Phetchaburi Muslim community protests bacon factory

webfact

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a valid point.

Which is. ( only Muslims count on this earth of theirs )

Which is they are Thai and dont want to live near a factory. As Thais do you think they should have no say when asked?

No, it's just about their religious nonsense. They wouldn't object to a chicken factory and would be happily employed there.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So what? Its their country and were asked their opinion. All locals were asked. Or do you think only the Thais you like should be asked.

No, it's just about their religious nonsense. They wouldn't object to a chicken factory and would be happily employed there.

So what? Its their country and were asked their opinion. All locals were asked. Or do you think only the Thais you like should be asked.

Hit reply to post #357 but didn't work.

The point being this is not just about a "filthy, stinking, polluting" factory and people objecting to health concerns.

It is only because it is a pork factory and the basis for the objection is rooted in this particular brand of bronze age nonsense.

This wouldn't be an issue if it was a chicken factory but if it were to be a chicken slaughter house, it's not unreasonable to anticipate the muslim community would demand the government require the company to use halal procedures, as a condition for issuing the license to operate in "their" community.

Note that they consider it "theirs" because they have (apparently) achieved a numerical majority and planted their flags (mosques), which in their minds, means their religious mandates are supposed to mean something to all of us. There is no apparent, legal reason why the license shouldn't be issued, except for islam. And so it goes, another precedent is set and the government loses a measure of authority by pandering to muslims, hoping to get some PR mileage when, in the eyes of these muslims, they are seen as weak and foolish.

To ignore the obvious is dishonest, and that's the problem liberal and their media have foisted upon all of us, and pandering politicians.

I dont like the way they kill their animals, i think it is in humane, but i wont protest, they dont have to eat the pork do they, this religion is getting beyond with all the demands, my town is mostly a christian town, and we dont want your mosques, but we will not protest if you want to build one, i wont go in there so i have no course to complain, neither have you to the pig factory, you will not go in there so you have nothing to complain about, if you are worried about the water buy fresh, most do in Thailand, or rain water, stop moaning about everything, your religion is starting to annoy most of the world now

Once more.

They were asked for their opinion as Thai citizens as to whether an as yet unbuilt factory should be granted a license to operate in their community.

They gave it.

Did they ask the non Muslim who live in the same community who like bacon as wel, did they like it, its crap and not valid, build it as it is in no violation of anyone, Thailand is not a Muslim country THEY JUST MAKE UP A SMALL MINORITY AS THEY DO IN ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, if it was a Muslim country do you think they would ask a non Muslim about putting a goat killing factory there, when they want to do something that may offend another religion they dont give a dam, the answer is no, they only care for their own religion, all others are non existent to them, but considering it was only a handful that put up a petition, it should be built as the minority should not affect the most

What makes you think the other people in the community wants the factory?

The rest of your rant is off topic.

Because i don,t see them protesting about it, so i take it that they don't mind, and that's on topic

So you didnt see it therefore it didnt happen.

Officials are in the process of gathering opinions from locals. The mulims are Thai and hence gave their opinion as requested.

The remainder of the locals may have already agreed or not, or they have not yet provided a response.

So a simple 'i dont know' would suffice.

By the way, when you say muslims make up a small minority as they do in all other countries, in capitals for emphasis, you are patently wrong. They are majority in Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, just to name a few. But it may be some blind hatred clouding you judgment which is indicated in you posting that because you dont see others protesting then they must agree.

Being Non Muslim countries, not Muslim countries, read it again, no blind hatred, and show me where it says the other residents dont want it. or dont agree

I cant show you because it is not kniwn. YOU are the one who said it should be built as the minority should not affect the most.

I simply asked how you know they have a minority view. You dont know it is minority, it could be majority.

i doubt that very much

The point being this is not just about a "filthy, stinking, polluting" factory and people objecting to health concerns.

It is only because it is a pork factory and the basis for the objection is rooted in this particular brand of bronze age nonsense.

This wouldn't be an issue if it was a chicken factory but if it were to be a chicken slaughter house, it's not unreasonable to anticipate the muslim community would demand the government require the company to use halal procedures, as a condition for issuing the license to operate in "their" community.

Note that they consider it "theirs" because they have (apparently) achieved a numerical majority and planted their flags (mosques), which in their minds, means their religious mandates are supposed to mean something to all of us. There is no apparent, legal reason why the license shouldn't be issued, except for islam. And so it goes, another precedent is set and the government loses a measure of authority by pandering to muslims, hoping to get some PR mileage when, in the eyes of these muslims, they are seen as weak and foolish.

To ignore the obvious is dishonest, and that's the problem liberal and their media have foisted upon all of us, and pandering politicians.

I get it, as Thais they should not have as much say as other Thais.

It's funny whose opinions get listened to. A 'community center' (read Mosque) has been given planning permission in my home town in spite of 90% of the locals objecting. Hiding behind 'democratic' considerations sadly seems to be a one way street.

It's funny whose opinions get listened to. A 'community center' (read Mosque) has been given planning permission in my home town in spite of 90% of the locals objecting. Hiding behind 'democratic' considerations sadly seems to be a one way street.

For community centre I think I'll read community centre.

Edited by Bluespunk

I get it, as Thais they should not have as much say as other Thais.

I'm quite sure you do understand, as do I.

I joked to my brother he should go down the (ahem) community centre wearing his skull cap with his girlfriend wearing her crucifix. They are all community centers on planning applications.

I joked to my brother he should go down the (ahem) community centre wearing his skull cap with his girlfriend wearing her crucifix. They are all community centers on planning applications.

Yes I know community centers are generally called community centers on planning applications because they are community centers.

re-read the original message: we do not ask them their opinion,

it is they who have submitted a petition, speaking indignity of their faith.

So it is a religious problem they have put forward, and not for the polution of water bodies.

that's just to get the pill.

I have never seen Muslims ask for something, they take, they impose.

The latest one is in France in the south where King demanded a private beach, lift, and kicked him out two French women CRS.

France has flattened.

re-read the original message: we do not ask them their opinion,
it is they who have submitted a petition, speaking indignity of their faith.
So it is a religious problem they have put forward, and not for the polution of water bodies.
that's just to get the pill.
I have never seen Muslims ask for something, they take, they impose.
The latest one is in France in the south where King demanded a private beach, lift, and kicked him out two French women CRS.
France has flattened.

I'll answer your first "point" with the final 2 paragraphs from the original story

"A municipal official said authorities have yet to grant a license for the company to construct the bacon factory.

“Currently, it is under the process of announcing the plan to the people, and to collect their opinion,” Nat Areekul, director of the municipal factory registration division, said yesterday."

As to the rest of your "points"……..sigh.

Yes I know community centers are generally called community centers on planning applications because they are community centers.
Come come now, why so obtuse? Supposing the prospective bacon factory were to be called a bovine, porcine and avian food processing facility, which dealt with the odd cow or chicken here and there. Now would that be problem solved?

Come come now, why so obtuse? Supposing the prospective bacon factory were to be called a bovine, porcine and avian food processing facility, which dealt with the odd cow or chicken here and there. Now would that be problem solved?

Yawn. Even the nonsense is becoming dull.

Incredible how any story with just the word Muslim in it brings out the hatred in so many.

Tragic.

Is this the many who believe all Muslims support terrorists BS time; which by the way wasn't mentioned and had nothing to do with the story anyway.

Yawn.

My post was made in response to the one directly above it.

A completely unnecessary one.

Read that one did you?

Or was that one ok by you?

That would have been my post BP. It's relevance is in the eyes of the reader, and what if it was ok by him or her?

Edited by Local Drunk

Incredible how any story with just the word Muslim in it brings out the hatred in so many.

Tragic.

Is this the many who believe all Muslims support terrorists BS time; which by the way wasn't mentioned and had nothing to do with the story anyway.

Yawn.

My post was made in response to the one directly above it.

A completely unnecessary one.

Read that one did you?

Or was that one ok by you?

That would have been my post BP. It's relevance is in the eyes of the reader, and what if it was ok by him or her?

It was off topic and designed to incite prejudice. What you wrote bore no relevance to this story.

So, if "Mosque = Community centre"

then "Slaughterhouse = Retirement home"

Who could object to a retirement home being built in their neighbourhood?

Community centre is one of the more benign ways of characterizing a Mosque. President Erdogan stated 'The Mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, minarets our bayonets and faithful our soldiers. Ammunition dumps, centers for indoctrination or simply forward command and control centers are sadly close to the truth in some places. Edited by Steely Dan

This country is Buddhist, I am not, if I don't like it, then I go.

This country is not Muslim, if they don't like it then they should go.

Why? It's their country. Your argument makes no sense.
I agree its doesnt make sense. Nor does Buddists eating meat as it supposed to be against there religion. Make it up as they go along as with all religions.

I agree its doesnt make sense. Nor does Buddists eating meat as it supposed to be against there religion. Make it up as they go along as with all religions.

Before insulting Buddhism, please get your facts straight: eating meat is not against Buddhism; the Lord Buddha himself ate meat. Even monks are permitted to eat meat, provided that the animal hasn't explicitly been killed for them.

Tragic.

Do you think it out-weighs the real hatred shown by many of that faith against the non-believers of their faith.

We're talking about Thai citizens of the muslim faith who have probablh been in the area for hundreds of years.

What has your stupid comment got to do with their rights as Thai citizens to have their beliefs taken into consideration on this one.

I mean <deleted>, they presented a petition.

they can also go back to Malaisia or Indonesia or south Arabia then they can live in

piece with there's religion. Insteed they want to change Thailand to those contry they maybe have run

away frombah.gifbah.gifhit-the-fan.gifhit-the-fan.gif

Oh the irony. The foreigner telling native Thai citizens to self deport!

Before insulting Buddhism, please get your facts straight: eating meat is not against Buddhism; the Lord Buddha himself ate meat. Even monks are permitted to eat meat, provided that the animal hasn't explicitly been killed for them.
Mahayana Buddhism is strictly vegetarian. I dont think its an insult to point that out. Nor the hypocracies in all religions. Some attend there temples in the hope of salvation but happly go home and burn charchoal or plastic that kills there fellow citizens or poision there neighbours dog. Our local monks being the worst offenders for burning stuff. The insult is why cant some just be good people. Nothing insulting about pointing out the hypocracies in all organised religions.

Mahayana Buddhism is strictly vegetarian. I dont think its an insult to point that out.

Again you haven't got for facts straight. Mahayana Buddism is not strictly vegetarian; the vast majority of Mahayana Buddhists eats meat. It's only proscribed for the sangha.