Cheeky Carpark Attendant

Sawan Chan 7

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bent out of shape over a yam, what astonishes me is you are worried about being called old with a shitty car and if anything should concern you, it is his seeming over-familiarity with your daughter.

but then i dont know how old you are, how old the kid is or what kind of beater you drive.

Just read the kid is 15, i'd certainly keep an eye on him and have a word with the administration if he persists in his attentions.

Edited by HooHaa

To be honest after I read your post I straight away thought that you need to seek anger management classes.

Why would you want start an argument that could escalate just because he asked your daughter what your age was ... who cares !!!

why get emotional and angry over something as frivolous as that ... who cares if he said to buy a new car ... maybe he's a joking type of person ...

Just laugh with him !! ...... clap2.gif ask him where's his car !

He's being rude and I feel that I need to put him in his place if for nothing else to show him we are not all idiots.

"Put him in his place".... You mean that because you are Old with a Crappy car your need to make sure this guy understands he's below you in the pecking order?

Seems like an insecurity issue to me... Seriously... drop the ego and grow up, just enjoy dropping your daughter off at school....

bent out of shape over a yam, what astonishes me is you are worried about being called old with a shitty car and if anything should concern you, it is his seeming over-familiarity with your daughter.

but then i dont know how old you are, how old the kid is or what kind of beater you drive.

Just read the kid is 15, i'd certainly keep an eye on him and have a word with the administration if he persists in his attentions.

I am very nearly 60 and my car is not that old - 11 years but still worth 1 million baht.

To be honest after I read your post I straight away thought that you need to seek anger management classes.

Why would you want start an argument that could escalate just because he asked your daughter what your age was ... who cares !!!

why get emotional and angry over something as frivolous as that ... who cares if he said to buy a new car ... maybe he's a joking type of person ...

He's being rude and I feel that I need to put him in his place if for nothing else to show him we are not all idiots.

"Put him in his place".... You mean that because you are Old with a Crappy car your need to make sure this guy understands he's below you in the pecking order?

Seems like an insecurity issue to me... Seriously... drop the ego and grow up, just enjoy dropping your daughter off at school....

For the 3rd time my car is not crappy and I am not that old. Maybe the Buddha would say to ignore him but I am not enlightened.

Say "me hab caaah, you haab motosai" and laugh a dirty laugh smile.png

Why would he speak in pidgin if he can speak Thai?

OP. Speak to him direct as he is being very rude as he thinks you are a clueless farang.He would never do this to a Thai guy. Saying nothing would be like bending over and taking it up the arse.

Think what message would be relayed to your kid if you say nothing.

My Thai is good enough to say what I would want to.

I might speak directly to his as you suggest, I agree with you, thanks.

I don;t care if it escalates, why should I fear a car park attendant?

Very childish, You should care.... you obviously don't care about getting into a fight with someone you believe unworthy of comment....

.... think how others would look up on your daughter if 'it escalates'...

You're already coming across as someone a little unstable... if I were a parent at the same school and witnessed 'escalation' (in the manner of a fight) with a Car Park attendant I'd be taking steps to ensure my child avoided yours...

Really... are you not capable of letting go of something this simple and childish ?

i will go to him and tell him to mind his business,,,,, my car, my kids,are not your business ....then I will go and complain about him,to the management of the school ..a,,,,s holes like that should not work there ,...beatdeadhorse.gif

Nice thanks, I might do that.

Not hit him with a stick lol

I think I'll tell him not to speak to my daughter again.

For the 3rd time my car is not crappy and I am not that old. Maybe the Buddha would say to ignore him but I am not enlightened.

Fair enough - How old are you and what car do you drive? (Edit - OK, 60 years old)

Any idea why the guard might say that ?

---

Its still pretty much irrelevant anyway - you've allowed someone to push your buttons, you need far thicker skin than this to relax and enjoy living in any country...

Unless of course, you are simply using this forum as a means to vent a little minor frustration, in which case, fair enough...

Edited by richard_smith237

Say "me hab caaah, you haab motosai" and laugh a dirty laugh smile.png

Why would he speak in pidgin if he can speak Thai?

OP. Speak to him direct as he is being very rude as he thinks you are a clueless farang.He would never do this to a Thai guy. Saying nothing would be like bending over and taking it up the arse.

Think what message would be relayed to your kid if you say nothing.

My Thai is good enough to say what I would want to.

I might speak directly to his as you suggest, I agree with you, thanks.

I don;t care if it escalates, why should I fear a car park attendant?

So you feel confident enough to take on this "lowly" car park attendant. Real man you are.

Approach the person who runs the school, tell them this moron is asking your daughter personal questions about your family. He has no cause to do so. In fact, he has no cause speaking to your daughter at all outside of his duties. It's just another case of "ha-ha, let's have a laugh on the farang." You may also hint that you are questioning whether he is taking a personal interest in your daughter. Don't approach him directly, no need to lower yourself.

If nothing else, tell your daughter not to speak to him outside of his duties. He is a parking attendant, not a school administrator.

The downside to this is he may lose his job and go psycho over being demeaned by a farang.

Your not gonna like this and I hate to burst your bubble... but if your 60 and your car is 11 then your both pretty old. At 60 you may look and feel and act much younger but your old mate, face it. As for cars Thai's love new stuff. In my village most people are pretty poor and I think the oldest car would be 3 years old. That's what you get for living in a country where it is so easy to tick one up. Having a chip on your shoulder about your car being dinged up "but worth 1 million baht" says a lot. Even in Australia there are registration penalties for having a car on the road that is more than 10 years old. Personally I would be faaaaaar more concerned about my daughter than what the car park guy thought about my age or car.... but that's just me. Cheers.

Your not gonna like this and I hate to burst your bubble... but if your 60 and your car is 11 then your both pretty old. At 60 you may look and feel and act much younger but your old mate, face it. As for cars Thai's love new stuff. In my village most people are pretty poor and I think the oldest car would be 3 years old. That's what you get for living in a country where it is so easy to tick one up. Having a chip on your shoulder about your car being dinged up "but worth 1 million baht" says a lot. Even in Australia there are registration penalties for having a car on the road that is more than 10 years old. Personally I would be faaaaaar more concerned about my daughter than what the car park guy thought about my age or car.... but that's just me. Cheers.

What bubble ?- I know I'm getting on but this is nothing to do with my age, but the is still in very good condition apart from a bit or too. I actually resprayed a couple of bits myself!

You miss the point - the innappropriateness of his actions based on thinking I am a sitting target being a farang. If I do nothing, am not being true to myself which is very wrong.

Approach the person who runs the school, tell them this moron is asking your daughter personal questions about your family. He has no cause to do so. In fact, he has no cause speaking to your daughter at all outside of his duties. It's just another case of "ha-ha, let's have a laugh on the farang." You may also hint that you are questioning whether he is taking a personal interest in your daughter. Don't approach him directly, no need to lower yourself.

If nothing else, tell your daughter not to speak to him outside of his duties. He is a parking attendant, not a school administrator.

The downside to this is he may lose his job and go psycho over being demeaned by a farang.

Welcome advice - thanks

Thai blokes are obsessed by look khreung girls.

They seem them as having fair skin and prominent noses and money. This is a major ego boost for them and will elevate them in the eyes of their mates.

They also see them as being from unconnected so the chance of being warned off with violence is seen as very little. By contrast, they would not cheekily flirt with a policeman's daughter.

Thai blokes also tend to be obsessed with underage girls. 13 to 16 seems to be considered the optimal age for most Thai blokes. They seriously fantasise about this.

Do not speak directly to the guard but you could accidentally stub your foot into his ankle as you walk past to let him know you know what is going on.

Go to the head teacher and tell him you would like the guard who acts inappropriately with underage girls removed from the school.

What bubble ?- I know I'm getting on but this is nothing to do with my age, but the is still in very good condition apart from a bit or too. I actually resprayed a couple of bits myself!

You miss the point - the innappropriateness of his actions based on thinking I am a sitting target being a farang. If I do nothing, am not being true to myself which is very wrong.

My apologies if I have misread you but in a number of posts you appeared to labour the point that neither yourself nor your car were very old. I was just stating, that to some, you and your car could be considered old and that your daughter is probably more important. If you want to be true to yourself and doing nothing is not an option then your choices are a: report him to somebody in a senior position in the school b: (if you can put your hands together) snot the <deleted>. I think doing nothing could be the best option as the other 2 could have some impact on your daughters schooling (which to my mind is more important than some goose in a car park). Plus your daughter might not enjoy seeing her old man getting towelled up in the parking lot if you can't throw them as well as he can. Cheers. thumbsup.gif

My take on this is the guard is talking about you in a manner that shows he has no respect for you. And he does not have respect for you because you are a farang, nothing more than that. He has not been trained in the art of pretending to respect the farang. He is above you, in his mind, as all Thais are above all farangs. Some just put on an act because their income requires it.

Just drop it as any thing you do will make matters worse.

Edited by mesquite

My wife is a teacher. I just spoke to her about it & her advice is to go straight to the top (Nun) and complain and have this person removed from the school

get it stopped now.

Good luck with your decision.coffee1.gif

My wife is a teacher. I just spoke to her about it & her advice is to go straight to the top (Nun) and complain and have this person removed from the school

get it stopped now.

You want the guy fired for what exactly? Talking to a student? Some of you guys are losing what's left of your mind.

get it stopped now.

You want the guy fired for what exactly? Talking to a student? Some of you guys are losing what's left of your mind.

This car park guy is right out of line.