

She is probably a philosopher who just does a bit of modelling on the side.

People should not look at these sad people for their looks, its pure objectification.

The reason they are called supermodels is that sure they can take a good photo,

but they also fight crime in their spare time.

Can't you respect her for that?

My god where's the humanity?

Yes its disgusting to presume this is a woman who sells her body for money.

She is probably a philosopher who just does a bit of modelling on the side.

People should not look at these sad people for their looks, its pure objectification.

The reason they are called supermodels is that sure they can take a good photo,

but they also fight crime in their spare time.

Can't you respect her for that?

My god where's the humanity?

Said with a wry smile whistling.gif

I think the real news is : Pakistan has supermodels !! ?

Aren't female models stoned ( as in rocks thrown at them) ?

Supermodels ??

It just goes to show that watching Fox News is not very good for general knowledge of what it's really like out in the real world.

Ah, my chubby one, how crass to insinuate she may be a lady of the night. A better story may be she had no idea her lover, a powerful Pakistani politician, had stuffed the going away present in her luggage when she left that morning.

Supermodels ??

Yes they are,

that's why thy require super powers, to avoid all the stones thrown at them . unfortunately they have poor math skills,

$10,000? $500,000 so picky over a small mathematical error, the girl just needed some walking around money.

Supermodels ??

I think you are thinking of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Afghanistan, and a few other barbarous nations, that are firmly locked into the 13th century. Pakistan is a bit more progressive. Despite the gang rapist (so called religious) zealots who attempt to bring the place down to it's knees. You might want to consider reading up on he region, once in a while.

Edited by spidermike007

Supermodels ??

It just goes to show that watching Fox News is not very good for general knowledge of what it's really like out in the real world.

Dude , I don't watch Fox news. Haven't even got a TV. TV & MSM news is so last century.

Supermodels ??

The regional differences within Pakistan are dramatic. In the big city, the elite live a very westernized lifestyle, they go to school, university, are models and movie stars and dress exactly how they please. Whereas in the tribal areas they live under Shari'a law, rarely go to school, wear burqas and are never ever things like models. Pakistan is a very diverse place, do not judge the entire place on the imposed medieval lifestyle of the North West Territories.