Farangs and large tattoos: ugly or lovely?

I donot have tattoos or do l like them. But have young relatives male and female who have them of all fashion. The thing that bothers me about tattoos is they are permanent. When these kids are old they maynot want to be reminded of why or how they had the tattoos printed on their bodies or may have regrets but will still have them. All generation rebel in the 50's the James Dean look,The 60's long hair and beards etc. The thing about these forms of rebellion is change the hair change the clothes and if no pictures who knows what happened in a persons youth. Tattoos will still be inked when the retire no getting away from them.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheryl coles tattoo,

your not telling me you would kick her out of bed because of this,,,lol

some people

I would. That's totally gross

you must be the handum man i here lives in thailand,

In his own imagination one suspects, in the same delusions as the Bentley in the aiconditioned garage in Lancaster gate LOL

cheryl coles tattoo,

some people

In his own imagination one suspects, in the same delusions as the Bentley in the aiconditioned garage in Lancaster gate LOL

No one to play with on your tumbleweed

-infested big muppet club forum? LOL

cheryl coles tattoo,

some people

No one to play with on your tumbleweed

-infested big muppet club forum? LOL

I missed your bileous angry posts YS

Wow, well just look at you -

combining "bileous" [sic] with

"angry" in a sentence

Teaching English this week YS LOL

I'm so impressed at how you've

updated up your repertoire.

Wow, well just look at you -

combining "bileous" [sic] with

"angry" in a sentence

Teaching English this week YS LOL

I'm so impressed at how you've

updated up your repertoire.

So glad you approve dear boy

Personally do not care for them.....Never dated a woman that had any - and wouldn't especially in LOS....Really don't like or understand people that arm sleeve thing or people that cover their bodies with them - they used to be touted in carnivals snd circuses as freaks......

In some societies it's considered a character flaw while OK in others....

Tend to be open minded but

certainly wouldn't purposely walk into an eatablishment to greet/mix with people if they were all covered with tats....

I imagine some folks can decipher what all the messages/meanings/affiliations are.....

To me they pretty much all look the same + seem to share the same dress code.....

I donot have tattoos or do l like them. But have young relatives male and female who have them of all fashion. The thing that bothers me about tattoos is they are permanent. When these kids are old they maynot want to be reminded of why or how they had the tattoos printed on their bodies or may have regrets but will still have them. All generation rebel in the 50's the James Dean look,The 60's long hair and beards etc. The thing about these forms of rebellion is change the hair change the clothes and if no pictures who knows what happened in a persons youth. Tattoos will still be inked when the retire no getting away from them.

"Tattoos will still be inked when they retire no getting away from them."

I think you miss the point. Being old is for old people and they weren't born into the old people group. They are the young people. Being old is for losers. The old people weren't born but rather just exist in a space of their own - fixtures. These young people are frozen into the young people group as they have been since they were born. Don't try to talk to them about getting old because it will be 500 years before that happens to them and they will be dead by then.

Cheers.

Personally do not care for them.....Never dated a woman that had any - and wouldn't especially in LOS....Really don't like or understand people that arm sleeve thing or people that cover their bodies with them - they used to be touted in carnivals snd circuses as freaks......

In some societies it's considered a character flaw while OK in others....

Tend to be open minded but

certainly wouldn't purposely walk into an eatablishment to greet/mix with people if they were all covered with tats....

I imagine some folks can decipher what all the messages/meanings/affiliations are.....

To me they pretty much all look the same + seem to share the same dress code.....

What "messages"?

Something like 99,99999% of all humans on this planet with tattoos are normal people and not part of some, like you seem to think, criminal gang or other suspicious elements. Maybe time to take a time machine and get to the year 2015 and stop living in 1950?

"Tattoos will still be inked when they retire no getting away from them."

I think you miss the point. Being old is for old people and they weren't born into the old people group. They are the young people. Being old is for losers. The old people weren't born but rather just exist in a space of their own - fixtures. These young people are frozen into the young people group as they have been since they were born. Don't try to talk to them about getting old because it will be 500 years before that happens to them and they will be dead by then.

Cheers.

Half right mate. Being old is for old people. The point being most people who get tattoos, as I stated, couldn't give a rats about others opinion and they also couldn't give a rats about what their tattoos will look like when they are older. When your old your old. The furthest thing from my mind at that stage will be how my tattoo's look I can assure you. No need to get snarly cos your not young any morethumbsup.gif

Have you looked at the thai women lately some of em are worse and they think they look pretty NOT.

Personally i don't like the "Buddha tattoos" but other tattoos, if they were done by a skillful tattooer (is that a word?) are damn sexy on a woman. But then again, tattoos being sexy or not is entirely in the eyes of the beholder.

What on earth is the fascination with large body tattoos, esp for the farangs who come to T'land? Dark, swirling shapes up the legs starting at the ankle, the arms from shoulder to wrist covered with permanent messages of religious devotion or luv, necks with snakes, back, chest........all may be filled with black or coloured tattoos. And i'm not talking of kids but adults, like over age 25 who, one might think, have a working brain.

I see some young folks with rings in the nose, lip, tongue, eyelid (true); have heard of nipple, and labia rings (never seen) but gotta figure those people are desperate for attention and self-acceptance.

Any insights on this kind of body disfiguration, both tattoos and piercings. The old women esp, IMO, really ugly but many men too. The old Marine with King Neptune on his bicep i can easily understand. The old woman with the large black snake shape descending from her inner thigh down to her ankle, I turn away from such choices.

Some people prefer to be individuals in life and like to stand out from the crowd.

Tattoos actually date back hundreds of years and were a tribal thing making people aware of which tribe you belonged to.

Not all people are clean cut,you only live once,what others choose to do certainly shouldn't be any concern of yours.

The fact is though these days tatoos dont make anyone stand out in the crowd as the vast majority of the crowd have also had tatoo's done to make them stand out from the crowd LOL

Uniform individuality.

cheryl coles tattoo,

some people

No he need the space in the bed for Bikey...

It's a personal thing. Body art & decoration has been practiced since the beginning of time. Different strokes for different folks.

Especially by criminals, rich sports stars and low life trailer trash.

So jacky, which category do you put me in ? I have 4 small tatts, only one visible when I'm dressed. First one when I was 55 & last one at 65, I'm now 66. Don't for one minute regret any of them.

I have no criminal record... I'm certainly not rich or a sports star... & I don't live in a trailer.

Reading your comment, an old saying comes to mind....... You don't need a long neck to be a goose.

There are 2 types of people in the world, those who have a tattoo and those who do not.

The only difference between these 2 groups is, those who have a tattoo don't get all uptight about those who do not.

And those who do not, well, see previous posts.

By, the way, I have a lot of ink.

Seems to me the non tat brigade have hit a nerve here.

Perhaps the people with tats can explain why they have to show them off?

Personally I hate tats. Up to you if you want them but keep them out of my face.

By the same token can you please refrain from wearing white socks with your sandals to beach and those Chang wife beaters on a old farang with the big buddah medallion just look plain silly, and lest not get into discussing your walking shorts

Pray tell how are people putting tattoos in your face, unless of course your referring to your favourite BG's LOL

Edited by Soutpeel

I've never met anyone with a Tramp Stamp who can walk n chew gum

Funny that, i know of 3 thai ladies who have tattoo's one happens to a be a dentist at one of the international hospitals and the other 2 ladies are master degree level Engineers ;)

So much for very simplistic only BG's have tatoos expert opinion from TV finest resident experts on all things Thai :rolleyes: