Pattaya announces forthcoming Chinese Vegetarian Festival

webfact

Pattaya announces forthcoming Chinese Vegetarian Festival

ginjai-2.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- The Chinese Vegetarian Festival known as “Gin Jai” is fast approaching and an announcement was made on Tuesday confirming the dates of this year’s festival.

Khun Chakorn, the Chief of Banglamung District along with Khun Ittipon, the Mayor of Pattaya confirmed the festival will run from 12th to 22nd October which corresponds to the 15th day of the waning of the 10th month of the Thai Lunar Calendar.

During the 11 day festival, followers are expected to abstain from eating meat and during the festival prices of vegetables in Markets across the Country are expected to increase as vendors cash-in.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218390/pattaya-announces-forthcoming-chinese-vegetarian-festival/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-07

So is this really a case of supply and demand based price increase or just good old fashioned GOUGING? coffee1.gif

Yes I noticed the spikes every year as I buy a lot of vegetables.

Maybe time to eat the meat?

Edited by Jingthing

mellow.png ...and I who should escape from Phuket to Pattaya to avoid this madness. Btw, is this greatly celebrated all over Pattaya city on the scale as it is in Phuket or limited to some areas and less spectacle and carnage.

Thanks

Felt.

During the 11 day festival followers are expected to abstain from eating meat......(The meat producers will be happy about that!!!)

And the price of vegetables will increase across the country.......(so the "poor" people of Thailand will suffer some more)

I wonder if the Chinese are proud of that fact ??