Urinating Brits visit Pattaya Police station following viral Facebook video

webfact

I have seen hundreds upon hundreds of Thai guys urinating anywhere they basically feel the need to go, not a single mention of that. What if it was one of the mafia guys off the beach? Bet she would have shut her mouth and crawled back into her shop if that had happened.

Your right ! Particularly on the side of highways, everywhere, no attempt to hide. Do body gives a damn. But that said, I think these two lads should have been a bit more discrete. Thais views on falang, and their behaviors, have changed markedly over the past 30 years. It's simple, complaining about falang gives them relief to their jealousies and frustrations, that falang are all wealthy.

I came to Thailand to live because 30 years ago Thais had a very similar attitude to life as Aussies. "She'll be right mate". Not any more.

I did the dash for a splash once. Years ago, at a bus stop at Chang Dao, half way between Chiang Mai and Fang. I was busting, no amenities blocks in those days, so up against the bus. I needn't have worried because just as I started a group of wild and woolly Mhong tribesman came out onto the clearing, all the Thais on the bus were too interested in them rather than one embarrassed falang.

Edited by Mot Dang

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another point, three weeks ago I was getting my early morning walk with my wife along the Pattaya promenade. Ahead of us 4 monolith buses stopped and unloaded their lot of Chinese tourists. There was no way we could get through the 500-600 throng so we skirted around the edge of the promenade. My wife stopped dead in her tracks. A Chinese woman had squatted next to the wall, hoisted her skirts and crapped on the beach. Then disappeared back into the waiting crowd. Now, quite a few Thai witnessed this and they didn't flinch.

Say no more.

Just another point, three weeks ago I was getting my early morning walk with my wife along the Pattaya promenade. Ahead of us 4 monolith buses stopped and unloaded their lot of Chinese tourists. There was no way we could get through the 500-600 throng so we skirted around the edge of the promenade. My wife stopped dead in her tracks. A Chinese woman had squatted next to the wall, hoisted her skirts and crapped on the beach. Then disappeared back into the waiting crowd. Now, quite a few Thai witnessed this and they didn't flinch.

Say no more.

Classy

This woman could follow a few motorbike taxi drivers around who do this sober! (or are they?)

Two wrongs dont make a right, totally unacceptable, they are the guests.

So based on your response, is that if you are a local, you can piss anywhere?

Based on my response, if want to crap on my living room floor, I will, but if anybody else tries it, god help them.

Note to self - If you go around to vogie's place, avoid the living room ! clap2.gif

Funny topic this one. I would have thought there would be some harmless fun ribbing Poms and Scots about their toilet habits. Turns out a lot of the comments are critical of Thais and the fact that a lot of them pee in public.

I think there is a slight difference between peeing on a bush on the edge of the road, and waving it around in broad daylight and posting a video on the internet. thumbsup.gif

I don't say that it's OK but from the evidence there's a large section of the population who seem to think it is OK.

Wot utter Garbage, its Illegal to urinate in public in England. Same as dropping litter.

Mind u don't know bout Scotland, Wales. But certainly in London an home counties.

It's illegal so nobody does it I suppose, right! Just like speeding, that's illegal too and of course nobody does that either!!!

It is very surprising that even acts such as this has a huge gang of apologists justifying it stating hilarious reasons. The only point they prove seems that it is a very normal act back home. Or is it just plain hatred towards another country? Should not an normal adult be responsible to his/her utterances?

Just a simple google brings this to light...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3050584/British-man-41-arrested-urinated-ice-machine-Hard-Rock-Hotel-Florida.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/6062069/Drunk-naked-and-urinating-on-a-monument-portrait-of-the-British-tourist.html

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/07/police_say_brit_hit_wife_urinated_in_diverted_plane

http://media.smh.com.au/sport/sports-hq/angry-aussies-and-urinating-brits-4693292.html

It may not be proper, but Thai men do it all the time and everywhere and in public. Why are they not castigated?

They do not do it all the time, especially not in public in front of a shop in broad daylight ! I can understand they do it in the bushes or along the road where nobody can watch them. This is different.

Certainly bad behavior and disrespectful ........ anywhere else you would get locked up for the night.

But it's not the end of the world...... worse things happen. I expect & hope it's been an embarrassing time for them.

Please holiday elsewhere if you behave like that !!

Sensible reaction from the police. Small fine and friendly advice to piss out of public view in future. As a northern copper in the old days before cctv and camera phones, Saturday night drunks making an effort to piss behind a tree or wall were ok. The ones doing it in shop doorways and the like, suddenly found themselves sitting in their own puddle.

Of course Thais never urinate at the side of the road in broad daylight.

Oh actually it's a national pastime.

Side of the road in the bushes ect is a bit different then on a street in full view of everyone. Here I seen Thais too pee against a tree or bushes but they made sure they were not in full view of everyone.

I have done the same back home but never in a street.

Something with apples and oranges.

There have been a couple of reported instances where local chaps were caught "spanking their monkeys" in public though! On the skytrain, roadside in Phuket, a video shop somewhere...and that strange fellow who had a passion for the exhaust pipes of expensive motors !

Not. of course, saying that such behaviour is commonplace, but, then again, I would hope that this disgraceful display by two "guests" is also an isolated incident. Apples and....er, apples ?

It may not be proper, but Thai men do it all the time and everywhere and in public. Why are they not castigated?

They do not do it all the time, especially not in public in front of a shop in broad daylight !

No one does it all the time. Though once your prostate starts to enlarge it can feel like you're doing it all the time.

Our village house sits on a fairly large piece of land which is unfenced. Across the road from us is a clinic that only opens on the weekend. The patients for the clinic use our land to park on and every weekend we're treated to the sight of men and women using our land as a toilet. That's in addition to all the plastic bags and foam containers they leave behind after they've finished eating.

If I video it do you think Channel 3 news will air it over and over for the next few days and send them all round with flowers to apologise to my wife and myself?

Makes you think. Dogs piss where they want. We are not allowed by law to piss. I have a lack of control, and to be honest, I hold my piss for no one.

Yeah and while we're at it, dogs can't be prosecuted for indecent exposure. Lifes just not fair.

Makes you think. Dogs piss where they want. We are not allowed by law to piss. I have a lack of control, and to be honest, I hold my piss for no one.

Even the dogs try to find a tree or a bush when they piss.