Phongthep thanks NRC for rejecting draft charter

Lite Beer

Phongthep thanks NRC for rejecting draft charter
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Phue Thai key leader Phongthep Thepkanjana Sunday thanked the National Reform Council (NRC) members who voted down the charter draft for the sake of the country.

To reject the draft now is better than waiting it to be shot down in the national referendum process initially due to be held next January, he told Nation TV, explaining that it could save time by rejecting the draft before a referendum.

However, he wished the new drafting committee will not put the controversial issues or clauses from the failed draft in the new draft.

He said it was acceptable that a general election will be delayed as long as a democratic charter draft is written.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Phongthpe-thanks-NRC-for-rejecing-draft-charter-30268238.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-06

"He said it was acceptable that a general election will be delayed as long as a democratic charter draft is written."

How nice of him.

Did he bother to ask the people what they think?

Oh wait...

It's PT....

I forgot that they have another source that does their thinking for them to follow.

Edited by Bluespunk

I think it's LONG past due the time when a Constitutional Charter expert is brought in from outside (non-Thai) to draft a new constitution that is good for the "country" as a whole, rather than being biased to one side or the other.

I'm dreaming, I know.

"He said it was acceptable that a general election will be delayed as long as a democratic charter draft is written."

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

I forgot that they have another source that does their thinking for them to follow.

Looks like it's a case of 'you stand 'em up and he'll knock 'em down" perhaps?

Do you really think that? Serious question...

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

Surely his statement is a shock/surprise to know one. I amongst others have been predicting there won't be an election for years.

A page straight out of the playbook used in Communist China and Russia.

Settle in, this is the new norm.

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

Any time one of the junta lovers uses the bogeyman in Dubai as an excuse for the junta's undemocratic actions I want to vomitbah.gif

"Did he bother to ask the people what they think?"

Are you able to say this with a straight face or are you taking the p!**?

All part of the junta's plan to extend their grip on power for several years. First a phoney new charter writing that was going to be rejected from the outset. Standby for at least one more rewrite and the subsequent machinations followed by national referendum and then an election that I for one will be amazed to see before 2018, probably 2019.

I think Khun Prongthep is a Democrat in disguise.

He did not threaten anyone, he did not attacks anyone, he did not denounce anyone, belittle anyone or break the law so he could make the front page of the paper. He did not blame anyone for anything which is a big PTP trait when they have failed at something.

He respectfully offered up a constructive statement.

Well done to the man. The PTP figure heads might be finally starting to get the hang of respect and democracy.

All part of the junta's plan to extend their grip on power for several years. First a phoney new charter writing that was going to be rejected from the outset. Standby for at least one more rewrite and the subsequent machinations followed by national referendum and then an election that I for one will be amazed to see before 2018, probably 2019.

That is some good old fashioned PTP logic right there my friend and I love it!

When the NCR reject a charter that was not popular with the people thus saving the time to put it to referendum they are accused of plotting to extend their power.

If the NCR passed the charter against the will off the people and it went to referendum and then the people rejected it they would be accused of plotting to extend their power.

When they have an election and if anyone wins that is not the PTP they will be accused of extending their power again.

I love it my friend. I love that reasoning.

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

Also note that the PT owner / salary payer / mob payer, the PT party (back to first point) , UDD, red shirt mob etc., have never in some 12+ years actually stated a specific manifesto, and they have never ever stated an overall policy to develop a fair and balanced equal opportunity / equal justice civil society all based on the basic principles of building and maintaining a strong democracy.

So that leaves questions marks whether their aims even include 'a fair and balanced equal opportunity / equal justice civil society all based on the basic principles of building and maintaining a strong democracy'.

Perhaps if they did they might be able to be specific in what they want to see in the constitution and why, and what they don't want to see in the constitution and why.

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

Also note that the PT owner / salary payer / mob payer, the PT party (back to first point) , UDD, red shirt mob etc., have never in some 12+ years actually stated a specific manifesto, and they have never ever stated an overall policy to develop a fair and balanced equal opportunity / equal justice civil society all based on the basic principles of building and maintaining a strong democracy.

So that leaves questions marks whether their aims even include 'a fair and balanced equal opportunity / equal justice civil society all based on the basic principles of building and maintaining a strong democracy'.

Perhaps if they did they might be able to be specific in what they want to see in the constitution and why, and what they don't want to see in the constitution and why.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/853930-udd-calls-for-1997-constitution-reinstallation/

Don't mention it...coffee1.gif

Edited by MZurf

When the NCR reject a charter that was not popular with the people thus saving the time to put it to referendum they are accused of plotting to extend their power.

If the NCR passed the charter against the will off the people and it went to referendum and then the people rejected it they would be accused of plotting to extend their power.

When they have an election and if anyone wins that is not the PTP they will be accused of extending their power again.

I am absolutely no fan of any of the Thaksin incarnations. In fact I hold all sides in equal contempt.

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

Sure and if it had been a democrat who had made the statement then Suthep would be behind it coffee1.gif

Sorry, arent you the clown who previously stated that the PM said elections would occur in 2016 and they will.

Didnt you also state numerous times that the junta has the support of 94% of the population. If so, call an election and the winner will have a mandate for whatever constitution they prefer.

I suspect you are talking through your backside again. Have a good day son but by talking and sh%$ing out the same oriface the stench must sometimes be unbearable.

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

Any time one of the junta lovers uses the bogeyman in Dubai as an excuse for the junta's undemocratic actions I want to vomitbah.gif

Hypocrisy as usual.

Of course, all PTP officials and leaders are free to air their views and all instinctively know what the people think and want, their boss told them. They even showed that with their vote for an amnesty bill, which none opposed, despite massive public protest.

Just like those non elected non democratic UDD leaders know what's best.

The military government aren't in the least bit interested in democracy, and why would anyone imagine a military government would be. But those that like to pretend PTP / UDD are, that their leadership isn't corrupt and totally self interested, and are really altruistic role models that want only to help the people make me feel like vomiting too. They prefer elections because they haven't got the force to take and hold power that way. If they had do you really think they'd be any different? A one party state a la the Lees in Singapore only considerably more corrupt. Their in office behavior, whichever name was being used, speak volumes for their attitude to democracy and the creation of a fair society. Fair for them and bugger anyone else. Elect local officials and governors - no sorry we appoint them etc.

But of course, the Amnesty Bill, self financing rice support scheme, inferior failed school tablets scheme, piss poor flood management, constant lies were all just misunderstandings. They knew deep down the people wanted to give politicians and cronies a free pass, supported pouring money into a black hole with no accountability, never really expected a tablet that worked for every child, and certainly not a real one like Yingluck's, and those who were deliberately flooded to keep Bangkok dry, despite being promised otherwise, didn't really mind and didn't really expect to receive the meager compensation.

And you wonder about others.

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/853930-udd-calls-for-1997-constitution-reinstallation/

Wow - first time in 12 years was in response to this. wai.gif

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

Hypocrisy as usual.

Of course, all PTP officials and leaders are free to air their views and all instinctively know what the people think and want, their boss told them. They even showed that with their vote for an amnesty bill, which none opposed, despite massive public protest.

Just like those non elected non democratic UDD leaders know what's best.

The military government aren't in the least bit interested in democracy, and why would anyone imagine a military government would be. But those that like to pretend PTP / UDD are, that their leadership isn't corrupt and totally self interested, and are really altruistic role models that want only to help the people make me feel like vomiting too. They prefer elections because they haven't got the force to take and hold power that way. If they had do you really think they'd be any different? A one party state a la the Lees in Singapore only considerably more corrupt. Their in office behavior, whichever name was being used, speak volumes for their attitude to democracy and the creation of a fair society. Fair for them and bugger anyone else. Elect local officials and governors - no sorry we appoint them etc.

But of course, the Amnesty Bill, self financing rice support scheme, inferior failed school tablets scheme, piss poor flood management, constant lies were all just misunderstandings. They knew deep down the people wanted to give politicians and cronies a free pass, supported pouring money into a black hole with no accountability, never really expected a tablet that worked for every child, and certainly not a real one like Yingluck's, and those who were deliberately flooded to keep Bangkok dry, despite being promised otherwise, didn't really mind and didn't really expect to receive the meager compensation.

And you wonder about others.

Not hypocritical at all. The point here is that the previous administrations ineptness is constantly used as an excuse for the military takeover and for their subsequent actions, and that will never hold water. Thai democracy, however flawed, must be allowed to evolve without the interference of the military/elite even if the country goes broke in the process. And it's not like the military has a sterling record when in power, do they??

It was no sectret that Greece was heading for a economic disaster years before the meltdown, however no one seriously suggested that the military should intervene. Apparently the Greeks learnt something from the juntas that ruled the country between 67-74. Too bad Thailand isn't able to learn the same lesson.

How nice of him.

Oh wait...

It's PT....

Wow - first time in 12 years was in response to this. wai.gif

I must admit you lost me with this post.