Case on rice-subsidy scheme starts badly for Yingluck

webfact

3rd world country, 3rd world mentality. coffee1.gif

If they cant prove to actual evidence of stealing or the alleged money made from the act then all the estimates and gossip means nothing at all.

This kind of trial does nothing for the nation, its all about the power and nothing more.

Get on with it I say, jail her, banish her, do whatever but none of it will help Thailand move forwards, they will just add yet another nail in the coffin.

Everything they are doing is just widening the gaps and will only hamper stability in the long run, especially when the levee breaks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No theft in the Rice scam?

read this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/791405-rice-damage-charge-filed/

Previously, the Thailand Development Research Institute estimated that the pledging programme had cost the country Bt660 billion.

It further alleged that about one-sixth of that cost, or Bt123 billion, went to politicians involved in the rice-subsidy project.

This was not a subsidy, but was a systematically planned theft of taxpayers money.

Unfortunately the prosecutors and courts are here too slow and flabby to get back the embezzled money.

With 123.000.000.000 Baht all schools in the country could be modernized.

Those responsible have cheated the children of this country to get better education opportunities.

And those who try to justify this deception in a hairsplitting manner, should be ashamed.

This figure is not based on investigation, it's an estimate from their so-called model and is obviously politically biased. The figures displayed after investigation (i.e. in judicial investigation) don't fit with it.

As far as I know (please add more if you have other proven cases involving politicians), we only have the so-called fake g-to-g deals worth around THB 600 million (the deal, not the fraud amount). It's not been judged and I don't think they have shown proof of payment to politicians yet.

If these numbers would be based on current investigations/court actions, I would applaud the prosecutors and the courts.

Corruption unfortunately is not confined to one political direction.

No this figures are not "obviously politically biased".

One-sixth as a percentage of corruption, I think it is even too low.

If the investigating authorities were not so lazy and would not be so linked with the thieves , the people of this country could not be so easily stolen.

It does not matter who is in power, whether the red, yellow, green or whatever color.

As long as the money-hungry corrupt people with impunity allowed to keep their booty here, the honest people are the idiots.

I hope there is in the future a joint movement in Thailand of honest people, regardless of t-shirt colors, which have the muzzle full of thieves in the civil service.

Are u seriously telling me that the junta isn't able to pin 4bn USD worth of theft on any politician? Oh please.

Accept that that figure is a complete thumbsuck and move on. There isn't proof of politicians stealing 125bn, just surmises and estimates. How did they steal it if it's so obvious.

Not think of a single individual.

Think of a water money pipe all over Thailand.

With 10,000 holes in the pipe.

read this:

Previously, the Thailand Development Research Institute estimated that the pledging programme had cost the country Bt660 billion.

It further alleged that about one-sixth of that cost, or Bt123 billion, went to politicians involved in the rice-subsidy project.

This was not a subsidy, but was a systematically planned theft of taxpayers money.

Unfortunately the prosecutors and courts are here too slow and flabby to get back the embezzled money.

Those responsible have cheated the children of this country to get better education opportunities.

And those who try to justify this deception in a hairsplitting manner, should be ashamed.

This figure is not based on investigation, it's an estimate from their so-called model and is obviously politically biased. The figures displayed after investigation (i.e. in judicial investigation) don't fit with it.

As far as I know (please add more if you have other proven cases involving politicians), we only have the so-called fake g-to-g deals worth around THB 600 million (the deal, not the fraud amount). It's not been judged and I don't think they have shown proof of payment to politicians yet.

If these numbers would be based on current investigations/court actions, I would applaud the prosecutors and the courts.

If the investigating authorities were not so lazy and would not be so linked with the thieves , the people of this country could not be so easily stolen.

It does not matter who is in power, whether the red, yellow, green or whatever color.

As long as the money-hungry corrupt people with impunity allowed to keep their booty here, the honest people are the idiots.

I hope there is in the future a joint movement in Thailand of honest people, regardless of t-shirt colors, which have the muzzle full of thieves in the civil service.

Are u seriously telling me that the junta isn't able to pin 4bn USD worth of theft on any politician? Oh please.

Accept that that figure is a complete thumbsuck and move on. There isn't proof of politicians stealing 125bn, just surmises and estimates. How did they steal it if it's so obvious.

There are 500 politicians in the country of various parties. When someone says politicians stole money, in my mind they mean Mps.

So you are saying loads and loads of people stole money. Not Mps? Not Yingluk, not the reds, not thaksin?

Who? The other side? Coz 4bn is a pretty big number.

Disgraceful witch-hunt you got criminal evidence of corruption? arrest her! not make up laws and rules as you go everyone I speak to knows it's vengeance 'Thai Style'

nothing wrong with rice subsidies happens in all countries go look up Europe (Common Agriculcutral Policy) or American farmer subsidies

Absolutely! Nothing wrong with price subsidies which have reserves made in the National Budget and are properly administered and accounted for.

BTW here we talk about the Rice Price Pledge Scheme, a 'self-financing' scheme which because of it'd self-financing aspect was deemed not to need a reservation in the National Budget. Only a 'revolving funds' needed, pay out from it and put back from sales. That worked to the positive result of 750 billion Baht the government needed to pay back to the BAAC. The current government had 107 billion Baht reserved in the 2014/2015 National Budget and again 107 billion for 2015/2016 and so on for five more years after.

BTW 'arrest her'? Why? She was charged, granted bail or just released on her word, coming to the court as ordered. Why arrest her? Don't you think that would be unlawful or do you like to promote witch-hunts ?

actually, I sought out 'the bits" which explained how EJ made a completely inaccurate statement.

I did not express my own opinion on the rice scheme, not this one nor previous programs. I could, but there is seldom the chance to do so in the current news environment.

But to your point, I agree that this program did not deliver much benefit to smaller (poorer) farmers. Neither did the plan under Abhisit. Nor did the previous plans from the 'devil in dubai'...

I do believe that agricultural subsidies are needed in a volatile commodities market. I also think that nearly every government in the world caters to their agro-industrial base when they create subsidies and does not take the time or the effort to create programs which will support specific goals within society, eg: support small, local farms... The same could be said for supporting small, local businesses, small, local schools, etc, ...

Please note that I am discussing Thailand, but also other countries. I see it as a problem which occurs often. As a Thai example, I recently came across a report which proposed (as a solution) that the farmers combine smaller plots into larger plots and use mechanisation to improve efficiency. I believe this moron was also from the TDRI. His point makes it clear that he has no idea about rice farming out here in the wilds, nor does he have the interests of the small farmer in mind - his 'solution' would just squash the small farmer and turn him into a hired-hand or a 'former' farmer.

But this plan was advertised, as an electoral bribe, to lift the incomes of the poorer farmers. Which was a blatant lie given the way it was structured.

Why do you claim the Abhisit plan didn't help small farmers? Are you referring to those who didn't sell their rice, which excluded them from both schemes?

The previous plan from Thaksin was the same as that offered by Yingluk. Despite evidence it was a miserable failure with mounting stocks, rife with corruption and very little of the high cost was heading to the claimed intended recipients. That it was re-instated without any attempt at improving efficiency or reducing its faults, and with increased prices TYVM Yingluk (an off the cuff statement at an electoral rally) is one of the main complaints about it.

BTW whatever you do don't increase efficiency and get rid of those tiny plots of land.

but money did flow to the poor farmers.

Some people don't understand basic math. Poor farmers got more money for their rice. The amount of the total which "poor farmers" received was correspondingly small because they don't produce as much rice...

Jeez, that's kindergarten math, guy...

And it would be the same for the Abhisit plan as well, and the various Thaksin programs before that.

In addition, the plan was advertised to help rice farmers, not just poor ones. But that is a nice try to spin it and then call it an electoral "lie" ... As I recall the 2011 campaigns, there were many platform policies from all of the parties, including the PTP and the Dems. And I recall the Dems having their own rice scheme, etc... It was pretty clear at the time (before the election) that the PTP had the more popular platform ... And the election results bore that out. The rice program was one of many.

And if you want to call having a platform and promising to do something for the people "vote-buying" then go ahead.... I have a lot of ROFL icons for you. cheesy.gif

As for combining tiny plots, have you ever been up here in Isaan?

I like and support small family farms. I find them, along with family businesses to be an extremely important part of a town's social fabric. I want to see them be more efficient, and more profitable, for sure. The point about the TDRI moron is that he clearly had no clue about rice farming or about improving the life of the small farmer. His answer was to turn them into a smaller number of bigger farmers. That's the kind of ideas which typically come from out-of-touch "think tanks".

Here's some basic maths for you. If I claim I am going to pay your debt, and give you 2% of what I owe you, are you happy? Should poor farmers be happy receiving 2% of a government policy claimed to help them, or feel they have been used as camouflage for a scam?

And the PTP rice plan, straight out of Yingluk's mouth, was to help POOR rice farmers. Because there are many of them, and they all have a vote.

Tell me again how the social fabric of Issan is dependent on subsistence farmers, and combining their plots for more efficiency is moronic.

actually, I sought out 'the bits" which explained how EJ made a completely inaccurate statement.

I did not express my own opinion on the rice scheme, not this one nor previous programs. I could, but there is seldom the chance to do so in the current news environment.

But to your point, I agree that this program did not deliver much benefit to smaller (poorer) farmers. Neither did the plan under Abhisit. Nor did the previous plans from the 'devil in dubai'...

I do believe that agricultural subsidies are needed in a volatile commodities market. I also think that nearly every government in the world caters to their agro-industrial base when they create subsidies and does not take the time or the effort to create programs which will support specific goals within society, eg: support small, local farms... The same could be said for supporting small, local businesses, small, local schools, etc, ...

Please note that I am discussing Thailand, but also other countries. I see it as a problem which occurs often. As a Thai example, I recently came across a report which proposed (as a solution) that the farmers combine smaller plots into larger plots and use mechanisation to improve efficiency. I believe this moron was also from the TDRI. His point makes it clear that he has no idea about rice farming out here in the wilds, nor does he have the interests of the small farmer in mind - his 'solution' would just squash the small farmer and turn him into a hired-hand or a 'former' farmer.

But this plan was advertised, as an electoral bribe, to lift the incomes of the poorer farmers. Which was a blatant lie given the way it was structured.

Why do you claim the Abhisit plan didn't help small farmers? Are you referring to those who didn't sell their rice, which excluded them from both schemes?

The previous plan from Thaksin was the same as that offered by Yingluk. Despite evidence it was a miserable failure with mounting stocks, rife with corruption and very little of the high cost was heading to the claimed intended recipients. That it was re-instated without any attempt at improving efficiency or reducing its faults, and with increased prices TYVM Yingluk (an off the cuff statement at an electoral rally) is one of the main complaints about it.

BTW whatever you do don't increase efficiency and get rid of those tiny plots of land.

Some people don't understand basic math. Poor farmers got more money for their rice. The amount of the total which "poor farmers" received was correspondingly small because they don't produce as much rice...

And it would be the same for the Abhisit plan as well, and the various Thaksin programs before that.

In addition, the plan was advertised to help rice farmers, not just poor ones. But that is a nice try to spin it and then call it an electoral "lie" ... As I recall the 2011 campaigns, there were many platform policies from all of the parties, including the PTP and the Dems. And I recall the Dems having their own rice scheme, etc... It was pretty clear at the time (before the election) that the PTP had the more popular platform ... And the election results bore that out. The rice program was one of many.

And if you want to call having a platform and promising to do something for the people "vote-buying" then go ahead.... I have a lot of ROFL icons for you. cheesy.gif

I like and support small family farms. I find them, along with family businesses to be an extremely important part of a town's social fabric. I want to see them be more efficient, and more profitable, for sure. The point about the TDRI moron is that he clearly had no clue about rice farming or about improving the life of the small farmer. His answer was to turn them into a smaller number of bigger farmers. That's the kind of ideas which typically come from out-of-touch "think tanks".

Here's some basic maths for you. If I claim I am going to pay your debt, and give you 2% of what I owe you, are you happy? Should poor farmers be happy receiving 2% of a government policy claimed to help them, or feel they have been used as camouflage for a scam?

And the PTP rice plan, straight out of Yingluk's mouth, was to help POOR rice farmers. Because there are many of them, and they all have a vote.

Tell me again how the social fabric of Issan is dependent on subsistence farmers, and combining their plots for more efficiency is moronic.

Yes, based on the realities of how Thai farmers currently manage their lives it is moronic. How would you do that pray? Forced collectives "managed" by the army no doubt. That would probably be good in the sense that it would free the farmers from the crippling debts owed to the rich money lenders that so many of them labour under. But it won't happen as this is one of the ways that enable these guys to emass their huge assets.

Denial works uo to a point, but when she stated that there was definitely no missing rice, she shot herself in the foot. Why? Well, when this was later shiwn to be BS (scaffolding rice piles etc) she played the, ''I didn't know card'', however, she didn't give names of who would know i.e. the names of the people in charge of said regions and warehouses. She could have formally requested prosecution of person a, b, c etc. and she would have been cleared. So why didn't she? Perhaps it's because person a, b, c, etc. would spill the beans on her involvement? I'm leaving this question open to the forum: If you were accused of a crime and you knew you were innocent AND you knew who the guilty parties were, why would you keep silent?

Poor farmers wasn't in the sceme.

I am still amazed what kind of view from responsibility some have here.

She was the chairwoman of the rice committee.

In this position she has taken on the responsibility for one of the most important economic industries of the country.

To be the chairwoman of the NRC is the same as the captain's seat on a 747 Jumbo.

The captain (YL) presents its flight path (the rice scheme).

The weather experts say it is madness ever fly away, it will be impossible to achieve the goal.

(There were countless warnings from subsidies experts worldwide, that this rice scheme will never work.)

The captain is insecure and has little experience.

Then the CEO (Thaksin) of the flight company (PT) sends his co-pilots friends (PT-Ministers).

Order: The flight must be conducted (they need the votes).

The Fuel Tank officer (internal administrative officers) on the ground informed, that the fuel (money) will last for only half the distance.

The chief mechanic (international subsidies experts) on the ground informed, that there is a hole in the fuel line (Corruption),

and he expected that 30%-40% fuel (money) will leaking out.

So the Jumbo starts.

After the first quarter of the flight, the fuel gauges (BACC: no money) are already on reserve.

The air traffic controllers (press, opposition in parliament) offer an emergency destination to bring down this madness flight.

The captain ignored all warnings.

The engines go out. Some passengers in their panic jump overboard (Farmers who killed themselves).

The Jumbo crashes and the wreckage is widely scattered (rotten rice in the warehouses).

The damage is incredible, lost the aircraft (700 Billions) and all passengers dead (rice industrie).

The owners of the airline (the public) have to bear the loss.

Miraculously, only the pilots survived.

The pilots are now in court.

So what was it?

- negligence?

- malfeasance?

- irresponsibly

- supervision violation?

- dereliction of duty?

If the defenders (lawyers) then say, the captain does not know how to fly an airplane,

then I would suggest prison.

Nice analogy. The rice industry didn't die.
No, but badly hurt for many years to come.

I am still amazed what kind of view from responsibility some have here.

She was the chairwoman of the rice committee.

In this position she has taken on the responsibility for one of the most important economic industries of the country.

To be the chairwoman of the NRC is the same as the captain's seat on a 747 Jumbo.

The captain (YL) presents its flight path (the rice scheme).

The weather experts say it is madness ever fly away, it will be impossible to achieve the goal.

(There were countless warnings from subsidies experts worldwide, that this rice scheme will never work.)

The captain is insecure and has little experience.

Then the CEO (Thaksin) of the flight company (PT) sends his co-pilots friends (PT-Ministers).

Order: The flight must be conducted (they need the votes).

The Fuel Tank officer (internal administrative officers) on the ground informed, that the fuel (money) will last for only half the distance.

The chief mechanic (international subsidies experts) on the ground informed, that there is a hole in the fuel line (Corruption),

and he expected that 30%-40% fuel (money) will leaking out.

So the Jumbo starts.

After the first quarter of the flight, the fuel gauges (BACC: no money) are already on reserve.

The air traffic controllers (press, opposition in parliament) offer an emergency destination to bring down this madness flight.

The captain ignored all warnings.

The engines go out. Some passengers in their panic jump overboard (Farmers who killed themselves).

The Jumbo crashes and the wreckage is widely scattered (rotten rice in the warehouses).

The damage is incredible, lost the aircraft (700 Billions) and all passengers dead (rice industrie).

The owners of the airline (the public) have to bear the loss.

Miraculously, only the pilots survived.

The pilots are now in court.

So what was it?

- negligence?

- malfeasance?

- irresponsibly

- supervision violation?

- dereliction of duty?

If the defenders (lawyers) then say, the captain does not know how to fly an airplane,

then I would suggest prison.

Nice analogy. The rice industry didn't die.
No, but badly hurt for many years to come.

Last year was record exports.... Yes it caused damage, but it appears to have recovered.

read this:

There are 500 politicians in the country of various parties. When someone says politicians stole money, in my mind they mean Mps.

So you are saying loads and loads of people stole money. Not Mps? Not Yingluk, not the reds, not thaksin?

Lol

Are you really so naive and think that this gigantic rice program has expired without corruption and scam?

In any case, many politicians have personally filled up there pockets.

And not only the MPs, also the regional politicians, the whole chain down to the village Pu jai Ban,

and in between also a lot of officials in the administrative organizations.

Who is to have benefited from the funds?

Mostly big scale farmers, rice millers, storage owners, rice wholesalers and transporters as Natthawut.

With a so uncontrolled and open money distribution system there are win win partnerships have formed quickly.

There were almost no control mechanism. They didn`t knew how much rice were actually in the warehouses and how much liquidity the BACC really had.

With the right friends in the crucial interfaces along the distribution chain, all of them could well siphon off their share.

read this:

Lol

Are you really so naive and think that this gigantic rice program has expired without corruption and scam?

And not only the MPs, also the regional politicians, the whole chain down to the village Pu jai Ban,

Mostly big scale farmers, rice millers, storage owners, rice wholesalers and transporters as Natthawut.

With a so uncontrolled and open money distribution system there are win win partnerships have formed quickly.

There were almost no control mechanism. They didn`t knew how much rice were actually in the warehouses and how much liquidity the BACC really had.

With the right friends in the crucial interfaces along the distribution chain, all of them could well siphon off their share.

The talk as though you are quoting facts. Many politicians have filled up their pockets?

Who?

Yes millers and warehouses got paid. Are they supposed to provide services for free? That isn't corruption and not in the surmised 125bn

So puyai ban are corrupt. On everything including the rice scheme. They caused 4bn usd of corruption?

The 19mn of stock number was checked by the junta and found to be accurate.

Could well siphon off. Once again another personal guess. If u think this massive so called corruption happened from a state organisation and the junta can't prosecute it, what does that say, really.

They are sitting on the evidence for a rainy day?

There was corruption, but I doubt 125bn. They have prosecuted the cases they had of a 50k tonne out of 60or 70 million already.

The loss can be easily reconciled with the volume purchased, prices paid, costs incurred and sale prices in the market. Screaming there was endemic corruption with zero proof doesn't make it real.

read this:

Lol

The talk as though you are quoting facts. Many politicians have filled up their pockets?

Who?

Yes millers and warehouses got paid. Are they supposed to provide services for free? That isn't corruption and not in the surmised 125bn

So puyai ban are corrupt. On everything including the rice scheme. They caused 4bn usd of corruption?

Could well siphon off. Once again another personal guess. If u think this massive so called corruption happened from a state organisation and the junta can't prosecute it, what does that say, really.

There was corruption, but I doubt 125bn. They have prosecuted the cases they had of a 50k tonne out of 60or 70 million already.

The loss can be easily reconciled with the volume purchased, prices paid, costs incurred and sale prices in the market. Screaming there was endemic corruption with zero proof doesn't make it real.

Well, then we want hope, that the 60,000 pages of evidence in the YL process, plus the outstanding 25.000 corruption cases from the NACC, brings then a little light into the darkness.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/679702-thai-amnesty-bill-would-kill-25355-graft-cases-nacc/

Highlights of the report included the legal implications of graft cases. The bill, if enacted, would derail 24 cases initiated by the Assets Examination Committee and 25,331 cases launched by the NACC. Of the total graft cases being investigated, some 400 cases involved high-level politicians and another 666 cases were already at the indictment stage.

Edited by tomacht8

read this:

Lol

Who?

Well, then we want hope, that the 60,000 pages of evidence in the YL process, plus the outstanding 25.000 corruption cases from the NACC, brings then a little light into the darkness.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/679702-thai-amnesty-bill-would-kill-25355-graft-cases-nacc/

Highlights of the report included the legal implications of graft cases. The bill, if enacted, would derail 24 cases initiated by the Assets Examination Committee and 25,331 cases launched by the NACC. Of the total graft cases being investigated, some 400 cases involved high-level politicians and another 666 cases were already at the indictment stage.

Me too. I thought we were talking about Yingluk rice case.....

Disgraceful witch-hunt you got criminal evidence of corruption? arrest her! not make up laws and rules as you go everyone I speak to knows it's vengeance 'Thai Style'

nothing wrong with rice subsidies happens in all countries go look up Europe (Common Agriculcutral Policy) or American farmer subsidies

I wonder how, in your little world, you reconcile the fact that of the 700 billion or whatever, over 500 billion never made it to the farmers. Where do you think it might have gone ?. Did the spirits who live under your bed take it ?.

I don't suppose it bothers you too much. That's why we have other people running the country now.

We've seen plenty of vengeance - Thai Style, at the end of an M79. It's about time the medieval throwbacks joined the rest of the world in the 21st century. This is a start - but only a start.

You are very frightening because your insight and knowledge is so limited but, thankfully, you have no say. 700 billion? 500 billion? evidence? facts? you think someone took it? say WHO? links? FACTS? or are you making it all up?

Ignorance is no defence but, in your case, you do try to present it as such

'Ignorance is no defence': thanks LannaGuy, now go and make that clear to lil' Poo and her flock of attorneys, as they do try to present it as such... LOL

I wonder how, in your little world, you reconcile the fact that of the 700 billion or whatever, over 500 billion never made it to the farmers. Where do you think it might have gone ?. Did the spirits who live under your bed take it ?.

I don't suppose it bothers you too much. That's why we have other people running the country now.

We've seen plenty of vengeance - Thai Style, at the end of an M79. It's about time the medieval throwbacks joined the rest of the world in the 21st century. This is a start - but only a start.

You are very frightening because your insight and knowledge is so limited but, thankfully, you have no say. 700 billion? 500 billion? evidence? facts? you think someone took it? say WHO? links? FACTS? or are you making it all up?

Ignorance is no defence but, in your case, you do try to present it as such

'Ignorance is no defence': thanks LannaGuy, now go and make that clear to lil' Poo and her flock of attorneys, as they do try to present it as such... LOL

If someone sends u a report stating there is no corruption found, what is one supposed to do?

................"but money did flow to the poor farmers.

Jeez, that's kindergarten math, guy..."....................

Poor farmers got more money for their rice. ???

tb, I don't know if you live in Thailand or not, and if you do whether or not you have anything whatsoever to do with the rice farming game, but that was a bit silly to say that.

For a start the vast majority of the poor farmers did not produce enough rice to qualify for the rice scam, so they were in fact lucky. They did not receive a higher price per tonne for their crop but they did not get scammed either.

Some farmers who did qualify for it thought they would cash in on it, make a lot of money for their crop, and were burned by not being paid on time. This led to being forced into borrowing money, big financial problems, and in some cases suicide.

My sister-in-law in Surin was the only one in her family to use the rice scheme and she had to wait a long time before she was paid.

And lastly, I was in Surin late in 2014 when the crop was harvested and the farmers were upset because they received a lot less than they expected for their crops. They blamed Yingluck and the PTP for that.

Please stop trying to convince people that the rice pledging scheme benefited poor farmers. It did not, and as I said it was followed up with lower prices per tonne, for all farmers.

English grammar, mike - Poor farmers got more money for their rice.

See what that says? They (also) got paid more money for their rice.

Now, for the rest of your post, did I say anything about how many poor farmers participated/qualified/benefitted? No. I did not.

But my statement did reply accurately to the bogus claim of mister pumpkinhead.

OK?

Gosh, then I even went on to point out that the same was true of previous rice programs. And also that the rice program was just one of many ideas proposed by the PTP in the last election and not, itself, solely responsible for the electoral support the party enjoyed... which again, addressed the bogus point made by the orange guy.

If you have followed any recent posts I made about the rice program, I pointed out elsewhere, that I don't see price supports as a good, targeted way to help (specifically) poor farmers. That applies to this last program as well as those which came before it. You noted some of the reasons that is the case.

tell me why the farmers were pissed off then and some commited suicide. they hadn't recieved any money in a long time before the banks weren't allowed to pay anymore.

I can tell you... want to listen? (probably not)... the banks refused to lend the government money to pay the farmers but MIRACULOUSLY did when the guys with the guns took over - amart rak amart

would be more honest to start their own political party called ARA and try and get elected

Nice try at avoiding the actual question.

Mr. Frits asked why Yingluck's administration ceased making payments to farmers several months before the Amnesty bill provoked mass protests that eventually led to Yingluck dissolving parliament.

Would you care to answer the real question?

tell me why the farmers were pissed off then and some commited suicide. they hadn't recieved any money in a long time before the banks weren't allowed to pay anymore.

I can tell you... want to listen? (probably not)... the banks refused to lend the government money to pay the farmers but MIRACULOUSLY did when the guys with the guns took over - amart rak amart

would be more honest to start their own political party called ARA and try and get elected

You say the banks refused to lend the government the money.

What you deliberately don't mention is that all Thai banks operate within various laws, policies, rules, and with an expectation of high ethics and morals. And within well known risk parameters.

Just one item you omit is that many if not all of the banks concerned would never attach any risk or break laws and therefore immediately get offside' with their depositors /perhaps start a run on deposits.

Add: numerous past seniors of one bank that did this just got 18 years in jail.

You obviously know little about Thai banks or the situation, Suthep and his thugs stopped the banks paying the farmers and physically prevented Red shirts from depositing money to help the farmers. The whole thing is a fairy tale set-up to discredit political opponents. LKY would be proud of them. Where did the missing money go you may well ask? Possibly to help Suthep pay the income tax on all the money he conned out of stary eyed teenagers strutting about like a fat Justin Beber rattling a beggers tin can.

Another blinkered Shin fan who hopes we all have short memories or believe anything they trot out.

Mr. Frits makes it very clear he knows that the banks are not allowed by law (you know, the law, something Thaksin his relatives and lackeys tend to break) to lend money to a caretaker government.

He is asking why they stopped paying several months before Yingluck dissolved parliament? At that time she was still able to seek loans and make provisions.

Any thoughts on why she didn't and could not pay for those months prior to dissolution?

Clue: running out of money, not able to get hands on the 2.2 trillion out of parliamentary scrutiny loan, not able to get the water management budget released and siphon off sum, the scheme wasn't really self financing, etc etc

Mr. Frits asked why Yingluck's administration ceased making payments to farmers several months before the Amnesty bill provoked mass protests that eventually led to Yingluck dissolving parliament.

Check the dates guys. Says govt. tried to force the Bank to pay the farmers, but the bank refused.

Jan 20 - The government, which has lost Bt400 billion from the rice pledging scheme, has forced the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperative (BAAC) to finance payment to farmers but the bank refused, he said.

Mr Suthep said the GSB was the government’s next target for financial resources, compelling the PDRC to protect the public’s and depositors’ interest.

Krung Thai Bank was another financial institution warned by the PDRC secretary general against extending loans to the government.

“Let me warn the executives of Krung Thai Bank against serving the Thaksin regime. If they let the government borrow, we will also close it to protect the people’s interest,” he said.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/protesters-blockading-government-savings-bank-cripple-southern-provinces-administration-today-34162#sthash.oUd6fGa8.dpuf

It's sad. She came and she gave without taking but they sent her away

It's sad. She came and she gave without taking but they sent her away to lands far and near on errands of no importance and great inconvenience during which she survived by carrying copious amounts of instant Thai noodles stashed in her designer handbags and consoling herself with all those air miles.

And now, ever the entrepreneur, it's mushroom farming where she can practice the art of keeping them in the dark and showering them with shit as taught to her from her big brother.

wai2.gif

Check the dates guys. Says govt. tried to force the Bank to pay the farmers, but the bank refused.

Jan 20 - The government, which has lost Bt400 billion from the rice pledging scheme, has forced the Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperative (BAAC) to finance payment to farmers but the bank refused, he said.

Mr Suthep said the GSB was the government’s next target for financial resources, compelling the PDRC to protect the public’s and depositors’ interest.

Krung Thai Bank was another financial institution warned by the PDRC secretary general against extending loans to the government.

“Let me warn the executives of Krung Thai Bank against serving the Thaksin regime. If they let the government borrow, we will also close it to protect the people’s interest,” he said.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/protesters-blockading-government-savings-bank-cripple-southern-provinces-administration-today-34162#sthash.oUd6fGa8.dpuf

You should learn to do some research. Farmers were complaining of outstanding payments from the previous September and October.

They has cash flow problems well before the Amnesty bill cock up.

You should learn to do some research. Farmers were complaining of outstanding payments from the previous September and October.

They has cash flow problems well before the Amnesty bill cock up.

What you can write, but can't read?

Seems like a pretty straightforward article to me...that proves you are talking rubbish. The government on (or before) January 20th ordered the bank to pay the farmers. The amart bankers & the criminal PRDC were the ones stopping the payments.

You coup apologists disgust me with your attempts to justify the coalition of army, amart, PRDC/Democrats blatantly manipulating a situation to enable the coup.

You say the banks refused to lend the government the money.

What you deliberately don't mention is that all Thai banks operate within various laws, policies, rules, and with an expectation of high ethics and morals. And within well known risk parameters.

Just one item you omit is that many if not all of the banks concerned would never attach any risk or break laws and therefore immediately get offside' with their depositors /perhaps start a run on deposits.

Add: numerous past seniors of one bank that did this just got 18 years in jail.

And in particular with Suthep openly threatening them!

Let's see:

- Suthep threatening them.

- Banks well realizing that they must follow aligned laws, rules and regulations and cannot ever place depositors funds at risk, which could very easily and very quickly spark a run on deposits which could easily spread to other banks. And the yingluck government not concerned about any of this, i.e. lacking totally in ethics and morals.

- After the coup the needed official approvals for the appropriate banks generated quickly so that the farmers could quickly be paid. And they were, overall, paid quickly. Whereas in the six months prior the yingluck leeches (e.g. kittirat) made numerous statements of quick payment which were never honoured, because they couldn't be honoured, and that was all before suthep got active.

Edited by scorecard

And in particular with Suthep openly threatening them!

Let's see:

- Suthep threatening them.

- Banks well realizing that they must follow aligned laws, rules and regulations and cannot ever place depositors funds at risk, which could very easily and very quickly spark a run on deposits which could easily spread to other banks. And the yingluck government not concerned about any of this, i.e. lacking totally in ethics and morals.

- After the coup the needed official approvals for the appropriate banks generated quickly so that the farmers could quickly be paid. And they were, overall, paid quickly. Whereas in the six months prior the yingluck leeches (e.g. kittirat) made numerous statements of quick payment which were never honoured, because they couldn't be honoured, and that was all before suthep got active.

So the US government can electronically credit banks to the tune of $80 billion per month for years on end, without having any of the money, but the Thai government can't pay the farmers. What a joke! Just another case of coup apologists making up stories to try & justify the unjustifiable.

Good read from September 25, 2013
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/BAAC-wants-central-unit-to-monitor-expenditures-of-30215577.html

The Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives has urged the government to set up a central unit to control the costs of the rice pledging scheme, and to ensure that farmers are actually getting the money meant for them under the programme.

As a responsible prime chairperson of the rice Committee, there should be all alarm bells ringing.

Then December 18, 2013
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/baac-says-can-pay-farmers-till-end-month

The Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) today came out for the first time to dismiss deputy commerce minister’s claim that the bank still have enough money to pay farmers selling rice to government under the 2013/2014 crop year.

It is obvious that some posters here do not know, how the rice scheme was organized.

Attached a small graphic.
Funny detail with the CCTV's.

RPC.bmp

3rd world country, 3rd world mentality. coffee1.gif

If they cant prove to actual evidence of stealing or the alleged money made from the act then all the estimates and gossip means nothing at all.

This kind of trial does nothing for the nation, its all about the power and nothing more.

Get on with it I say, jail her, banish her, do whatever but none of it will help Thailand move forwards, they will just add yet another nail in the coffin.

Everything they are doing is just widening the gaps and will only hamper stability in the long run, especially when the levee breaks.

So how would you approach the situation?

Or perhaps you believe the 'I have done nothing wrong' line.