Retired French cop in Chonburi vows to catch banana thief

webfact

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wai2.gif They were stealing my mangoes and my thai neighbor told me to put a bag over them to proclaim ownership. It worked. So, get yourself a big bag to put over the tree.cheesy.gif

that is actually brilliant advice.

every once in a while, somebody in thaivisa actually shows they understand their environment.

wai2.gif They were stealing my mangoes and my thai neighbor told me to put a bag over them to proclaim ownership. It worked. So, get yourself a big bag to put over the tree.cheesy.gif

Now I understand why all ripe bananas have a plastic bag over them, even in my own banana plantation.

you people laugh but this is serious!!!! he might starve, or was selling bananas for big money!!! or little money!!!

have you posters have no soul!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

send me 1000 baht and i will fly there and help him recover lost monies...

thank me later and have a parade in my name......but get me a 5-star hotel with tons of free fruit...

Put up a sign in Thai: This tree is cursed w00t.gif

That would be a good one.

Better yet, get a spooky recording set to go off with motion detectors. Oh course that's where the CCTV would come in handy, to watch them break their necks trying to get away cheesy.giftongue.png .

Just the neighbors helping themselves as he has more than enough, and more to come. tongue.png

I rented a couple houses in Pattaya before & both came replete with banana trees, actually plantain trees, as they produced the miniature bananas.

Anyhow, my wife had oodles of them that she was doing her best to give away to the neighbors. She had me out there constantly hacking the trees down & they'd grow back faster than we could give them away.

--------------

Off topic a bit here, but still related a bit.

Wifey was hacking down some palm tree limbs one day in the front yard. I was sitting on the front porch, in the shade, sipping a cold beer. I had been watching the 'Spartacus' series my neighbor had downloaded somehow at about that time.

I told her she should bring one of those palm tree limbs up on the porch and fan me with it, like the slave girls do on Spartacus.

She got a little bit miffed at that idea & threatened to come beat me in the head with it. clap2.gif

--------------

Back on topic...Try a banana sandwich made with peanut butter on one slice of bread & mayo on the other with a tall glass of cold milk.

I loved those when I was a kid. Not so much so now, but if you have kids, feed it to them. They'll LOVE it!

picVlL3Po.jpg

Edited by jaywalker

The Frenchman figures the bananas are his. Maybe he is wrong. He can not own land in Thailand and so he cannot own trees in Thailand that are growing in the land. The bananas are Thai bananas not French bananas. He is barking up the wrong tree thinking those are his bananas.

he using the Big flower pots in his garden only !!

And watering is automated,

so no work permit needed;

He dont harvest them,

so no brake of work permit for harvesting ! 55555

There is more to it lads....its called privacy of home.

Whether burglary or banana's disappearing, someone is stepping on your turf.

And doing nothing is exactly what most of them want, until of course you need to go off for a while and find your place ransacked.

Go get 'm young timer!

Edited by hgma