Beach Road drainage system 50% complete

Rimmer

Beach Road drainage system 50% complete

n4City.jpg

PATTAYA:--Installation of new drainage pipes under Beach Road is half complete with the new system expected to come online in mid-December.

PSI Engineering, the lead contractor on the 192.8 million baht project that began about two months ago, is putting wider, longer pipelines near the Dusit Curve in Pattaya, Soi 6 in the central section of the beach, and near Walking Street in the south.

The North Pattaya pipeline will be two meters in diameter – twice the current size – and run 200 meters from the beach. There also will be a collection pool with mesh to prevent garbage from flowing into the sea.

Between sois 6 and 10, a 1.2-kilometer-long pipeline will feed into the collection pool as well.

Near the site of the old pier in South Pattaya, the company is installing a box culvert with a capacity of 817 cu. meters of water.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/beach-road-drainage-system-50-complete-50204#sthash.Z3r5twp8.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-08-14 footer_n.gif

I don't see any relief for the area of Beach Road and Soi 8, which is not even close to Soi 6. This area floods completely with every rain, and is a real trouble spot. Hopefully there will be news of this area getting help very soon. It needs it. So far, they have taken care of the Dusit Thani and Amari Hotels, and Walking Street.

Slightly off topic but they have started putting in drains near where I live...Nong Khet Noi.

A bridge collapsed during heavy rain a few months back so route number 2 was closed.

Yes of course, last night they dug up route #1, while I was out eating, fortunately they put up a detour sign.

Unfortunately they put up just the one. I took the detour, following a truck out onto the dirt road. Of course we ended up as a lost convoy in the middle of cassava fields in the dark. No telephone signal to get Google Maps with. Then of course we are struggling to turn around. I got my wife to go to the car behind and ask the lady driver if she knew this track and did it come out somewhere onto a Rd. We got an affirmative. Ten minutes further on I luckily made a 20 point turn and headed back from whence I came, followed by the knowledgeable lady behind.

Beware of detour signs and asking directions in Thailand.

Edited by jacko45k

There has been no installation of any of the new large pipes at Dusit and Soi 6. If its 50 % complete then the other 50% is going to be just back filling the excavations.At Soi 6 they have just busted up that concrete platform and dug down about 4 meters by 10 meters from the beach to just up to beach rd. There they will have to tunnel under and join up somewhere ?

"There also will be a collection pool with mesh to prevent garbage from flowing into the sea." Oh oh.... that mesh will need cleaning out on a regular basis, and we know how that goes....

So three collection pools of filthy water collecting mosquitoes on the beach ?. Not sure how far this structure at Dusit curve is going to go out into the bay.

But just those giant (decaying) sandbags cause major erosion downstream in winter months ( during North to South long shore current )

like the collapsed sea wall in front of Holiday Inn.

Edited by morrobay

There has been no installation of any of the new large pipes at Dusit and Soi 6. If its 50 % complete then the other 50% is going to be just back filling the excavations.At Soi 6 they have just busted up that concrete platform and dug down about 4 meters by 10 meters from the beach to just up to beach rd. There they will have to tunnel under and join up somewhere ?

Just looked at the project South end above Walking st and there are no pipes on that site either. All that has been done is some excavation. So August 14 is the new April 1 ?

"There also will be a collection pool with mesh to prevent garbage from flowing into the sea." Oh oh.... that mesh will need cleaning out on a regular basis, and we know how that goes....

..........and how regular that will be!!!coffee1.gif Least in the first stages it will work!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see any relief for the area of Beach Road and Soi 8, which is not even close to Soi 6. This area floods completely with every rain, and is a real trouble spot. Hopefully there will be news of this area getting help very soon. It needs it. So far, they have taken care of the Dusit Thani and Amari Hotels, and Walking Street.

Now they are digging a drain trench along Beach rd between walkway border and road Also that massive drain structure at Soi 6 extends out into the bay and is going to cause major beach erosion problems to the South during winter months. ( oceanography 101)

Edited by morrobay