is phuket more expensive compared to other parts of thailand?

Howitzer

@ Jimi007

I would be happy to here your opinion on the thousands, yes, thousands, of properties that are on the market here, and not selling.

Of course, ONE block of land next door to you just sold, so that is representative of property sales on Phuket. biggrin.png

Yep, you're right as usual, at least in your mind… cheesy.gif

NKM is always right ..... and always has to have the last post/word. He is very good for clicks/forum revenue.

Always happy to debate an issue and be proven wrong, LIK.

Quite sad, as a former moderator, you now have to resort to personal attacks.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Jimi007

Are you trying to tell me a tourist, who may be 30 years of age, gives a <deleted> about what the price of property was on Phuket, 11 years ago, when they were 19 years old, just out of school, let alone, give a <deleted> about the price of a house or condo on Phuket in 2015 ?

They only care about the price of flights, accommodation, meals, drinks, activities, and yes, thanks to the internet, transport, on Phuket.

Phuket is not competetive with any of the above, not only in Thailand, but the region.

You keep banging on about the price of residential property. Tourist don't care. They are not here on holiday to research property.

The statistics I mention shows Phuket is losing its western market at a rate of 15%, year on year. Info was publishing in the PG a while ago.

@ Jimi007

Are you trying to tell me a tourist, who may be 30 years of age, gives a <deleted> about what the price of property was on Phuket, 11 years ago, when they were 19 years old, just out of school, let alone, give a <deleted> about the price of a house or condo on Phuket in 2015 ?

They only care about the price of flights, accommodation, meals, drinks, activities, and yes, thanks to the internet, transport, on Phuket.

Phuket is not competetive with any of the above, not only in Thailand, but the region.

You keep banging on about the price of residential property. Tourist don't care. They are not here on holiday to research property.

The statistics I mention shows Phuket is losing its western market at a rate of 15%, year on year. Info was publishing in the PG a while ago.

I never said anything about residential prices, I said land prices! You're the one that keeps talking about residential prices.

@ Jimi007

I never said anything about residential prices, I said land prices! You're the one that keeps talking about residential prices.

So how does new land being sold for commercial purposes effect the established commercial property lease prices in the main tourist areas?

Once again, do you think a new block of land that gets sold and developed in shop houses, for example, makes Thai landlords of long existing commercial properties, raise their rents to meet current yields????

@ Jimi007

So how does new land being sold for commercial purposes effect the established commercial property lease prices in the main tourist areas?

Once again, do you think a new block of land that gets sold and developed in shop houses, for example, makes Thai landlords of long existing commercial properties, raise their rents to meet current yields????

Who said anything about new land? You can't follow the discussion and keep interjecting your illogic. I'm done trying to get you to understand that since property prices have been high here for many years and that was because of the demand brought by all the farangs that were coming here, and they haven't gone down, then continue to believe what ever you want...

@ Jimi007

"Who said anything about new land?" - mmmm, "Some land next door to me was just bought" - your words. So, was it, "new land" or land with a building on site?

"You can't follow the discussion and keep interjecting your illogic." - no. I think you are now just trolling.

"I'm done trying to get you to understand that since property prices have been high here for many years and that was because of the demand brought by all the farangs that were coming here, and they haven't gone down, then continue to believe what ever you want." - and I am done trying to get you to understand that greedy Thai landlords, constantly jacking up the rent on hospitality commercial premises, is what has outpriced Phuket in the Thailand holiday market, and yes, not to mention transport prices here.

Gee, Jimi, not a hard concept to grasp.

in my local pub, the Aussie bar in Rawai i can get a draft beer for 50 baht and no one is hassling me to buy them a drink. if i go up to my wife's village and have a beer in a local bar, i can only get a big Leo and i think the price is 120 baht although they never tell you how much its going to cost, and all the girls help them selves without asking, and order more on my tab without asking, so in an hour, i end up spending over 500 baht for what would have cost me maybe 150 baht in Rawai.

needless to say, i don't drink in those places up north much, but unfortunately, there is no alternative around there

I would say jimi and nkm are both correct.

I noticed prices for land&house in Maikhaw or Phuket Town are up in the last year. Prices in Patong or Paklok are down.

Only in the last 2 month 9 houses from 158 houses in the Paklok villa are new on the market so now maybe 35 together. Thais and foreigners are doing a runner to bkk or other countries.

I would say jimi and nkm are both correct.

I noticed prices for land&house in Maikhaw or Phuket Town are up in the last year. Prices in Patong or Paklok are down.

Only in the last 2 month 9 houses from 158 houses in the Paklok villa are new on the market so now maybe 35 together. Thais and foreigners are doing a runner to bkk or other countries.

So, you have around 22% of all properties in that villa, currently on the market, not to mention those that may be on the rental market.

There's probably not enough actual property sales to accurately gauge the Phuket property market. Nothing is moving.

There's nothing wrong with the bricks and mortar, by Thai standards, so you have to look at what is happening "outside the front door" for so many properties to be on the market here.